News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Industry Mining - BETAv.05

Started by Discrepancy, July 05, 2019, 07:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

updated to BETAv.04

BETAv.04 sees large changes in the economy, a few small fixes and other tweaks. Smelting is now a lot more profitable, same as tool manufacturing. Most introduced production chains have had changes in their value, create and inputs, see change log for all the details.

The charcoal piles and the bloomery smelters have been altered to match their production changes. This included the renaming/deleting/adding of different files so is not save-game compatible.

Citizens will now use 105% of the fuel they would normally use in standard banished, this, with the increase in cost to make charcoal or firewood will require you to put a lot more resources into this production than you would have previously.

There is also an increased penalty to work without a tool. And with the high construction costs of many of the industry buildings, charcoal piles and bloomery smelters, it is important to start your production of tools as soon as possible.

The Clarence Silver Mine was not correctly operating in the last update. A fix has been put in place and this has required the removal of the chance to extract Gold from the mine. The introduction of more Gold production will be in the next update.

BETAv.04 - beta update: fixes and minor update   -- 20190811  |  .zip = 125mb (128,510kb)   .pkm = 211mb (216,836kb)
        - fixed issue of Clarence Silver Mine not storing/using input resources correctly, this has meant the removal of the chance of mining Gold.
        - fixed incorrect limit spinner in Clay & Sand Quarries.
        - fixed incorrect work button texts at Worker's Construction Yard.
        - fixed/changed the disease/illness notifications to better match new illnesses.
        - increased the work time of the Thadd Surrel & family: Timber-mill.
        - increased the work time of making oil at the Thadd Surrel & family: Press Shed & Oil Kiln.
        - increased the storage capacity of the Smith's Hearth.
        - increased the work time and work required of the standard banished CutterYard.
        - increased the work time of the standard IronMine.
        - increased spawn chance at map load of stone resource.
        - increased the production speed of the blacksmiths: Smith's Hearth, Anvil Workshop, Blacksmith, Thadd Surrel & family: Blacksmith.
        - adjusted the trade boat deliveries at the standard TradingPost.
        - adjusted the map sand resource to not spawn into too deep water.
        - adjusted the size (made smaller) of the UI panel for the Thadd Surrel & family: Mining Overseer's Office.
        - adjusted the following resources value & create variables:
                 Beeswax value=2, Bricks create=5/8, Bronze value=38, Candles value=5, Charcoal value=7 create 34/55, Clay value=3 create=3,
                 Coal value=3, Coke value=8 create 34/55, Copper value=30, Copper Ore value=4, Copper Tools value=24/*26/*^28, Flax value=1,
                 Glass value=15 create=2/3, Hardened Tools value=36/*38/*^40, Iron value=34, Iron Fittings value=5 create=8-10, Iron Ore value=4,
                 Iron Tools value=28/*30/*^32, Lamp Oil create=6/7, Lime value=5 create=5/8, Linseed create=18, Logs create=4, Pottery value=8 create 3/4,
                 Roof-tiles create=5/8, Sand value=2 create=5, Steel Tools value=32/*34/*^36, Stone value=12 create=2-3, Tallow value=2 create=3/4,
                 Tin value=36, Tin Ore value=5, Tools:Fisherman value=6, Tools:Hunter value=6, Tools:Stonemason value=8,
        - adjusted the following resource production chain inputs:
                 Anvil 1 iron + 1 log + 1 metal-fuel, Bricks/Roof-tiles 8 clay + 1 metal-fuel, or 5 sand + 2 lime + 1 metal-fuel,
                 Charcoal 21 logs, Coke 21 coal, Copper Tool from ore 8 copper ore + 1 log + 5 firewood,
                 Glass 15 sand + 1 metal-fuel, or 10 sand + 1 lime + 1 metal-fuel, Glassware 18 sand + 1 metal-fuel, or 15 sand + 1 lime + 1 metal-fuel,
                 Lime 1 stone + 5 coal or firewood, Pottery 4 clay + 1 metal-fuel, or 2 sand + 1 lime + 1 metal-fuel,
                 Wagon Parts 3 log + 1 iron, or 3 log + 3 iron fittings, or 2 timber + 3 iron fittings,
        - altered the Charcoal Piles to match change in production, now made from piles of: 42, 84, 105, 147, 210 or 315 logs.
        - altered the Bloomery Smelters to match change in production, from ore/charcoal/clay quantities: 25/10/13, 40/16/13, 55/22/13, 65/26/13, 75/30/13, 90/36/13, 105/42/13.
        - copper and iron Bloomery Smelters are now separated into their own individual menu's.
        - altered the DS toolbar menu icon for Firewood & Charcoal production.
        - removed Ores & Minerals from storage at Industry Barns (Thadd Surrel and Glass Maker).
        - improvements to the Worker's Construction Yard building model.
        - Health/Happiness and citizen changes:
                 - increased the chance of disease/illness in the unhealthy, and from nomads with lower populations.
                 - changed the duration of disease/illness to approx. 1-3 weeks.
                 - increased the fuel usage of citizens (105% of normal).
                 - increased the penalty for working without a tool.
               -- reduced the time disease/illness is present when trader visiting at standard TradingPost & Thadd Surrel & family: Trade Merchant.
               -- increased the chance of disease at the standard TradingPost.
               -- reduced the chance of disease at the Thadd Surrel & family: Trade Merchant.
        - added more illnesses and diseases: Biliousness, Diarrhea, Endocarditis, Scrofula.
        - added saw audio effect to the Thadd Surrel & family: Timber-mill.
        - added water spray particle effect to the Thadd Surrel & family: Timber-mill.
        - various text and tooltip additions and changes to the DS Info/knowledge-base panels.

Nilla

pappa

Looks promising your mods are very unique.

Discrepancy

I'm into the last stages of testing the new beta, once again it has been a lot of production and number changes, but this update will see the better inclusion of Tin and Bronze, placer mining and more monuments. With these new buildings and additions it will push the file size up to 280mb.

So far there haven't been any reported bugs or faults with the last version apart from some wrong texts in tooltips.
If you know of any issues in BETAv.04 that need addressing let me know so I can include fixes before upload in next few days.

Discrepancy

updated to BETAv.05

In this new update to DS Industry Mining, I have introduced Tin Ore onto the map, Bronze Bloomery Smelters and Bronze Tools make it a more attractive early game tool until you get your iron mines and smelters operating.

Once again there have been numerous changes in production and the economy, see change log for all the details. Overall it will be a harder experience for some players than the last version.

There is also the new additions of a single Wood Chopper for firewood, a Placer Mine for Tin Ore and Gold mining along waterways. Also a Tinsmith to make Tinware which, along with Pottery or Glassware is now required for the production of all the oils.

I've added 5 new start conditions giving different challenges, and some a jump-start into the industries. Two more monuments to give Spiritual and Safety happiness to your citizens.

Change Log:
        - replaced some of the worker professions with the following:
                - Char-burners are now employed at Charcoal Piles & Coke Ovens.
                - Lime-burners are now employed at the Lime ovens.
                - Potters are now employed at the Pottery kilns.
        - increased the spawn chance of Copper Ore at map load, further reduced Iron Ore.
        - adjusted the map trees; maturity is now 4 years and reseeding can occur after 2yrs (was 3.3yrs maturity, reseeding at 3yrs),
                         seed distance and spawn chance has been increased, and the maximum growth has been increased for longer living trees.
        - further adjusted the map sand resource to not spawn into too deep water.
        - Health/Happiness and citizen changes:
                - further reduced the time a citizen is immune to a disease after recovering.
                - further increased the fuel usage of citizens (110% of normal).
                - increased the detraction radius of the Smith's Hearth.
        - reduced create count of Lamp Oil, now 5-6. value to a variable of 2-4.
        - increased production input of Candles, now requires 5 Beeswax or Tallow.
        - altered production input of Lamp Oil to now also require Glassware, Tinware or Pottery.
        - altered production input of Seed Oil to now also require Glassware, Tinware or Pottery.
        - altered production input of Linseed Oil to now also require Glassware, Tinware or Pottery, removed firewood requirement.
        - reduced create count of Coal, now 4-5.
        - reduced create count of Copper, Iron and Tin Ores, now 3-5. Altered weights of ores.
        - reduced create count of Tallow, now 2-3.
        - reduced the amount of Tallow dropped at death by wild deer, and cows.
        - reduced create count of Timber, now 3-4.
        - reduced create count of Coke, now 21-34 from 21 Coal, reduced storage weight to 3.
        - reduced the value of: Copper Tools 18/*20/*^22, Iron Tools 24/*26/*^28, Steel Tools 30/*32/*^34.
        - reduced the durability of Copper Tools, 75/*100/*^125.
        - reduced the value of Pottery to 6.
        - altered production input of Tools:Fisherman made with copper, now requires 3 logs.
        - altered production input of Tools:Hunter, no copper, now requires bronze instead and 3 logs.
        - reduced the amount brought to trader of: Almonds, Beeswax, Flax, Hazelnuts, Lamp Oil, Lime, Linseed, Pistachio, Seed Oil, Stone.
        - increased the amount brought to trader of all the coins: Farthing, Halfpence, Silver Groat, Quarter Noble, Half Noble, Noble.
        - altered production input of Farthing coin, now 1 Copper.
        - altered production input of Quarter Noble coin, now 1 Gold + 2 Copper.
        - altered production input of Half Noble coin, now 1 Gold + 2 Bronze.
        - altered production input of Noble coin, now 1 Gold + 1 Bronze.
        - reduced the create count of the Halfpence coin to 13, removed the inclusion of Copper in their production.
        - increased the production time at the Coke ovens.
        - increased the production time and work required at the Lime ovens.
        - increased the production time of the Smith's Hearth and the Anvil Workshop.
        - increased the production time of the Thadd Surrel & family: Flax Weaver.
        - reduced the production time of the Water-powered Blast Furnace and the Thadd Surrel & family: Blast Furnace.
        - removed the ability to forge Copper and Iron at the Smith's Hearth and Blacksmith.
        - improvements to the button sprites for collection of ores, sand and clay.
        - improvements to the models of the Sand and Clay deposits on the map.
        - replaced the Firewood, Iron, Log and Stone resource models with the BetterStockPiles models.
        - increased storage capacity of the Assayers Office, increased worker count to 2.
        - altered the Thadd Surrel & family: Trade Merchant. Now known as the goods buyer, boats will buy all resources with payment of coins, gold & silver.
        - added Thadd Surrel & family: Trade Merchant, purchase office building, where you can trade for goods with your coins, gold & silver.
        - added Assayers Coin, Gold & Silver Storage add-on building.
        - added uncovered version of Thadd Surrel & family: Well.
        - added Tin Ore deposits to the map, and collection menu button.
        - added a Placer Mine building for Tin Ore and Gold mining along waterways.
        - added Thadd Surrel & family: Tinsmith building.
        - added Tinware resource, crafted goods & utensil limit.
        - added Flax to the list of crops that you can start a game with.
        - added five new start conditions based upon the new industries and buildings.
        - added three more Storage Yard options: Iron & Metals, Building Materials & Logs, Fuels: Household.
        - added Bronze Bloomery Smelters.
        - added Bronze Tools, value of 20/*22/*^24, durability 90/*115/*^140.
        - added Wood Chopper, 2x2 single woodcutter, firewood from logs or timber.
        - added the Monument of Thor (based on Eyrarland statue), giving spiritual and safety happiness.
        - added the Monument of Vulcan, giving spiritual and safety happiness.
        - various menu text and tooltip changes, fixes and additions.
        - various changes and additions to the DS Info/knowledge-base panels.

taniu

@Discrepancy ;D ;D ;D
thank you very much for the update - Beta 5. I have a question how this mods - will it work with mods RK Rise of the Pharaoh? or with RK Editor Choice? Cordial greetings

Discrepancy

To be honest I'm not really sure. They have a few differences in the limits and perhaps even the resource file names, there is big differences in values and production but most elements may still work. best way would be to try it ;)

taniu

@Discrepancy :D You are right - this is an "industrial" mod - I will test it in this respect - but I was thinking about exchanging goods with Egypt  :P :-[- maybe you will add something that will allow this exchange - the future? - what do you think - I like fashions that complement each other to some extent. Greetings

MarkAnthony

I must say you are doing some really great work with DS Industry Mining @Discrepancy .

Are you still suggesting the use of all your other mods (except for Blast Furnace) along with BETAv.05 for testing purposes or is there a different subset you would prefer for us to use?
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

brads3

@taniu  thank you and NILLA for all your testing. unless someone finds an issue, i think my next map will be an industrial city with the RK EC and DS mods. 

MarkAnthony

Good morning Brad.

I did that RKEC & DS combo with DS Industry Mining v.03. I had to put DSIM above RKEC because DSIM changes Limits so much. And also at that time, DS Timber Mill needed to be above DSIM so that's why you see DS Timber Mill above RKEC also. At the time of August 01, 2019 this ModMan image below shows my setup. Things have changed since then of course, so the mod order would have to be different now. The image below also didn't include DS Log Cabins which didn't exist at the time.

EDIT: Looking at this older image, I no longer use that Tombstone mod, it doesn't work or at least I could never get it to work.  It was supposed to allow you to use the Remove Resources tool to remove tombstones if you had to delete a cemetery.

I also would advise against using the DSCharcoalPatch. It was a patch to change Charcoal's flag to an Industrial Fuel. I found it harder trying to find something that would store the Charcoal after that point and RKEC's Blacksmith refused to use the Charcoal.  I guess this patch was more for people who used CC which I never do. The reason I wanted to use the charcoal patch is I wanted my charcoal and coal stored in the same place. I don't recall if that ever worked out the way I had hoped.

brads3

based on what i see of the limit flagsthey are mostly the same. the charcoal as you said is different. some precious items are different also.glass i believe is construction in RK or raw material so that will be different.DS doesnt have fabrics,so they will stay at custom 2.

now to work around all that,you use the same mod to produce the items needed so if you need glass for RK windows, you use the RK glass maker. i will probably use the my precious mod and therefore swap the precious back to textile limit.

Nilla

Again; thanks for all the work. The changes look interesting. I will try it as soon as I come to play a bit of Banished. Something called "life" is a bit stressful at the moment but I hope it will calm down soon.

Artfactial

I echo that. This gem keeps on shining brighter, I hope to dive in when I return for more Banished.:)

MarkAnthony

Just started a new game with DS Industry Mining Beta v.05 and all your other mods except for DS Blast Furnace and Christmas Tree.

I just wanted to let you know of a text mistake. On the Game Settings window your text description for the "Hard" start says that it includes some Firewood. It doesn't, and it shouldn't because they don't have any homes to begin with.

You never did answer my previous question up above so maybe you just missed it. I am still curious as to which of your mods you think we should be testing this with. I don't know if maybe there are some that you don't feel are meshing in very well anymore.