News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 2:Elnor

Started by brads3, July 12, 2018, 06:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

cause i lstened to you say having ale matters to the happiness alot, the radius circles i can live without. i have tried a few things to see what would happen to the happiness.added a church with no medic,added medic with no church,etc.so far not much affect.they either have 3 stars or 5 stars.i just report what i see. don't even have an opinion yet.

glad you are feeling better and can move around.

brads3

YEAR 32-33

in spring,there are extra workers still so cleanup begins at the port royal fort.i do need to see to run roads.a mill,bakery, market,school,church,and a fishing pier will go inside the fort.though easier to build,some of these buildings are on hold. the bakery and mill will wait for wheat or oats.a pine forest will be needed to supply the blacksmith and furnace. 1 drawback to the blacksmith tool mod is it doesn't override all blacksmiths. since half their workers have nothing to do,they can work as builders and laborers.in time i can expand and build sherbrooke and work north for the maple and pine forests.

to increase logs,the workers have cut a lot of trees near the CC fort.

pic 1:PR workshops tailor,blacksmith,smelter,bakery,school,lumber cutter and storages.
pic 2: PR mill and church

embx61

@brads3

The quarry and a couple of other buildings I missed the circle.
I was missing to put the the code into the UI part of the Template file.

How it works is like this.
No radius code at all is no circle/radius value at all.
With radius set but not the circle material you have the radius but no circle to see so a bit hard for players to judge the circle.
With radius set and the material you only see the circle if you want to place the building.
After placement no more circle to see. (I had this in a view of my buildings because I missed adding the code to the UI section.
With radius set and the material and also put 1 line of code under the UI segment of the template file you see the circle when placing but also if selecting the building.

I fixed it for all the buildings what need a circle.
The resort and quarry does not matter. They each have a separate template file so the circles will not interfere.

As it is not game breaking at all I will wait a couple of days to find out if there are any other bugs/mistakes I have to fix before uploading new versions so all the circles are shown for the buildings which need it.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

good explanation. so if a modder deleted the radius lines,the building would have no affect at all? where as they could delete part of the code and turn off just the circle but not the effects.

embx61

Yes, if the radius is set, for example radius is 30 then it works but without the show circle material code the circle will not show.
As I said before some players thought in certain buildings the circle a bit overkill, mainly churches, and trade ports I think so the circle material line was commented out but the radius was still used.

Lots of buildings not need radius at all, like town hall, houses, blacksmith etc because they have no happiness effect.
Hospital have a radius too but was commented out together with the happiness code in some mods because all those idling bannies around the hospital spread the disease faster.

brads3

YEAR 34

as corn is now over 5000,a worker was sent to feed the stables.as the stable was turned on the game crashed. 1st replay the last 2 yrs.then check and the stables does store corn.next step is to continuously save this until the stables produces or crashes.it uses the corn but can not output a domestic animal.debug checking the inventory also shows no domestic animals. i'll make notes and try to adjust mods to fix.with the stable disabled,the crash stops happening.this does stop the animal pens from sherbrooke as they require the DA's to be built.

the population shows there are more graduates and 6 houses are needed.a tiny mine to bring in iron will be built and another field cleared.slowly, i want to work east to set forests.land in that section can be cleared for logs and stone.since we have the workers,a building material trader from the RH set will be added near the mouth of the river to the CC fort.a candle maker can begin work in the production zone.we can ship gold and silver coins and take building supply and hopefully firewood in.

with the 2 churches enabled, happiness climbed half a star.food increased to +7000 more than used.the happiest are the indians.the farm center has a lot of the educated farmers.they show 3 stars. so far education matters more than happiness.

pic 1:tiny iron mine
pic 2: CC fort hoiusing boom
pic 3:yr 35 stats

brads3

YEAR 35-36

now that the CC fort and mining is working well,i'll head back north to build the trading post for port royal and move a field.a small group of 10 nomads will join them.8 adults and 2 children.they are forest workers and gatherers.to build sherbrooke ,they will need the logs for lumber.

a maple forest and vanilla will be worked.i want to see how the FLORA mod works with the forests.a bee seeker and new plant gatherer will be built with the pine hunter.the FLORA workplaces will cover both forests.colorful cabins and storage should keep them happy.
       in fall i sent the workers to clear around the production area. this keeps the farmers close to their fields so they won't get too lost.plus with it close by, they do get everything moved quickly.the traders took in  firewood and barley,onion,blueberry, and grape seed.

while the work for the foresters went on,iron built up.there is enough to finish digging the multi quarry. the laborers will concentrate on getting more trees cut and increase the log count.with trading ,we took in enough materials to build the fort quarter master.several houses are completed and a mill.the fort can start processing hardtack for its workers.the pace has picked up. 

pic 1:maple forest and hunter
pic 2: flora gatherer and bee seeker
pic 3: quarter master
pic 4: CC fort bakery and a mill

brads3

YEAR 37

ok i don't normally make mod changes in mid-game,but had to here.1 was an add and 1 was a mod order mistake.doing it now before building from the mod worked.hopefully it doesn't crash later from it.i think it should work since there wasn't anything from the impacted mods built.

some might get confused by moving from the Port Royal fort back to CC. as long as i don't overplay it in winter and get the farmers lost, it isn't that bad. it does give time for materials to build up like iron and logs.plus the population in each area has to grow before more can be done.

once the houses are completed at the CC fort,it will be stable again.they gained the quartermaster.mill,bakery,and the jam shop are enabled.work is needed back north to the PR forest.
       the Flora gatherers collect those items but not others. so they leave a lot of food on the ground. in testing so far,Necora's gatherers will collect the most variety of items. will they collect the Flora items with his mod patches? to test this i will send builders to build a maple gatherer in the maple forest and swap the new plant Flora gatherer over.

there is a concern with adding multiple mods that add different items to the ground. there is a limited amount of space.the more variety of items there are the less of each that can be spawned. in general this will cause less of any one particular item. say you want blueberries,with adding more items there wuill be less blueberry than a vanilla map.with the flora mod adding rose and wild oats,each time they are collected is 1 time the other items is not. the problem is not all gatherers will collect all items.if a gatherers doesn't collect the pine or flora items then those are left on the ground.the overall production total will be less.this applies to the spawning of grass,firewood,etc as well as food.each tile that can only spawn 1 item.
         each player has to experiment to find the balance that works for them. i can say so far from playing and trying different things. the pine gatherers do find more items both in variety and total production.onions are produced more than other items.not all forests will spawn the same  items.there seems to be a greater chance of spawning certain items related to the forester used. however, i did make major changes to mods for this map. the Nat Div is disabled and Flora added.so far i know these changes affect KID's gatherers.his mods,  or at least some of them,do pick up the flora items. i also se no firewood scattered about.RED is already adjusting and changing how things will be spawned in newer versions of the RK.

WOW,this nomad well pulls 32.big jump again. i saved this and ran it for a while to see if the mini TH would pull a smaller group. that didn't happen so i reloaded before the nomad well to see if it will give a smaller set.the well brings 29 nomads back.thess will work to expand above Port Royal.

this group is bigger than the barracks can hold.half will be homeless for a bit.fields,roads,and fields will be cleared.

pic 1: flora gathering and maple  outputs. these experimnets continue. lately the trapping items are overpowered even without a trapper

pic 2: sherbrooke start

embx61

Yeps, the more resources what spawn are added the more the system will have to do with less and less of each spawn item.
There are only so many squares on a map.

Maybe it is not so bad after all that mostly mods what generate spawn items are not really compatible when running all together.  ;)   :D

brads3

yes and no. define compatable? do you mean they all shouldn't spawn at the same time or that the gatherers pick them all up? there are so many options. what i find is most mods don't stop another from spawning.firewood is 1 exception. the main conflicts are the gatherers.each collects different items with some overlapping and collecting from 2 or more  mods.some gatherers are very specific.

over time and different maps ,i have figured out that the pine vanilla cache collects the most variety.therefore, it collects the most items per year in general.as in RL,not everything grows everywhere. a KID forest with its gatherer will collect from the flora mod.hence the ouputs will be close to the pine gatherer totals.the meadows will allow firewood to spawn.

be advised my notes are this prior to this map. the flora mod has not been fully tested.RED has made more adjustments going forward as well.
RED's RK and the NAT DIV can't be used together without shutting down the wild animals.however,RED incorporated the ND into the RK.the only difference should be the grass is fodder-thatch and textured different than the thatch.it also changes how it is burned by houses.thefood  plants should be the same.so most of the items from the various mods will spawn.combined they add another dimention to the game.

i have tried to keep the spawning mods in the same order from map to map.there has been some tweaking of adding a mod or changing 1 for another.  if i started chainging the orders,we would send the bannies into totally unknown worlds.

so actually the mods are more compatable than not.most items do spawn together. the gatherers don't all act the same.in RL not all forests would be the same.nor are they in the game.

embx61

Ah, I see.
You can see I hardly play anymore but thought that also more mods with spawning resources had (some?) problems running together :)
But i understand it is more a gatherer issue.
It is good then that it works better then I expected.

brads3

yep,i do understand modders don't play much. that is 1 reason i play this way to see how the mods interact, these blogs should help give feedback for that too. BARTENDER changed how some plants spawn.not all are connected to trees. RED is changing it also in newer versions.hopefully those changes will slow down the textiles. 

RedKetchup

the gatherer list of item that can be pickup is set in the building code, not it the gatherer profession code. so you cannot add to it .
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

GM,RED. i understand you are changing how some spawn.some spawn from trees and some from fodder.i haven't compared your change list with BT's yet.it will be fun to test those changes and see what affects it has.

i don't understand what you mean by "cannot add to it".do you mean each gatherer is suppose to gather specific and can't gather the items of a different mod?

brads3

YEAR 38-39

a fishing pier is built and more houses.a grape orchard is planted.work has started on a pasture.by wintwer there is enough logs and firewood for lumber to be cut.iron is over 100,so the CC fort blacksmith can start making muskets.finally the barracks is empty and everyone is moved to Sherbrooke.they need a town center and some city service buildings.then they can be left to grow the population.

to further test the flora items,a KID tiny gatherer will be added to cover the vanilla forest.i don't expect any other gatherer will collect the maple sap.so 2 gatherers will be needed to work these forests. which 1 will collect the most?

EB's rock quarry will keep the extra workers busy as well as increase stone.a townhall and school will be built.a granny park will keep the children happy.a nordic wharehouse to store the stone will set well with the colorful houses.since we have the logs,the fort walls and towers are completed.the empty squares wil stop bannies from walking thru the walls.they also have goats in their pasture.

phase 3 is stable for now.

pic 1:PR north walls
pic 2: sherbrooke center. TH,school,and EB's quarry