News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

New Banished Modkit for Steam

Started by rkelly17, November 24, 2014, 11:46:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

From the Steam/SRS news:

A new version of the game has been updated on Steam that changes the way mods are uploaded to Workshop. Adding a mod to workshop now requires the original compiled source data to be available to allow uploading. This allows only mod authors to upload their content.

Mods must be rebuilt with Mod Kit 141123 before this will work. Non-Steam versions should still function properly regardless if mods are built with the newest mod kit or the previous one.
Changes for 1.0.4 Build 141123

- Uploading mods to Steam Workshop now requires the user to have the original compiled data before packaging on disk (generally .crs files). The data must be in the same location it was build and match the files in the package. For example, if the mod was built in C:\BanishedKit\mymod\bin\, then all files created during mod compilation must remain in that directory for the mod to be added to Steam Workshop.

Without the original data, the Add to Workshop and Update on Workshop buttons are unavailable. Current mods need to be rebuilt with Banished Kit 141123 before they can be updated.

No other changes to the game or mod kit have been made, so non-steam users can continue using build 141103.

It would appear that this only applies to modders using the Steam workshop, but who can be sure? If it works it should deal with the issue of people uploading the mods of others.

Denis de la Rive

Have you visited the steam workshop? When I did the lack of policing was so apparent it almost made me sick, I'm with Colonial Charter now and the team had to file copyright paperwork up 10 times a week. Reds was being ripped off so much he removed his mods from there. This update blocks steam users for using mods that are uploaded by the original author, its technical stuff so not important for this post, and since steam automatically updates the game, the users will have no choice but to stop using pirated mods. Its just an example of how Luke is looking after those who mod the game, since the operators of steam weren't doing the job. It also means non steam modders are safe too, I saw a rip of rage's sawmill last time I was there, it was only a question time before this was going to hit others.

BTW we have a new website with a wiki function http://colonialcharter.com, I'm currently editing.  :)

rkelly17

The day after the update came from Steam I checked the workshop and there will still a lot of mods credited to the wrong people. I get all my mods from here and Banished Info, so I don't know whether the pirated or mis-credited mods still work or not. I was hoping they'd all just disappear, but I suppose that's too much to ask for. I've found the Steam workshop for Banished to be more of a problem than help. The fora are beyond ridiculous.

Denis de la Rive

Well considering that there is no policing, if the pirates don't delete, not much can be done, but form my understanding of the process you need the original scrips and other parts of your mod available when you upload to the workshop not just the pmk file, if you don't then it will not work in the game. I also find the whole Banished related stuff on steam such a pile of ..., well we made a privy for that.

Its just that I feel pity for them, such a poorer game than what we have. Banished mods also has some interesting mods.  :)

rkelly17

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on November 27, 2014, 06:35:20 PM
I also find the whole Banished related stuff on steam such a pile of ..., well we made a privy for that.

@Denis de la Rive, there is a brilliant idea for a mod here!!!! Just what Banished needs: Outhouses! Here we are in the 1700s or the 1400s or whatever and there are NO outhouses. @slink, @JamieIdle2.0, @RedKetchup, are you listening?

;D

But I'm also serious.

Denis de la Rive

Hi, have you tried our mod, Colonial Charter: Maple Harpoon, we have a privy as a decorative element, and are compatible with most other mods. There is a list of them on our site http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/help-support/229-mod-compatibility, you can see it here http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/wiki/16-buildings/98-privy. Hope to see you over there.  ;)

slink

Quote from: rkelly17 on November 28, 2014, 08:17:54 AM
Quote from: Denis de la Rive on November 27, 2014, 06:35:20 PM
I also find the whole Banished related stuff on steam such a pile of ..., well we made a privy for that.

@Denis de la Rive, there is a brilliant idea for a mod here!!!! Just what Banished needs: Outhouses! Here we are in the 1700s or the 1400s or whatever and there are NO outhouses. @slink, @JamieIdle2.0, @RedKetchup, are you listening?

;D

But I'm also serious.
*chuckles*  I hear you.  An outhouse, mmm?

irrelevant

Don't forget the happiness circle  ;)

salamander

With an unhappiness half-circle downwind.

rkelly17

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on November 28, 2014, 01:07:37 PM
Hi, have you tried our mod, Colonial Charter: Maple Harpoon, we have a privy as a decorative element, and are compatible with most other mods. There is a list of them on our site http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/forum/help-support/229-mod-compatibility, you can see it here http://colonialcharter.com/index.php/wiki/16-buildings/98-privy. Hope to see you over there.  ;)

I have to say, having actually had to use outhouses, it is hard for me to think of them as "decorative items"!

;D

slink

Don't forget the wasps in the summertime.  You know, the wasps that fly down and sting you when you let the door slam shut?  Not the ones hovering under the seat.

rkelly17

Quote from: slink on December 01, 2014, 11:36:00 AM
Don't forget the wasps in the summertime.  You know, the wasps that fly down and sting you when you let the door slam shut?  Not the ones hovering under the seat.

In the place where I used the outhouse was at the family cabin in the high desert. The problem was rattlesnakes getting in.  :o  Always carry a flashlight at night!