News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Paeng - Village Journals

Started by Paeng, March 21, 2017, 02:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

@Maldrick oh yes, I see that now too.  I did not use that canal piece yet so didn't recognize it.

(prying the lid off the can of worms a little bit more) you would get a lot of help and encouragement on this site but I know you just updated your game recently like I did so there are a lot of new mods to try.   So you have plenty of time to get more sleep on it.  :)

embx61

I can't describe how much I so don't need to open that can of worms. LOL. I'm neither an artist or moddler nor a coder so it would be one big massive learning curve at every turn.  But I love this game and am super curious about all of it.  So, maybe. :)  Still sleeping on it.  Thank you for the encouragement.

I think most of us modders, if not all, did not know squat about 3d modelling and the Mod Kit.
It is indeed a learning process and it all look overwhelming at start.

Trust me, most here on WoB don't want to be around me when something is not going right after try, try, try and try again so the curses flow to the room :)
My beloved wife had to calm me down quite a few times and urge me to just let it be for the moment and do something else.

She said, "You are so frustrated now that it will never work so just leave it alone for a bit and it will come back to you"
How right she was :)

So if you take it slow and first do some "easy" stuff it will come to you.

If you put that first mod out and it works, even when it is something easy as a little well or something you will feel the drive to take on some bigger projects.

And there is always this forum if you get stuck :)

And if Modding is just not something for you (Remember, it is not for everybody and nothing is wrong with that) you will find out soon enough and only lost some time in the process of giving it a shot  ;)

[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on July 29, 2017, 06:44:24 AM

I can't describe how much I so don't need to open that can of worms. LOL. I'm neither an artist or moddler nor a coder so it would be one big massive learning curve at every turn.  But I love this game and am super curious about all of it.  So, maybe. :)  Still sleeping on it.  Thank you for the encouragement.

lol i was exactly the same !

never been an artist, never been a modder, i never been a coder !
i ve got to climb a massive learning curve for 16hrs per day for many months
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

embx61

I did some coding before with Object Pascal (RAD Studio Delphi) but it is different then C++ although they say if you know one coding language it is easier to get into another.

I find that statement only partly to be through although I have to say there are a lot of similarities between the languages.

My beloved wife was a artist. 1 Masters and two Bachelors degrees in Art, Painting, and Art History from the University of Louisville :)

So she helped me a lot with how to chose certain textures and stuff but beside that I was just a novice with the Mod Kit and 3d modeling software.

Paeng

Quote from: Abandoned on July 29, 2017, 06:17:35 AMthe ground level side of canal appears to be going uphill

Oh I see... a little trick the eyes can play  :D

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Paeng

Hamlet 3
After the quick trip to the waterfront, let's visit the last and largest hamlet. Here we find all the live stock - chicken, sheep and cattle... One feature is the Abbey with its fruit orchards and beehives, and the Sisters of Mercy Hospital. A few  modest flower farms supply a perfum maker.

Hope you enjoyed the tour...

embx61

kid1293

Can I buy a season ticket? :)

Thanks, @Paeng !

Abandoned

Enjoyed being a tourist, love those splashes of color.  :)

RedKetchup

a weird place to put a school ^^

are they teaching exclusively the farming technics ?
:P

Paeng

Quote from: RedKetchup on July 29, 2017, 03:12:36 PMa weird place to put a school

Well, not really - that school was founded and is run by old Miss Ogilvie, a stern disciplinarian... she firmly believes that kids should be kept from the nearby market, where they would only steal sweets, and instead be put to work tending the sheep and chickens (which incidentally belong to her as well), pick dead leaves out of the irrigation ditches and bundle flowers for the perfumery (incidentally her business too), and clean her cottage every day. During breaktime you can see her sitting in her rocking chair right by the bridge, keeping a sharp eye on her charges...

;)

Savidan

RedKetchup

Quote from: Paeng on July 29, 2017, 04:06:10 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on July 29, 2017, 03:12:36 PMa weird place to put a school

Well, not really - that school was founded and is run by old Miss Ogilvie, a stern disciplinarian... she firmly believes that kids should be kept from the nearby market, where they would only steal sweets, and instead be put to work tending the sheep and chickens (which incidentally belong to her as well), pick dead leaves out of the irrigation ditches and bundle flowers for the perfumery (incidentally her business too), and clean her cottage every day. During breaktime you can see her sitting in her rocking chair right by the bridge, keeping a sharp eye on her charges...

;)

;D  ;D  ;D

QueryEverything

@Paeng thank you for your gorgeous screenshots, I enjoyed the beautiful little journey though the villages.
I felt that we were in a horse and carriage and seeing the sights, meeting those around us, it was a lovely way to spend the afternoon. 

More, more, more ;)  Welcome back to the forums journal Paeng, I'd say it was a triumphant return.  Your ISP needs a kick in the pants if it does that again.  ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

Asburnsville

An early frontier settlement

Set against a strong mountain backbone, Paeng's abode... from the top we can see across the town -

An idyllic port and some fishing industry...

A corn mill...

A quaint market with tavern and boarding house...

Some basic farms - vegetables, fruit, pigs, chicken...

The leatherworks - fresh water for saltworks, tanner, saddlemaker

The abbey, home of the cleric...

:)