News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Hulberona

Started by brads3, November 26, 2019, 05:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

i thought of that,actually over a few years i try several things. i am reluctant to mix some pieces so i dont confuse any readers. plus i dont want to rip tracks up in the mine valley and replace with train cars. the cars are moving coal well theselves,just it isn't stored nearby in the coal bin.

it all goes back to the beginning and the map layout i was given to work with. we needed iron to start the tracks and get the across the river to the ine valley. made a tiny mine to get the iron,since we didn't have the blast furnace yet. then set the DS mine to iron ore to feed the blast.then slowed down the iron limit cause all the piles were getting full.

the KID TOWN did come out good and functions well. it is a long ways back south to build the RK railroad set.

brads3

YEAR 48 and 49

WE worked hard but managed to clear land and haul the materials for the tracks to the map edge.the railroad builders will need to finish connecting the rails.

the KID railroad town extended its fields back between the mountains.

it took longer than expected to build the tracks and KID town. it is a nice town and half the bannies show full happiness. even thou the corn crib tavern doesn't show a radius,it does seem to cut over the post office and cemetary. houses north of that show happy bannies.

we will start clearing regrowth away from the train tracks. it will take a few years to work our way back to the center of the map. as the workers are starting to age,we will need to build more houses along the way. from KID railraod town to the edge tunnel are Necora's empty spaces along the tracks. they will block the regrowth of trees and shrubs. i used a gravel road under the tracks thru the town. the gravel texture looks good under the tracks but it is a road so the bannies will walk on it. i wish we had a gravel space a that would block growth but be placeable under the tracks to prevent bannies from walking on them.we will still need Necoras empty spaces along the outside of the tracks.

pic 1: map edge tunnel,finally made it
pic 2: more farms
pic 3: empty space blocking,
pic 4:gravel road makes a nice texture under the tracks.however it is a road, so banies would walk on the tracks more if i used it under all of the tracks. can a similar texture be made but block the bannies instead but will work under the track sections?

pic 5: an overview of KID TOWN

brads3

YEAR 50 REVIEW

population is getting older as we slowed the growth down. 303 citizens-29 students,and 72 children.we stay roughly 10 houses behind our needs.the railroad has helped but much of our food depends on merchant boats. they do bring more veggys than fruit or meat.

we built the 1st railroad town and completed the tracks to the map edge.we have tried to improve the movement of coal to the KID town. we even built a blacksmith to use up the iron ore,but it uses iron instead.the town and train do function well. the town does show more happiness than expected. with the mod order.the happiness system is very dependant on getting alcohol moved to the bannies. overcrowding churches can lead to work strikes.

there are effects from the happiness system.i have had to make adjustments to keep progress.even thou we can not reach full happiness,we still need to work at it.without any services, the bannies would slow down more.these bannies are content and functioning.the mod order is working well.  i do not show any major negative affects from the DS industry mod. we have not had any wide spread outbreaks and deaths. even thou i disabed the mine safety mod,i do wonder if it hung in the game registry.it is surprising that we have not had a DS contagious disease.we were able to build the DS industry buildings without issue.it does take some more planning but this mod set up is quite playable.

it took longer to get to the northeast corner than i expected.we have overcame some minor issues and the game is progressing smoothley. before we start building the tracks to the southwest,there is lots of work to be done. we need to reclear growth along the tracks. at the same time we have plans to add some food processors.we need to build more houses and improve our trading. hopefully it will not take a ful decade to get back to the map center and start laying tracks west.

PIC 1: STATS
pic 2:production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:  graphs

brads3

YEAR 50 and 51

the fort sent milk cows for the north pasture. the aborers did clear along the tracks going south from KID town.clear roads were used to control the regrowth thru town and near the RK carts.in between ore empty spaces are used. the bannies do have some places they can cross the tracks.they have the tracks clear south of the EB farmhouses to a meat locker.

more land was cleared near the farms.another field was planted in corn.

now some may think of this as a cheat. it is all in how you look at it. since we aren't using a lot of the land to the north and west of KID town,we are going to send hunters out.i think it is right if it isn't overdone,people would come in and out of towns and hunt,trap,or trade with the indians.depending on the time of year,they may stay a week or so and then be one for months. we do have a couple mods that work for that. near the river we will build a bridge for these waunderers and a fish and hunting camp.from the camp,6 hunters,an herbalist,and a forester will work.

pic 1: milk cows
pic 2: hunting camp
pic 3: meat locker,tracks have been recleared and empty space blocked this far south

brads3

YEAR 52

to move food from the train back south toward the mine valley,processors are built along the tracks. RK's OLD SALTEY will salt fish.hopeully this will open space or coal.a butcher shop in town wil help process meat from the hunters.

the tracks have been cleared south to the fur trapper forest.

the happiness system is strange. i alcohol is stored in markets close to the bannies, it does not help happiness. living closer to where the alcohol is produced helps. this depends on how the mod was coded. RED's ale tent markets help the miners. the sherbrooke market does not.KID's corn crib produces whiskey which makes the villagers living nearby happy. the whiskey stored at the train market does not help. bannies inside the market radius but farther away from the corn crib do not show improved happiness. 

remember the bannies do need services nearby as well as the alcohol. living near a tavern with no servies near will not show any improvement. the happiest village is the railroad workers near the white swan tavern. none o these bannies will show  4 stars. they show 3 or 5 only. that makes it tough to tell how much affect it has on them. with the DS mod ow in the mod order and some mods added to minimize the negative affects rom the DS inustry mod,it is hard to tell what affects the happiness system has on production. considering the hardships other players had with the DS industry mod,i am glad this map is playing so well. i must have done something right with tweaking the mod order since this map has not seen major issues.just 1 workstrike due to a crowded church early on.we do have more workers cutting firewood than normal and still have to trade to help them. yes, there is good and bad but it is working.

pic 1: old salty and a meat dryer
pic 2: ketchup factory,tracks cleared to the cross road
pic 3: wood butcher
pic 4: trapper forest overview

brads3

YEAR 53 and 54

the apple forest is not producing many apples. it has already dropped back to 2 foresters.to give the trees more time to grow,only 1 forester will work.

i want to test the DS THADD traders. we have many of the materials but did make adustments to the kiln and construction yard.the bannies have walked around the edge of the mountain, but we did build a dock walkway. we will need to wait on lime and lumber.the RK random mine needed dug deeper to get more stone.

the laborers cleared the tracks south to the tunnel and then thru the ine valley.

we dig a RK stone quarry and a precious mine.the DS industry mine is switched to digging coal.a my prrecious smelter will make gold guilder.the THADD trade post is being stocked with excess iron ore.

pic 1:output of the apple forest
pic 2:DS TP's
pic 3: tracks cleared to the tunnel
pic 4: my precious mine and RK stone quarry

brads3

YEAR 55

we are still behind 10 houses. we will do some clean up around the mine valley and start camp village. we will use this year to set up some RK carts to move rails and ties for the tracks and scatter houses.

the tracks are clear all the way thru the start town.a lack of stones sows down our builders. KID's tiny quarry has been redug.

pic 1: more hovels and a DS well
pic 2: west RK carts
pic 3: fishing boats
pic 4: DS TP house and storage

brads3

YEAR 56 and 57

we made  several adjustments to the DS mine and factories to make bronze. a thor statue was built for the start village.the tiny brewer hoards the mead and the RK ale stand doesn't have any alcohol.some houses north of the tracks do show happiness.

land is cleared and the tracks are layed west and south into a canyon.

pic 1: THOR statue
pic 2: west tracks started

brads3

YEAR 58 andf 59

our barns are starting to fill up. a granary will help store food from the trade posts.  a root cellar will give the ore storage near the map center.even the huntig camp needed more storage space.

while the laborers clear land to snake the tracks thru the canyon,they move supplies for a 2nd apple forest.the bannies were worried about bears so they built raised houses.

pic 1: granary
pic 2: root cellar
pic 3: 2nd apple forest
pic 4: vulcan statsue
pic 5: winding tracks thru a canyon

brads3

YEAR 60 REVIEW

population 363,82% educated. 115 houses including 2 boardinghouses.

the tracks were cleared fro KID town back to the map center.we caught up our housing count and improved our storrage.many babies were born in the last 10 years. we have used a lot of the excess stock and are emptying our piles. the DS trade posts do get a lot of highend merchants hauling finished goods.they are stocking iron ore,gold guilder,and some silver bars. the hunters bring in a lot of bear meat that is dried. a butcher cuts wild boar and we salt fish.

the mine valley added a gold ine and a stone quarry. the DS buildings do use a lot of lumber and candles.i do wish the candle shop could use a 2nd worker. otherwise the mod is functioning well without issues.

we have a long ways to go yet. once we get thru the narrow canyon,we have to cross a flood plain of 2 rivers.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: graphs

brads3

YEAR 60 to 63

it is slow progress to clear and lay tracks thru the canyon. the builders are starting to fall behind due to the long distance. we will send 5 more builders.the laborers moved stone for a bridge.the tracks extend south to the flood plain.         
           this distance is going to become a problem.not only does it slow down the workers and builders but in time will slow the supplylines to the RK train stations. there is no good way to solve this. the canyon is too narrow to build much in. wharehousing supplies along the tracks just looks wrong.

pic 1:winding tracks thru the canyon
pic 2: the flood plain the river splits at the top and runs on both sides of the plain
pic 3: walk bridges

brads3

YEAR 63 and 64

finally the work gets to be too slow. a CC indian trader outpost will work near the flood plain.SLINK markerts will start moving supplies for the RK railroad town. this will cost time in the shortrun but speed things up overall.once we get tipis built for the indians,the pace should pic up.

we do need a new indian outpost trader.this 1 is very limited on what it can trade.ale,musketsor iron tools.

pic 1:native indian trader
pic 2: SLINK markets
pic 3: CC teepees

brads3

YEAR 65 and 66

we send 6 couples to the indian trade village. the tracks are raised to avoid flood waters.we got the debris cleared from the flood plain so we can concentrate on getting tracks built quicker.

the trappers are hitting the textile limit. this shuts down the hunting camp,so it wont bring meats. with some 1.06 mods in this order,the textile limit does have a lot of different items under it. i raised it from 7500 to 8500.more flax and flowers are sent to the TP's.

for lack of a better explanation, the soil here is not good for apple trees.  i don't think it is mod order related. i think something is spawning heavily enough that the gatherers are collecting it and not apples. the crates are  collected as apples.   

pic 1:indian village
pic 2: Slink supplies
pic 3: flood plain tracks

Nilla

It would be nice to see an overview of the whole map, with all the railway tracks, at least once it´s done.

brads3

i did do some overviews for you along the way. i even tried to give some as we cleared on the way back from KID town. i didn't want NILLA to be lost.if i zoom out all the way i am not sure you can see the whole map then.

i hope you enjoyed the holidays.