News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

More crash dumps with beta 1.03?

Started by Bobbi, June 14, 2014, 03:27:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

Does anyone else feel they have more crashes when saving then in previous betas? Actually never had any before this beta. Well, I think maybe one.

Kaldir

I only had one crash ever, and that was in 1.0.2 (but would also crash in 1.0.3). It had to do with a tunnel overlapping a pasture. Filed a bug report and got a response that a fix in on it's way.

RedKetchup

i didnt got any since ... maybe a week.

the last 2-3 i ve got i was clicking too fast in traders panels and was crashing the game
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

slink

I had my first one, while playing the Valley of Death map on x10.  I was clicking rapidly on houses at the time.  I don't normally play faster than x2, so I suspect it was related to the speed at which I was running the game.

Bobbi

Mine occur when I am trying to save a game

mariesalias

Now that you bring my attention to it, I have had several since the 1.02 beta patch. I do not know if it is the game itself though or Steam. I think the message I get mentions Steam?

I hadn't really thought about it except to be annoyed at having to make up the time lost in game. 0.0

Ha! Obviously I have been playing Sims and other EA games too long! If I don't have to mod a game just to keep it running properly (sort of), if I don't have to have  a dedicated desktop fan blowing air over my tower whenever I play a game, or if I don't have a game that is so poorly coded/has a horribly out-dated engine that it is inherently broken, then it is all good.

Occasional crashes I can deal with, especially since i have since set the auto save to every 15 minutes. :D 

Bobbi

I will write down what the message I get says next time it crashes

Bobbi

The message says "A fatal error has occurred in Runtime-steam-x64.dll and the game cannot continue"
So is this a Steam problem?

Kaldir

No, that is the executable for the game (in the Steam edition). It is a Banished issue, not a Steam issue.

mariesalias

Quote from: Bobbi on June 15, 2014, 09:04:26 AM
The message says "A fatal error has occurred in Runtime-steam-x64.dll and the game cannot continue"
So is this a Steam problem?

I a pretty sure that is what mine always say too.  I'll have to report it the next time it happens,

slink

Mine could not have said that, because I don't use the Steam version.  Therefore, I conclude that my crash was different from your crash.

Kaldir

The crash message might be different because the game executable has a different name between Steam and standalone editions, but the crash cause might still be the same.

slink