News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

twenty things to all modders

Started by common, July 10, 2014, 07:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

common

I have posted this on SRS site but saw this website and i would also like to post this here

speaking strictly as a user of the mods you, the community create i would like to share some things.
I made of list of mods that I would LOVE to see someone do. If anyone one of you feels like its a good idea please do so because this game has the potential to be one of the best if not THE best city sim. games ever.

1. Faster mode of transport between markets
2. Ability to micromanage/assign what gets stored or what gets picked up from barns and markets.
3. Of course all the missing farming and town abilities of that time (horse drawn carts, tools, buildings )
4. More buildings, i feel very fast that i run out of things to build.
5. Props, fences, statues ....
6. More jobs, different types of citizens.
7. Crime, criminals, police ( spread of crime and the culling of it )
8. Entertainment ( happiness factor ) eg: witchcraft (crime) = burning at stake (police/punishment...entertainment )
9. More government tiers.
10. Water as a resource (cleaning of water as a factor)
11. Ability to name streets,districts ( street signs )
12. Combat ( army, weaponry...random attacks by nomads )
-Food could be used as army upkeep resource
13. Wild, tamable horses, dogs...even birds (entertainment)
14. Mayor/king or other top governing position
15. Bigger maps, maps with less hills/mountains.
16. Multiplayer (only works if we have a great community that can organize servers since not all of us (me) have someone we know that we can play with, or more than one person.
18. More food options and how it affects populations (a diet of purely sweet stuff makes population over time lazy and not fit for physical work....low production.
19. (one of my favorites) The ability to do a little terraforming in game. I am not talking about god tools to shape land, but the ability to be able to adjust little patches of land to fit a building or road there. We all had that little corner of our town that we just could not fit that building there because of one red square. Maybe a new build option where we lay out a road or place a building that normally would not be able to be placed. This could also lead to a new job description ( something where people come and flatten out a land etc...)
20. This i suggested in another post but i guess it fits here also. The ability to drag all the stat windows over to a second monitor ( maybe in windows mode). If one could just move them there and be able to track them and having the main town picture unobstructed i think would be beautiful.

I'm sure there are other things people with think of, and I'm sure not all of these ideas here are great but i figured here is my chance to add something to the game once modding becomes an option, since I can't mod myself.

RedKetchup

there are some great ideas in that list . but some we wont be able to make. Luke (SRS developper) specifictly said we wont be able to change citizens AI nor we wont able to put crime and wars.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Bobbi

I like most of these ideas, but not 7, 8 and 12. Not wanting combat or crime, although if introduced as a mod I could simply not use that mod  ;)

irrelevant

I'm with you, @Bobbi. If I wanted combat, I'd play CivII.  ;) But I know there's plenty folks who wish for this. More power to 'em, so long as I can opt out. And Luke's made it pretty clear we'll always be able to.

Paeng

I'm not really keen on armies, police or any 'government' structures... but as long as they are optional, I don't mind ;-)

What I'd really like is #20 - being able to drag all the little windows over to my second monitor has been high up on my wishlist as well...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Biginuf

I really like ideas #4,5,6, and also being able to assign laborers to raise or lower terrain would be interesting.