News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Food, food, food - or "The times could get worse, let´s hoard what we can"

Started by Nilla, April 17, 2015, 05:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on May 02, 2015, 07:29:43 AM
@rkelly17  ;D I know, right? I'm thinking for this challenge there is no way to have "enough" barns. I'd already increased my barn density from normal somewhat too, but didn't go far enough. I think even doubling them up is not going to be enough.

I can hardly wait to see the result: A town with more barns than houses!

By the way, in case you aren't aware, Jesus told a story about a guy who over-built barns. Not a positive outcome.  ;D

RedKetchup

Quote from: rkelly17 on May 04, 2015, 07:40:41 AM
Quote from: irrelevant on May 02, 2015, 07:29:43 AM
@rkelly17  ;D I know, right? I'm thinking for this challenge there is no way to have "enough" barns. I'd already increased my barn density from normal somewhat too, but didn't go far enough. I think even doubling them up is not going to be enough.

I can hardly wait to see the result: A town with more barns than houses!

By the way, in case you aren't aware, Jesus told a story about a guy who over-built barns. Not a positive outcome.  ;D

this is why my markets are there :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Year 30

Didn't quite make it. Concentrated too hard on maxxing out year 10, took me several years to get back on track.

Barns 132, houses 84. Farms 75. Food 504,070.

The only reason I can think of to go on with this, would be to see how long it takes to reach 1,000,000 food. Before year 50, for sure.

Nilla

I'm surprised that you didn't get more than me at year 30. You had more at the beginning, and produce more in year 30. As you say; I suppose you had some bad years in between.

This shows you other players (if you don't mind building a lot of barns); You could get 600 000 food or more in 30 years. Make like @irrelevant at the beginning and at the end and like me in between.   ;)

Maybe someone wants to try it with trade. I'm not so sure that it will bring much more, at least not the first 10 years, maybe to 30. I would very much like to see it.

We are waiting for your attempts.