News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work in Progress : Rise of the Pharaoh [Mod] Discussion.

Started by RedKetchup, January 25, 2016, 05:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taniu

@RedKetchup  ;D sixth stage
Egyptian entertainment
The Egyptians attached importance not only to worshiping gods or fulfilling their duties. Much time - especially the youngest - devoted the inhabitants of Egypt to fun and entertainment. Children could play football or play with dolls, while adults struggled in social games and spectacular sports struggles.
Wooden toys were stylized mainly for animals that could be seen all over Egypt. They were primarily a mouse, crocodiles, horses or hippos on wheels. Thanks to the wheels and a piece of string, they could be pulled on the ground. These toys were only for the elite. The poorer children made a mud or clay toy, and later they scoured them in the sun, played with a bit, which was started with a string.
Of the games for adults, the most popular was the net, whose rules are not completely known to this day.
games for adults - these included mainly 'soldier' ​​games, which are all kinds of melee combat and various weapons. Of course, swords, foils or swords were not used. a strong stick and leather covers for the shoulders were enough. Other sports were also organized, namely water fighting. Members of the two teams boarded separate papyrus boats, then each player received a long wooden pole. First you had to move away from the opposing team's boat, and then - take momentum, quickly swim and rock it so that the opposing team fell into the water. It looks easy, but it's not really when opponents do the same.Greetings

taniu

@RedKetchup @ I apologize again for my thoughts - but I am very interested in how the Egyptian fate will unfold? What will you add and what will you skip? or maybe one of the moderators will also add something? I am very curious - currently testing but from a different angle - thinking about the use of different mods - does these mods work ROTP? Greetings ;D ;D ;D

RedKetchup

thanks for all the info @taniu . you gave a lot. i read all and probably re-read again another time or two.
most the info are correct , a few thing i strongly doubt... like corn ? i thought corn was from america (indians, aztecs, maya, inca)
i also notice there a lot of things we cannot implement in banished. all we can do is add building, make a resource... and that all.

i ll do only the evident ones...
thanks for your time given :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Okiepat

Egyptian maize (corn) dates back to 4000 BC. The staple crops of ancient Egypt were emmer (a wheat-grain), chickpeas and lentils, radishes, cucumber, lettuce, onions, garlic, sesame, corn, barley, papyrus, flax, and the castor oil plant. Fruits included melons, plums, figs, grapes, raisins, and dates.

taniu

@RedKetchup ;D thank you very much for paying attention to my arguments, I don't know anything about corn, I relied on historical sources, I know very well that this is a very long period of Egyptian life? I also know that all messages I send cannot pacify our current game - because this is not possible -? but as I wrote, I will test many mods - maybe something useful - I also noticed tester's opinions - without tools, nothing works, I can still pay attention to lying logs - I have a problem that nobody collects them despite the fact that I marked them with a cross? but maybe some other mods are still missing? I don't know, will I still test? I count on other testers who have more news in this area? :P ;D
Greetings

taniu

I checked once again when it comes to the cultivation of maize in Egypt - I note that it is grown today and not ancient Egypt - gives details - as a curiosity
corn :-\
Corn occurs mainly in subtropics and temperate climates, but it is also grown in Canada or Russia. Sufficient temperatures above 10 degrees during germination and 16 degrees during growth. Humidity is less demanding - preferably between 450 and 600 mm per year.
Historically, corn comes from Mexico. It does not occur in the wild, so we owe Maya and Aztecs its existence. She came to Europe with Columbus and spread throughout the Mediterranean.
The most and largest corn crops are:
• in Europe - Aquitaine Basin (France), Padan Lowland (Italy), Iberian and Balkan Peninsula, Hungary, Ukraine, Germany, Czech Republic, Austria
• in Asia - Huang He Valley, Manchuria
• in North America - Corn Soy Belt (Central Plains in the USA)
• in South America - the Brazilian Highlands
•   in Africa
yields
The average world yield in 2013 was 55 dt / ha, over 13 years it increased by 12 dt / ha. Over the past 13 years, Hungary has dropped out of the top ten, and Turkey has come.
The highest yields per hectare in 2013:
1. Spain - 113.3 dt / ha
2. USA - 99.7 dt / ha
3. Canada - 95.9 dt / ha
4. Turkey - 89.4 dt / ha
5. Italy - 87 dt / ha
6. France - 81.4 dt / ha
7. Egypt - 77.3 dt / ha
8. Argentina - 66 dt / ha
9. Poland - 65.83 dt / ha
10. Ukraine - 64.1 dt / ha
Manufacturers
In 2013, a total of 1018.1 million tonnes of maize was produced, i.e. 302.1 million tonnes more than wheat and 277.2 million tonnes more than rice.
Greetings ;D

RedKetchup

thanks you for the infos :)

i started the Mud Pit :)
i made the base ground. it will need to be put near water.

edit: started the building :) (picture 2)

edit2: here you will have a good view as a whole even not finished yet.... (picture 3)
i still have to do the ropes, the thatched roof and add some torchs on the site. (oh and make my floor^^)

edit3: I added the ropes and i fixed the stairs textures. (picture4)

brewer

Hello everyone, I see that Rise of the Pharaoh is arousing great enthusiasm, I remember seeing the images of RedKetchup a few years ago, the movie "the ten commandments" comes to mind when the captive people were required make adobes without chaff; Very good for the mud pit.
As for corn, I can say with certainty that indeed as it has been said here it is of American, Mexican origin specifically, from a region called Tehuacan, and that even its creation precedes the Mayans and the Aztecs, since it is a few thousand of years of hybridization of a plant that still exists in the wild - the teozintle - process that gives rise to many varieties, how I enjoy eating it in hundreds of different dishes!
Taniu very interesting the information you provide about world production, tells us that corn is the most widely produced grain in the world.
An extraordinary mod! Congratulations
much food... and more buildings!

brewer

The forgotten, in the mud pit, can we see some adobes that dry in the sun? again thanks Red and I hope you have some time to read me  :)
much food... and more buildings!

taniu

@RedKetchup ;D ;D ;D although you have a lot of knowledge about building houses - but I wanted to give other players some information about this topic - I have a question, is it possible to build an Egyptian house - 7 floors? :P :-[I searched for some interesting facts about Egyptian houses, surroundings,  - furnishings of apartments and even surprised me - that the Egyptians built "skyscrapers" -
Egyptian houses - curiosity
adobe-
Adobe is sun-dried brick, unfired. Adobe is made of clay, loam or silt mixed for strengthening with grass or straw, often chopped. The Egyptian house, i.e. a residential building in ancient Egypt, was usually built of impermanent, locally available materials, i.e. sun-dried brick mixed clay with chaff (cf. Adobe), papyrus and wood. They were not permanent, but in a hot and dry Egyptian climate they could serve for years.
The most primitive dwellings used by poor Egyptians were papyrus caves and mud silt. A typical Egyptian house had a rectangular shape. The roof supporting structure was made of wood, walls, floor and clay roof surface.
The interior of the small house consisted of only one room. It served as a warehouse and shelter during inclement weather, as well as during the hottest hours. A small courtyard adjoined the house - a courtyard. The whole was surrounded by a clay wall. The thickness of the walls was significant, it could exceed a meter. The wealthier families had larger buildings with more rooms, and within the walls was a garden with shade trees. The rural headquarters also had a swimming pool - a water tank, located in the middle of the courtyard.
The residences of some wealthier Egyptians were equipped with toilets and bathrooms.
The furnishings of the houses were modest, including papyrus mats, wooden tables, and chests. Baskets and clay pots were used for storage. The Egyptians knew the beds, although the poor were sleeping rather on a reed mat. Instead of pillows, however, they used special wooden head supports.

Egyptian skyscrapers
"One of the reasons for the construction of such houses could be a rapid increase in population and difficulties in finding a place to settle. From the time of the greatest splendor of the land of the pharaohs in the New State (XVI-XI century BC) to the Late Period, beginning in the VII century BC, the population of Egypt increased from 3 to 5 million people "-
Tower types of this type were popular in Egypt from the 8th century BC until late antiquity, i.e. in the 5th century
- How do you best imagine an Egyptian house from 2,500 sq.m. years? The easiest way to go to Shibam in Yemen. There, still within the Old Town, traditional, multi-storey mud brick houses. The skyscraper "in Tell el-Retaba was probably inhabited by one, quite wealthy, multi-generational family. The rooms on the upper floors were protected against moisture. Solid foundations (in Tell el-Retaba their walls reach up to 1.8 m) formed a massive platform, and the utility rooms were higher.
Greetings

RedKetchup

i dont think i ll do any multi story.... for the moment

MarkAnthony

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 29, 2019, 09:09:29 AM

And the Banished world all gives a collective. "Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...... *sniff*"    :(
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

moonbelf

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 29, 2019, 09:09:29 AM

I'm ok with that .... for the moment  ;D

MarkAnthony

Quote from: moonbelf on August 29, 2019, 11:25:15 AM
I'm ok with that .... for the moment  ;D
I'm sorry but I think @moonbelf meant to +1 Like my comment.    :P

We gotta stick together Moonbelf. We can't give our Mod Overlord reason to think we're flexible. He invented multi-story housing, gave it to us, and now wants to deny us?! Goodness gracious no!  LOL

Fine, fine... I'll be patient and a good boy and use the mods as they are given to me. Though I admit I do like those images @taniu showed us.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.