News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonbelf

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 23, 2019, 04:31:50 PM
About RotP : il try to see if we can have maps playables, first without buildings. just the maps an biomes.
but warning , you will get some resources you wont know what to do with it: in RotP wont have Iron. but copper and tin, and need to smelt those and then make bronze.
and there are some new things like reeds and papyrus... limestones.... mud...

I would be more than happy with that start. Yes please :)

MarkAnthony

Quote from: moonbelf on August 23, 2019, 08:18:24 PM

I would be more than happy with that start. Yes please :)
+1 Like again!  ;)

Ditto, ditto! I got the weekend off, let's do this!  Send it @RedKetchup !!!   :P
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

RedKetchup

I almost made it rdy for Beta 1. But since you cannot get iron.... i need to modify toolmaker list of job so you can do something with what you will find (like tin / copper) and smelt bronze. but there is a further problem. all the buildings added or from vanilla that need iron ?? like school and all the others?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 23, 2019, 09:54:40 PM
I almost made it rdy for Beta 1. But since you cannot get iron.... i need to modify toolmaker list of job so you can do something with what you will find (like tin / copper) and smelt bronze. but there is a further problem. all the buildings added or from vanilla that need iron ?? like school and all the others?
Bricks? Sand Bricks? Quarry stones? There's sand everywhere! Didn't they make clay bricks or something along the Nile River back in those days? And if you believe old movies/tv shows weren't all those Pyramids made by blocks cut from the ground?
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

RedKetchup

thats not the problem mark.

not providing any buildings yet. there is no clay/bricks/lumber/glass yet. it is only the map generation so far.
there always the possibility to get iron with vanilla iron mine (till buildings are set and redone)....

i probably need to pickup the list that need iron as building material and change it for bronze. like church, doctor house, school... and so on. (just the building requirements).

RedKetchup

so i changed all building requirements that needed Iron and i changed it for Bronze.
i also changed the toolmaker recipes to this: (picture)

(some of the icons are just placeholders till i give them their own icons.)

moonbelf

Changing to bronze makes perfect sense for this mod. Thanks for working on it again! :)

Okiepat

They do mine iron in Egypt, they have for thousands of years. The technique of quarrying granite and limestone was an advanced technology by the time the pyramids were being built. Marble, alabaster, and diorite were used for making statues, basalt for making sarcophagi, and dolomite for hammers to work hard stones. Precious and semi-precious stones that were extensively mined and worked as well included turquoise, beryl, amethyst, lapis lazuli and malachite.

RedKetchup

iron:
yeah after they learned it and met some new advanced empire like greeks and roman... but in time of pharaohs ?

as i said, the vanilla iron mine is there provided from the game itself. i didnt edited it in rotp.

RedKetchup

Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 available.

It contains only the maps : RotP Trees, RotP Grass, RotP Food +RKEC Crops-Orchards, vanilla deers.
2 kind of Stone (stone and limestone). Copper, Tin, Bronze, Iron only available with the vanilla mine. RotP Utility spawns like flax, papyrus, reeds...
Ground textutes: Although i didnt choose a special green one yet for Lower Nile maps, i have 3 new ground textures: Desert, Red Desert and Upper Nile.
Starting Conditions: I copied the starting conditions from RKEC XtraLight.
I added / changed some recipes so you can do something (wood cutter, blacksmith and tailor)
i changed some building material requirements to replace the iron with bronze.

I changed the way things are spawning so i will need to get feedback on : How herbalist / gatherer hut / foresters are producing.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kv7P1RxwMvKneZmXySmLDtQV35xVo8Gx/view?usp=sharing

enjoy!

RedKetchup

BTW there are no buildings yet in beta 1. i will try to add some for beta 2 and following betas. maybe at start you wont have the egyptian feeling, but it will come :)

moonbelf

irrelevant

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Well, I got the school made in time anyway  :P :D

Something is missing a label.

Beans don't do so good in this climate. ;D