Author Topic: Infinite: Designing a Town for no human interaction.  (Read 390 times)

Offline Nilla

• Champion
  • Banished Expert
Re: Infinite: Designing a Town for no human interaction.
« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:11:34 AM »
I think you"cracked" it. But I'm not sure that I like the result. Starvation as a mean of success. I don't know.  :-\ Mean!

But somehow, I understand why it works. When Thar's not enough food, often whole families die; old and young, not random. It's those who aren't fast enough, to grab the little food there is who dies. This means houses are free for more adult children from other houses but the "age distribution" is still quite similar each time.

Do you have any intentions to go on with this experiment; see if it's possible to make this without starvation. I wonder how it would work with smaller houses, for 4 person families. if the "peaks" aren't that high, maybe the "flukes" are less likely.

Online smurphys7

• Laborer
Re: Infinite: Designing a Town for no human interaction.
« Reply #16 on: Today at 04:13:18 AM »
I, too, don't like the starvation method.  I will be trying other tweaks as well.  I was only 1 person off succeeding on the previous attempt.  I haven't opened up trading yet.

I strongly want to avoid mods.  How would I decide which mods to use?  Some are like cheating.