News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on December 14, 2017, 11:05:03 AM
Debug options please not in this mod. It destroys so much of the game.

agree !!!
should be only a tool for us when we test our things.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

Speaking of which, anyone know of a debug tool that works with the new flags?  The buttons are there with the one I've got but don't do anything.  Came up someplace a while back but don't remember the thread.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

brads3

there is a debug with the original 1.07 beta.i have not updated to the final cut though.did LUKE take it back out?

Maldrick

No idea. One I used someone linked when this came up before.  I don't use the buttons much when testing so was just the other day that I noticed that the ones for the new flags weren't doing anything.

Not a biggie as I don't use them much but has been on the "find out" list so though I would ask since it came up.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on December 14, 2017, 01:35:50 PM
Speaking of which, anyone know of a debug tool that works with the new flags?  The buttons are there with the one I've got but don't do anything.  Came up someplace a while back but don't remember the thread.

no i told him in email what was going wrong with his debug menu....
he never fixed it, just only posted beta1.0.7 as live and said he will never touch back that game ever :(

he totally abandonned it as it was.

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 14, 2017, 02:12:11 PM
Quote from: Maldrick on December 14, 2017, 01:35:50 PM

no i told him in email what was going wrong with his debug menu....
he never fixed it, just only posted beta1.0.7 as live and said he will never touch back that game ever :(

he totally abandonned it as it was.

Seem to remember that.  It's been a while so was fuzzy.  Thanks!

Well, we aren't done with Banished, at all, so there's that. :)  Would love to know what his next project is.  He mentioned it at some point but gave no clues as to what it is.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Maldrick on December 14, 2017, 02:52:24 PM
Well, we aren't done with Banished, at all, so there's that. :)  Would love to know what his next project is.  He mentioned it at some point but gave no clues as to what it is.

he needs to be emailed and asked what is this new projects he is working on now :)
and how long we will have some info and news on those new incoming projects :)

twilightbreeze

Anyone else have an issue with the forester? Built the North6 version of the hut (took forever to get the glass, lol) assigned a forester...and 2 seconds later game crashed. Went back to a previous save....and it did again.

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

Hawk

I'm still trying to get to the point where I can get glass.  ::)
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

twilightbreeze

I get it early on. I just have them mine the gold. Build the trading post, and put only the gold in it, 20 or 30 of it. It goes for 1600 each! More than enough for a bunch of building tools, glass included, seeds, livestock, tools and clothes - all within the first 10 years. I just use custom order.  You don't even need to buy dalars or other monies. All the traders take the gold.

And it's not a cheat cause it's all part of the game. Just have to know how to utilize your assets right
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

brads3

want the my precious mod up there? wonder how it would react.

Hawk

10 years to get glass?  :o Good grief. I don't think I have the patience to wait that long.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

I wanted to play The North with no additional mods, but it looks like - due to my play style and expertise - that I'm going to have to add a few.

I need someone cutting down trees, getting stone and iron ore while I try to manage the rest while waiting on glass, bricks and roof tiles to show up at the Trader. LOL!

Quick question. I built a Trapper cabin out in the woods but after about 5 years it's done nothing. What exactly is it supposed to do and where are you supposed to place them?
OK! That was 2 questions.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

Nilla

It took longer than 10 years for me to get glass in my test. Not that I couldn't buy any. No merchant brought some, they didn't even take an order. I agree with you @twilightbreeze, that gold is a nice early payment but there are a load of other things to sell as well, so I guess, that's not the problem.

Like you @Hawk, I wanted to play the North "pure" with no other mods, but I find it inconvenient to cut the trees manually. I'm sure it would have worked, to search for mature trees, mark them and let laborers do the job. But I prefere a forester who makes that for me. Stone and iron doesn't mater, you need so little of it here anyway.

I haven't built a large forester, yet. I don't need much logs and the small from the forest outpost is enough so far. I'll let you know if there are any crashes.

My trapper works well. 1 trapper gets around 150 furs each year. It's located out in a woods, where nothing else is. Laborers go there occasionally to pick berries and firewood. If there's no changes from the last version, it's important not to have much other things going on in the circle of the trapper.

brads3

you all give just enough info to keep us in suspence.leave me with more questions than answeres.