News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Decorative type of items

Started by RedKetchup, June 09, 2014, 01:00:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

This game really need 'decorative' type of items (as i stated on official forums)

when you think we often trying to take orchards and try to make nice boulvards or try to make it look nicer.... we really need some.

i played long time Caesar IV and this game at least, had some. bushes... decoratives trees.. flowers ... statues ...
it also got walls and aqueducs but if we can have at least some fences (and fences graphics are already in the game for pastures and schools)

thats a thing that count alot when i m playing a city... at some point i find it ugly... and i stop playing it :(
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Kaldir

I agree, we need decoration.

Now I use wells, patterns with stone & dirt roads, Pecan Parks, Walnut Walkways and trees from the forester. I would love some statues, fountains, fences (preferably that the citizens don't ignore and walk right through) and flowers/bushes.

rkelly17

Yes! I must say, @Kaldir, you do quite well with the meager tools we have available. I always wish my towns and squares looked as good as yours. I use the fruit/nut tree blocks, but at the points when the trees are being renewed they look terrible. I also use the "town forester," but those guys are a bit too random for certain areas. The problem I have with wells is that you can't center them on one side of a market square, so they throw the design a bit off. I have to use two to get symmetry, when that's what I'm going for. I'd like a 2X2 fountain or statue to add to the square to get the look of a typical small-town square. A nice statues of the founder in front the town hall--hey, while we're at it, why not a court house to make it all complete?

Kaldir

Thanks for the compliment. I have the same struggles as you with the items we have. I dislike that the well needs a road fully around, and always struggle with it's odd size on even sized squares. The forester comes out nice sometimes, but often the working circle stands out too much. The orchard parks take some getting used to. If you go for symmetry, the sizing is important (for instance: 4 x odd number for east-west with one road between them; 5x4/5x7/5x10/5x13 for north-south with two roads between them).

Some new kind of building would be nice indeed, Courthouse or other. I would love some small inn (multiple models please) or something to place in each little market square, even if just decorative. The current tavern looks cool, but massive. And please more house models! The six we have now for stone houses are way too few. :D

slink

I've often wondered where they get the slate tiles for the roof on the stone houses, and why it burns so well.

salamander

Oil Shale --> Slate [still a little oil left] --> house [poof!]

slink

salamander

What can I say ... It's almost believable.  ;)

slink

Well, it explains this oil slick on the water in my tropical fish aquarium.  And here I thought my water company was supplying me with lousy water. (Note: We have our own well, and all of my aquariums have been dry for a good five years (and not because of oil slicks(but it was too good a line)).)

salamander

gatinho65

I admit I totally love the endless variety of Mayor Mode ploppables in SimCity. Yeah, they make the menus a total nightmare and can completely screw up your game with dependencies and all that, but it would be nice to have even a few options in the villages. Mostly I'd like to be able to plant a square or a few specific ones/area by a forester. Stone walls would be good, individual placement of fruit trees, since they seem to be the only real ornamental plantlife. Even tiny villages in many places in the world have little parks, gardens and decorated plant spaces, so having even just a few options would be nice. Or even just 1-2 decorative stone planters, or even just individual pots with flowers to place here and there near the houses or other buildings.

rkelly17

Yeah, @gatinho65, I would love something like the BSC park system in Banished. I fill my SC4 cities with those.

Kaldir

How about combining the wish for new crops with the wish for decorations? Mod a decorative flowerpot or little park that needs logs/stone and flowers to create, and make fields of for instance tulips that provide the flowers. They also make good trade export, and in real life grow fine in the current Banished climate.

Fields of flowers would look pretty good too:
http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-q4DKG9vFD8o/TY3CYVz3zFI/AAAAAAAALhs/Nf8CQm4DXsY/s1600/tulpenvelden.JPG

gatinho65

Yes, bulbs for trading, that would be wonderful.