News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Most Out Of It

Started by Trizeropz, April 16, 2015, 07:59:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trizeropz

While i played at my 'King of the mountain' map i had the idea for the 'Most Out Of It' Challenge.
The goal is to get the most:

1: fisch from 4 fishermens/year
2: food from 4 gatherer/year
3: herbs from 2 herbalists/year
4. firewood from 1 woodcutter/year
5. ale from 1 brewer/year
6. cloth from 1 tailor/year
7. tools from 1 blacksmith/year
from ONE building!
every seed and map setting is allowed. no mods allowed!

i think something like this is very interesting because you can optimize very very much to get the most out of it. once i had a fishermen which produce 3000 fish/year but i didnt took a screenshot.
i will try for the best gatherer in my current map for 'king of the mountain' because i need a good gatherer anyway. hope someone join in ;)

current records:
fish:
food:
herbs:
firewood: @Nilla   1092
cloth: @irrelevant 218
ale: @Nilla  620
tools: @irrelevant 172

Trizeropz

i've added woodcutter and brewer. i dont know how i can optimize the brewer. he is directly near the market and the brewer live near the brewery, nevertheless i just have 100 ale/year.
here is my highest value of woodcutter i got:

Nilla

I have one old with ale. The values are very much different, without any understandable reason. As far as I know 620 is a high value for a brewery.

Trizeropz

i have overlooked all of my brewerys and found no one with over 200. what am i doing wrong?

they are everytime placed like on the screenshot. directly near a market. market has over 70%. and near the brewer are houses

Nilla

I can think of a couple of possible reason.

Do you have enough of the right fruit at the markets? Breweries need a lot of fruit. The brewers get 100 fruit at the time, if it's available. If there's less they must walk often (or far away) to get some and the productivity goes down.

Do you get rid of the produced alcohol? Ale is a bit special; it is not delivered to markets and barns, the people drink it at the tavern. If there is enough alcohol in the store, nothing new will be produced. The same if you sell the ale. In this case the traders get the ale at the breweries. If the traders are too busy, they might not be able to get everything and the productivity gets down.. This is the problem if you trade a lot of ale, especially in combination with other things. It seems like everything else is collected first. I have seen traders pass breweries full of ale to get 8(!) mushrooms.

These are the one I know at the moment. But breweries are strange. If you look at my picture. I cannot explain the difference .

Trizeropz

thanks. you helped me well, like everytime:)
first i do the fishermen and after i try a brewery. maybe tomorrow i can go on with the 'king of the mountain' challenge

irrelevant

@Trizeropz I know you don't have tailors (or smiths) as a category, but I never have seen an unmodded tailor produce anything close to this guy, 198 wool coats. I think you'd have to admit, he pretty much is optimally located  ;D

Trizeropz

Omg fuck yes. Thats what i would call optimization. But i only would call it perfect it you would use stone roads;D
I looked at my tailors and all i can find is a producation of 50/year:o
I will add tailors and smiths:)

irrelevant

Here's the top producers from Sink Mill this past year:

Tailor - 218
Smith - 172
Chopper - 968

None of the brewers beat 590

Nilla

Just found a really good woodcutter.