News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

MOD: Boarding House Nomads-Beta

Started by JamieIdle2.0, November 21, 2014, 11:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieIdle2.0

Ever want more control over nomads? This will give it to you while adding a interesting new twist.

Nomads will now arrive at Boarding Houses! Think of them as travelers that you can choose to let move into town. You will get nomads more often, but fewer of them. Want more nomads? Build more Boarding Houses!

Anyone that has dug into the code knows that the number of Nomads is based on percentages of your population. There is a Min and Max that may arrive each time. For this mod it is set very low 0.01 and 0.02 ie you will need at least 100 bannies to start getting nomads this way. Nomads will come every 1 to 2 years at Each Boarding House you build. The only other required structure is a Doctor.

This could really help you grow your town faster or cause you to live with endless plagues your choice and your challenge!

Beta testers needed! Shall your town become a melting pot of many peoples?

Paeng

I really like Nomads  ;)

Right now I'm a bit overwhelmed - we have

Slink's Inn (based on Mathieuso) - needs Inn and Hospital
Jamie's Boarding House (based on default) - needs BH and Hospital

So I suppose I can use one or the other, or both...

How about the Town Hall - is it completely overridden? Does it still call on Nomads even if I do not have one of the above structures built yet? What numbers (percentages) are used when the mods are installed?

So many questions...  :D
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

slink

My Inn uses the same percentages as the town hall.  The town hall still works as always.

Nilla

I said that I would test this mod in my last game and finally I test it now. Sorry it took some time.

I have a problem. No nomads have arrived. I built a boardinghouse and a hospital very early in the game. The first two years, I tried to run the hospital without doctor, just to test if it is the hospital that attracts the nomads or hospital+doctor. Now I have run it with doctor another 3-4 years. Still no nomads. You write there will be nomads every 1-2 year, so due to time they should have been here. Is there anything else that have to be there? A certain number of people? Some years until the first arrive?

Bong

You need 100 bannies, unless he changed something. He wrote it in first post.

Nilla

Sorry didn´t read that careful enough.

Nilla

So now I have played the boarding house nomad mod some years and yes now there were nomads. A lot of nomads!

Nomad related history
Reach 100 pop in late spring 8 (all nomad attracting buildings have been ready for some time)
Early summer 10, 140 inhabitants ............ a whole family of 4!
It took some time, because I had a constant lack of stones in this game, but sometimes at the end of year 11, I built a second boardinghouse.
Early summer 12, 200 inhabitants ..... 34 nomads at the first boardinghouse.
(Spring 13.....62 nomads at the town hall)
Early summer 14, 350 inhabitants..... 25 nomads in bh1 and 28 nomads in bh2 ............53 nomads

I don't really know what I think about this mod. A funny tweak of the game? Unnecessary? hm..... ???

I don't think I would use it in a "normal" game. As I have said before. I am not a nomad person. I seldom take many. But for sure, this would be a big challenge: Use this mod (and maybe the normal nomads) take them all and LIVE. ;) By the way, I took them all, but I will not live for long or rather the inhabitants will not !

Maybe I should say a little about the numbers.

First nomads, 2 years after you reached 100 inhabitants. I don't know, maybe it is a bit late. If I take nomads, I take them early in the game. As Agneta wrote on the Facebook page;"You need them early". But on the other hand. Too early; would maybe make it too easy.

Number of nomads: I thought you wanted few. OK, 4 nomads at a population of about 140 is few, but 34 nomads in one boardinghouse with a population of about 200 isn't few, neither is 53 nomads in 2 boardinghouses with a population of about 350.

They seem to show up at the same time every second year. It is a bit too predictable to my taste. But on the other hand, you can prepare for them.

rkelly17

Quote from: Nilla on December 04, 2014, 10:42:21 AM
I don't really know what I think about this mod. A funny tweak of the game? Unnecessary? hm..... ???

I think the point of this mod and @slink's version of the inn was so that those of us who hadn't built the vanilla market or trading post could still attract nomads. The "Nomad Attraction System" specified that town hall, (vanilla) market and (vanilla) trading post must all be present. Those of us who were using @slink's specialized markets and/or @JamieIdle2.0's specialized TPs were not getting nomads, so these mods were kindly provided for our use. And they do exact;ly what they advertise: Modded Inn or Modded BH plus hospital produce nomads. Interestingly, in my current game I have not built a vanilla TP and my town hall does not produce nomads. I get all I need through the inn.

MightyCucumber

Does any of these mods overrite the Town Hall's ability to attract nomads? It'd be cool to have another building to take in nomads, and leave the Town Hall without the constant looming threat of getting 100+ nomads ahah (which I always feel reluctant to deny entry).

RedKetchup

personally i think it would be nice to see a new building : Consulate or Embassy
which would take care to grant citizenship or refuse it ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: MightyCucumber on December 15, 2014, 08:23:30 AM
Does any of these mods overrite the Town Hall's ability to attract nomads? It'd be cool to have another building to take in nomads, and leave the Town Hall without the constant looming threat of getting 100+ nomads ahah (which I always feel reluctant to deny entry).

The mods leave the town hall unaffected. It does still require the vanilla market and the vanilla trading post to attract nomads.

XSwifTX

Finally tried this mod simply because I hate how the market works and think getting nomads tied it it is stupid. My first batch of nomads was 2, second was 9. I am thinking this is nice getting a few wander in now and then. Then 47 came and followed by 56. With a population of aprox. 200 that is way too many to try and absorb.  Any way to limit the amount that show up? IMO aprox 10 nomads per 100 citizens would be a more realistic amount to have to deal with.

JamieIdle2.0

Quote from: XSwifTX on December 25, 2014, 06:38:20 AM
Finally tried this mod simply because I hate how the market works and think getting nomads tied it it is stupid. My first batch of nomads was 2, second was 9. I am thinking this is nice getting a few wander in now and then. Then 47 came and followed by 56. With a population of aprox. 200 that is way too many to try and absorb.  Any way to limit the amount that show up? IMO aprox 10 nomads per 100 citizens would be a more realistic amount to have to deal with.

lol it is not suppose to increase that dramatically at all. You shouldn't even see nomads until you hit 100 citizens.

XSwifTX

I was around 110-120 when I built the boarding house so my first couple nomad visits were sort of what I expected. But the huge jump from 9 to 47 with a population under 200 at that point was surprising. Think something isn't quite right  :)