News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Hulberona

Started by brads3, November 26, 2019, 05:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

YEAR 67 and 68

the mines need ore lumber.a 2nd DS construction yard is built in the south mine valley. we did get the bridges finished and ran the tracks diagnally across the flood plain.we still need to wind past more mountains farther south to a larger valley.

pic 1: 2nd DS construction yard
pic 2: DS raised tracks across the flood plain.

brads3

YEAR 69

the bannies worked hard o push the tracks south. they did manage to get them ran to the edge of RED valley.however, there is a mountian  in the way.it is in he middle of where we want to make the turn o he western map edge. we are close to where we want to be but the builders are a few tracks short and 1 mountain away from starting the RK railroad town.

since i used DS tracks across the flood plain, i ran them the rest of the way south. you can see there are different height sections to cross rivers.DS has the heights set to work with the chutes from some of the processor factories.his tracks have sharper graphics and do have a subtle gravel texture to the base. note-they are still road walkable. i should mention that if you make a mistake,you do need to wait til the section is finsished before removing them.there is no way to cancel the build for any of the 3 sets.

NILLA,good minds think alike.these were actually taken a while ago. i have played ahead of the blog.

pic 1: height slope down
pic 2: west of start camp overview
pic 3: southwest track overview
pic 4: RED's mountain at the edge of RK valley

brads3

YEAR 70 REVIEW

populaion 405,with 86 young children. education has improved to 90%. with 122 houses,we are behind 13.

we are starting to reach the end of this map.progress is steady. the bannies did slow down until they were moved with the indian trading outpost.the bannies do have the regrowth blocked across the flood plain.

we should be able to build the RK railroad town in the next 10 years. if we run short on logs, there are some areas near RED's mountain for forests.

pic 1: stats
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4:graphs

brads3

YEAR 70 and 71

we ran a diagnal set of tracks to avoid REDs mountain.DS' gravel texture shows up well in the snow. that helped lay them during the fall snow.the tracks are layed thru the mounatin pass into the RK valley.   

we had hoped for pigs or chickens to be  brought. finally, someone caught some ducks for the small pasture in KID town.

pic 1:mountain pass
pic 2: ducks
pic 3:DS gravel that helps you lay tracks in fall and winter.

brads3

YEAR 72 and 73

once we get some houses built near RED's mountain,the pace will increase.it took time to get some clearing done and a storage barn built. it is so far to haul materials.       

pic 1:RK town start
pic 2: stone house and another wood cutter,these stone houses costs us more time since it is so far to haul the stones.

brads3

YEAR 74

we got 2 of the stations built and part of the train. the textile station does trade furs.

pic 1: caboose and some storage cars
pic 3: 2 stations built

brads3

YEAR 75 and 76

the bannies do not like this distance. it is so far to haul materials.even thou the indians move stuff half way,it is a long walk and then time to go get warm or dinner.each year they spend more time moving materials and less time clearing land. the indians set up an EB farmstand to help move more goods and food.

the stations and 1 train are finished.we have 500 coins stored.the train brought over 1000 potatoes.

pic 1: indian valley farmstand
pic 2: RK train
pic 3: stations

brads3

YEAR 77

While we work to build RED'S wharehouse markets,more land is cleared for the town.the markets should help move supplies for the town and railroad.

of course,we end up 1 building short since we took time to clear land.    thats is how things are going due to the distance of the train.   

pic: RK markets

brads3

YEAR 78 and 79

we need to move workers to the RK railroad valley. according to the townhall,we are 20 houses short.wow,i knew we were behind but didn't think it was that bad.this will take a few years. we had a housing boom right before we started running the tracks down to RED's valley.

in early year 79,we have our 1st major outbreak. yellow fever is spreading quickly. it lasted about 6 months and 8 bannies were in isolation at a time.as they cleared up ,it would spread to others. between the disease and old age,we lost 7 bannies in half the year.

the textile station traded enough fur for coins that we did need a 2nd engine to trade the coins for fish.

the RK valley construction and the fur mod have used up our iron.we needed enough lumber to slow down the DS mine output.we'll work the winter to catch up some materials. the DS mines have been producing coal for KID town.the industry mod is switched to iron ore. one blacksmith will make copper tools.the DS mod does use lumber and firewood. the candle shop only allows 1 worker. we always seem to have a shortage of 1 material or another 3 months out of the year. the DS mod does seem to make all houses use more firewood. most of the houses on this map are not DS yet we have about 3 to 4 times as many wood cutters plus KID's sawmill flips between firewood and lumber.       

pic 1: RK school and houses
pic 2: engine #2 trades coins for fish
pic 3:west farms

brads3

YEAR 80 REVIEW

population 438,308 adult workers. in 140 houses;95 % educated. we only grew by 33 bannies over the last 10 years.
with 50 laborers annd 20 builders,we are at the start of a huge housing and workspace boom.

we made a decent start on the RK railroad town but work has been slow.the long distance to haul materials has been a struggle. several bannies were weak from the trip and died trying to waunder back home.we avoided a log shortage but used up our iron.using stone houses took a toll on the bannies.

NILLA wants a map. we started at the map center and built a start camp.added 2 forests south to provide the logs.to get iron for the train rails,a tiny mine was built in a canyon between the start and forests.we worked to lay tracks thru the mine valley and northeast to KID's railroad town.along the way we needed more logs, so several more forests were setup.as we recleared land along the tracks on our way back from KID town,we added a hunting camp and food processors.

the mine valley has a marble quarry to provide the bulk of our food trades. an RK random and stone quarries were dug,as well as a DS mine and coal bell pit.there is even a my precious mine digging gold ore. there are many DS buildings working in the mine valley.a RK foundry smelts copper and a smelter for gold guilder.it is a busy part of the map. there is even a clay and sand pit.

the fur forest is a KID mod that has a beaver dam and trappers. it also traded the iron rails for furs.those furs are now being traded by the RED's railroad for coins and then potatoes and venison.KID's railroad trades coal for food and firewood.the 2 apple forests <labeled AF> do not like the soil here for some reason.there are crates of apples but the gatherers ignore them.

it was a long ways down to the southwest to RED's railroad town.we built SLINK's markets and a CC indian trader to help move workers and supplies to speed up the process.it is at the edge of the flood plain half way back to the start camp.

before we continue the tracks to the western map edge,we need more iron.while it is stocked up, we will build the RK town and catch up our housing and workplaces.   it has been a long map but we are nearing the end.

pic 1:stats from above KID town
pic 2: production from the food processors near the fur trapper forest
pic 3: inventory above mine valley
pic 4: food and firewood graph from the start camp bridge
pic 5: population anbd citizen graph from the long mountain canyon to the flood plain
pic 6: NILLA's map

brads3

YEAR 80 and 81

we catch up half the houses in 1 year.the southwest farms plowed more fields.the indians added some mini shops.

the southwest farms planted another field and a grape orchard.the start camp built a mill and tiny bakery.the mine valley added more stone hovels since they are mining the stone.

materials were hauled for a hospital and church to the RK town.they hauled iron ore back for the blast furnace. a fabrics market completes RED's market set and will keep  furs supplied for the train.

we only need 2 more houses.we are down to 43 workers supplying 15 builders.

pic 1: sw farms
pic 2: MV supervisor houses
pic 3: more DS hovels for the quarry workers
pic 4: start camp mill and tiny bakery
pic 5: church and fabric market at RED's railroad town

brads3

YEAR 82

The hospital is finished. a townhall and cemetary are built.there is enough iron for us to continue laying tracks. attached to RED's 2nd engine are some deco cars by KID.

pic 1: RK hospital and fabrics market
pic 2: RED's engine and KID's deco train cars,
pic 3: RK townhall

brads3

YEAR 83

as we  near the end of this map,i want to go back thru and show a few things.i should explain the trading of the railroad  towns,the indian trader,and the fur inland trader as well.i should take a day to go over the mine valley also.then go back over the good and bad to this mod order and any issues. if Nilla returns and others are still awake,i want to analyze and debate the happiness systems.so lots to do yet.

we have 1700 coins from trading the fur from KID's fur trapper mod.RED's fabrics market helps move the furs for the textile station.the coins are traded by the 2 engines for potatoes and fish,totallying 2300+ food. during the year

the food station is set up to trade some processed foods as well as water.the material export station has options for coal,logs,stone and iron. it also shows options for clay,brick,and roof tiles but those should not work.remember the RK railroad mod is a 1.06 mod and the flags have changed for many items.hence why the coins are stored as textiles.the utility station does firewood,tools,herbs,ale, and beer.the textile station does show pottery,beeswax and salt,again different flags.NOTE: it may be possable to add CC compatability 1.07 mod and use the train to trade the new flagged items.that would have to be tested.

the CC native indian trader traded iron tools for 70 pemmican,food. it is not very productive. the SLINK markets are so handy even thou it is a 1.06 mod.the industrial market is super at moving logs and stone. it does move some new flagged items like different ores but not all the flags,so the vendor is not waundering around pulling your lumber and supplies away from processors.i have used the SLINK industry market alot. with its large storage capacity,it works better than setting workpiles all over when clearing land.

KID's fur trapper brings in fur and meat.the furs can be made into coats.the inland trader trades trade goods for furs.those furs are sent to the RK railroad. the workshop makes the trade goods from iron,wool,or logs.it can also be a workshop and make clothes or tools. to conserve iron i have it shut off and we are hitting the 12,500 textile limit so that has slowed the trapping. we still have over 3300 furs.

we finished the tracks to the map edgethe RK railroad valley built a tailor.a pasture was added for the start camp.they needed butter to make bread.

pic 1: RED's railroad train functions
pic 2: stations that bring in the coins
pic 3: CC indian trader and SLINK's markets
pic 4: KID fur trappers
pic 5: fur trader brings in furs
pic 6: start camp pasture
pic 7: RK tailor
pic 8: west map edge tunnel

brads3

YEAR 84

we have 1160 coal from the mines.that is traded by KID's railroad cars.the engine is decoration.a general car would bring in textiles,coats,tools,and herbs. the material car brings firewood,stone,logs,and iron.the food cars traded for over 1900 food last year and 112 firewood.they do depend on the coal being moved closer.as the vendors haul coal, the food input improves.there is a wharehouse car to store excess items and deco trains with the set.

where RED's train has cars for storage,KID's uses the stations for storage abd the cars to trade the coal.the coal bin moves minerals including coal.the main station is  a market.the ticket office stores textiles.and there is a boardinghouse included.

the 3rd railroad set is included in the DS industry mod.it has no stations or trains.it is designed to work with the industy processors.the DS tracks have sharper graphics and a stone gound texture.Ds made the raised tracks that i used across the flood plain and the start camp. there are other pieces for the coke furnace and crates and storage carts.

in order to build a tavern for the RK railroad valley,we needed glassware. an RK glass maker was built in the mine valley.the RK town did add 2 more stone houses and did some cleanup along the tracks.

pic 1: KID's train inputs from coal traded out
pic 2: station functions
pic 3:  reverse look at the stations
pic 4: DS tracks
pic 5: RK glass maker

Nilla

Thank you for the map, was a few days away so I didn´t see it until now. I think this town is one of your masterpieces. It´s great!

You explain the different trains and special traders. Which ones do you like the most? Which ones are the most useful?