News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

cumulate the resources and we will find out which name never appeared :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Ok.

Maybe expand the blacksmith production panel to show four items. I'd like to know how much bronze I made, and I can easily imagine producing copper, tin, bronze, and tools all in one year.

Also, the inventory panel for the blacksmith isn't wide enough to show the quantity of items in the second column.

irrelevant

Please make the production panel for the forester the same size as the one for the gatherer.

I don't know how I'm going to figure out what the nameless resource is, it is nameless in the barn as well.

Is this thread the best place to put stuff like this?

irrelevant

I was about ready to give up on farming, the heat and dry weather is brutal. But if you make a huge field and put one farmer on, it will take him so long to harvest that the second half of the field will actually produce decently; the growing season lasts indefinitely. I'll be interested to see how a seed other than beans will perform.

I'm wondering now what I'm going to do with all the fodder/thatch I'm harvesting. I'm sure I can turn it into firewood, but will the houses actually burn much firewood in a winter that never falls below freezing? ;)

irrelevant

I made a few bronze tools, but I stopped that because there isn't enough tin ore around to use it like that. I'm going to have to save my bronze to build a TP and fill it with firewood to trade for tin ore. Copper tools, or maybe even just stone tools, is the best I'll be able to provide for some time. But logs are hard to come by as well..... ??? I may need to import them too.

At least my guys won't have a problem walking around naked, it's pretty warm. Besides, I need lumber to build a tailor, and I don't see a way to make lumber. Doesn't matter, cause there isn't much game around to provide leather. I've seen just a single herd of something that comes around occasionally, but that has not inspired me to spend precious logs on building a hunting cabin.

Late Summer, and the bean field is at 9%, but I'm not worried, last year at this time it was at 4%. ;)

Sure is pretty hereabouts, with all the different flowering plants. I love the way it looks.

MarkAnthony

Alright Red, I'm with ya Buddy!   ;)

Woke up from my nap and I found a great new work in progress has been made available! Thanks for that. I'm here and I'm in. Since I already live in Arizona with extreme heat waves going on I was in no hurry to try your desert maps so I chose to start in the lower Nile region so I can go swimming when I get to feeling hot!  I just got to watch out for those invisible hippopotamus'!  ::) :P

So far I can see that I start with a Corn crop. My Orchard and Pasture needs to be cleared first to see what they offer but if I'm not mistaken I do have the regular Cattle. Not sure what the Pasture seed will be. I started out with 10 adults and 9 children two of whom will need a School right away. I haven't actually started the game yet, the clock is at zero right now and waiting for me to finish this post.

Here are my screenshots and this time I will try to post them like everyone else does. Maybe I'll figure it out, we'll see in a few won't we?  :)

Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

MarkAnthony

MarkAnthony

The eldest child Morian age 9 turned 10 and became an adult not even three seconds into the game, so I got an extra Laborer right off the bat. Hopefully I can get her to become the School teacher and keep her away from the Blacksmith.

My Orchard seed is Chestnut and my Pasture is being cleared as I speak. Take a look at the Pasture area if you will; it was during the clearing of this Pasture I think that I too got that no-named item placed into the Storage Barn. You will recognize the ground items/vegetation better than me so maybe you can figure out what that mystery item is. I was going to play ROTP with the Debug tool but I didn't want to spoil any surprises for myself. Sorry.

EDIT: Just a thought here, did you by chance have Tin Ore set to be stored in the Storage Barn? I had a couple of small Tin Ore spots on the ground nearby (very few and far between by the way) and I would think they would have cleared those spots already because I assume I need Tin Ore and Copper Ore to make the Bronze. I see no Tin Ore in my Storage Barn of Stockpiles as of yet so maybe the Tin Ore is the mystery item.

I'm also not sure why I have so much stuff sitting on the ground in the Pasture area waiting to be cleared; it looks like Fodder-Thatch doesn't it? Not sure why it's on the ground when my Storage Barn already has some in it.

EDIT AGAIN: I finally see Tin Ore in my Stockpiles so maybe that's not the mystery item after all. That mystery item is now gone from my Storage Barn so more likely it was an Edible item?

irrelevant

Four times I have placed a TP, then clicked on it to pause construction. Each time crashed out. This is the only mod that I have enabled.

At least I learned after three times to save the game first  ;)

irrelevant

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 24, 2019, 07:03:15 PM
The eldest child Morian age 9 turned 10 and became an adult not even three seconds into the game, so I got an extra Laborer right off the bat. Hopefully I can get her to become the School teacher and keep her away from the Blacksmith.
Good luck with that  ;D

irrelevant

I see that I could have picked more friendly starting conditions! :D

MarkAnthony

Quote from: irrelevant on August 24, 2019, 07:04:08 PM
Four times I have placed a TP, then clicked on it to pause construction. Each time crashed out. This is the only mod that I have enabled.

At least I learned after three times to save the game first  ;)
Dang it! Sounds like we're gonna need the RKTownHall patch to fix the Trade Posts and maybe Town Hall too. I was going to enable it at the start but forgot.

Quote from: irrelevant on August 24, 2019, 07:05:36 PM
I see that I could have picked more friendly starting conditions! :D
Are you finding that Copper Ore and Tin Ore are far and few between or was it just my map and starting area RNG luck?

irrelevant

Crashed out again. I won't touch the TP again until construction is complete, but if it won't let me assign a trader and assign inventory, there's not much point in continuing with this town.

irrelevant

Quote from: MarkAnthony on August 24, 2019, 07:16:10 PM
Are you finding that Copper Ore and Tin Ore are far and few between or was it just my map and starting area RNG luck?
Copper ore is okay, but tin ore is extremely scarce. I just burned my last reserve on the TP.

What is the mod that I need for that?