News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Wild bees

Started by tanypredator, January 01, 2017, 07:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

Hey  :)

Good to see you back, and modding, too...!
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Nice addition to the forest.

To bad the forest will be cut down in late games.
I usually play as long as it feels OK. And it does with a lot of forest!

Looking forward to have these bees included in New Flora mod.

And why not ground-growing berries like blackberries and lingonberries?
Just a few billboards and nothing more. Disappears in winter?

tanypredator

Quote from: kid1293 on January 01, 2017, 10:14:46 AM
And why not ground-growing berries like blackberries and lingonberries?
Just a few billboards and nothing more. Disappears in winter?

I always try not to run into too many resource types. And how to distinguish these berries from original berries? Maybe, it can be done in the following way: to add these models as a variants of NaturalResourceBlueberry, and to change the model, name and picture of Blueberry into blue-and-red Berries. Only I'm not sure I can repeat the original basket model.

TheOtherMicheal

A really interesting idea!
Great to see you doing some more mods because your mods are really good enhancements, for example your flax/linen clothes mod is quite important for my earlier towns as I can never seem to get enough leather to make coats but I can usually get enough wild flax to keep everyone warm!
You always seem to find a niche that nobody else thought of  :)

QueryEverything

Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

Regarding the overpowered comment you wrote in the download section, I wouldn't worry about it :)  I work on the feeling that if my forester and gatherers are working their circle everyday then they would also be cultivating the native flora & fauna and producing more resources because of it.  However, if the gatherer was coming back with 500 honey & 20 berries then I would understand your concerns. :)

Also too, I may not touch a part of my map for 100yrs, so when I get there I would expect everything to be overrun.   

But, that's just me. 

I would love to see the honey work with other mead makers, or, have  XYZ infused honey.  For balms, toast etc...  Blueberry, raspberry, herbs, yummo. :)

Alas because I adore your current wild mods I will have to wait for the honey, but I will check back for when it's all incorporated.  I can't wait.  :D
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

tanypredator

New version of New Flora with Wild Bees included is ready.

I uploaded it in the comment to this mod: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=106

And repeat the link here: https://dl.orangedox.com/02OxbG3D8wk7uhSBI4

Abandoned

Wonderful, thanks for another great addition to New Flora

RedKetchup

a great very original idea :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

tanypredator

Thank you very much to everyone :)

RedKetchup, the ModKit mechanics is so limited, but I try to find any way to make something new. Anyway, you are much better in that :)

Tom Sawyer

Nice too see you again on WOB with a new mod @tanypredator. Clever idea to make bees by the tree animation! I also thought of bees and honey in the North. But it should be something seasonal or climate dependent and not really as a conventional food. More to produce mead. Your approach by a natural resource in the forest is interesting in this context. As far as I know in old times they used hollow trees in the woods to farm bees. Almost like in your mod. :)

chillzz

this mod is indeed wonderful! like the idea and the implementation of it :)

@tanypredator did i read somewhere you want to change the "wild" version into a regular,
so the resource 'honey' can be used by other mods using honey? if so, yes please!

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 05, 2017, 10:44:09 AM
As far as I know in old times they used hollow trees in the woods to farm bees. Almost like in your mod. :)
i think it's the other way around @Tom Sawyer ;) Bees naturally use hollow spaces like trees etc.
Humans just watched what brother bear was getting :P
support New Medieval Town development!
click here to donate via PayPal to RedKetchup

RedKetchup

now we need a WinnieThePooh.pkm :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

RED is this banished or fantasy land??? what u smoking?

QueryEverything

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 05, 2017, 02:36:20 PM
now we need a WinnieThePooh.pkm :)

Ooooooooo my, with a huge radius happiness, cos he brings so much joy :)
If people are concerned about happiness radius being over powered, please add an Eeyore :)

Quote from: chillzz on January 05, 2017, 02:04:03 PM
this mod is indeed wonderful! like the idea and the implementation of it :)

@tanypredator did i read somewhere you want to change the "wild" version into a regular,
so the resource 'honey' can be used by other mods using honey? if so, yes please!
+1

Forgot to  ask @tanypredator does this honey add to food or health, or both?

I love this little addon and get very excited when i see the bees :) :)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]