News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Specialized Trading Ports

Started by JamieIdle2.0, November 07, 2014, 08:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieIdle2.0

Quote from: rkelly17 on December 05, 2014, 10:47:02 AM
A bit of a report. I'm currently working on a town where I have used the modded TPs. I started with 1, then 2, seed and livestock TPs. The merchants came regularly, but the luck of the draw kept them from going crazy. I started on medium with wheat and beans. The first merchant brought sheep, so I started a herd. Then, wouldn't you know it, for the next several game years merchants brought nothing but wheat, beans and sheep. It took quite a while to get all the seeds and livestock. After I had all the seeds and livestock I tore down the two original TPs and replaced them with one food and one "finished goods" TP in case of emergencies. I've stocked those with ale but haven't bought much.

As this was going on I was able to get apple and ale production going, so I built 1, then a second, then a third "raw materials" TP where I gave orders to buy stone and iron. At one of the TPs I put in an order for stone and iron. After about ten game years I was so inundated with stone and iron I had to suspend buying and end orders. 16,000+ stone! from 3 TPs! These things are super efficient. For a time they were going through ale faster than I could get it produced, so I eventually had 7 breweries making hard cider from 12 3X15 orchards. Now that I've had to reduce purchases, I also limited ale production (don't want the drinking to interfere with work, after all) and I have more apples than I know what to do with.

So, my experience is that I can do with 5 TPs what used to take 15 or more. I'm now at about 400 or so citizens and we'll see when I need to resume active trading to supply the needs. Even after 3 or 4 game years with no purchases I still have 14,000 stone and 5,000 iron. I might start buying some logs, but so far clearing for farms and pastures has supplemented my foresters enough to keep builders and woodcutters both happy.

Opinion Overpowered or helps save tedium and free up valuable river real estate? Tweaks or suggested modications?

rkelly17

Quote from: JamieIdle2.0 on December 06, 2014, 09:01:53 PM
Opinion Overpowered or helps save tedium and free up valuable river real estate? Tweaks or suggested modications?

In my opinion (flawed though it may be) the specialized TPs are great just the way they are. Definitely saves tedium and makes settlements look more realistic. Seriously, how many frontier settlements had 30 docks along the river? If I can do with 5 TPs what used to take 20 or more, I'm all for it. I wouldn't change them at all.

I think that the secret is that each variety of TP attracts the appropriate merchants and you don't have to put up with all the seed merchants who come after you have all the seeds, etc. Some may see that as a cheat, but for me it just makes for much less irritation than the vanilla TP. That being said, the (expletive deleted) seed and livestock merchants still seem to specialize in what you already have--one of the perverse jokes of the Great God RNG, I suppose.

irrelevant

Paeng

Quote from: irrelevant on December 13, 2014, 04:51:28 PMdid you take all your TP mods down?

http://banishedinfo.com/mods/view/613-Specialized-Trading-Posts

* You probably missed it because the sorting of BI is not really working too well...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]