News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Kaldir: Lowellion

Started by Kaldir, June 05, 2014, 03:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaldir

Final update for this town, I think. Lowellion is doing pretty well. So good actually, that it's getting boring. Food storage is at 300k because I have it capped there, going down to 270k just before harvest, with another 150k+ in trading posts. I bought so much stone, iron and coal (the only resources the town doesn't provide itself) previously that I mostly ignore the merchants for now, apart from selling mushrooms. Everyone has a warm coat, steel tool and a stone house filled with a good variety of food. Everyone was educated in one of the ten schools and is a member of one of the five chapels.

The town had a slight decrease in population a few years back. The amount of laborers went back from 80 to under 40, before going up again. I now have over 100 laborers. I have 10 markets, with 4 more built but not in use yet. Still plenty of room for expansion, but it feels too much like routine and not very challenging. Wherever I issue build orders, it gets done (eventually) without any casualties. Someone might get hungry or cold now and then, but they always manage to get to safety in time. I haven't seen any death by starvation or freezing. This is beta version 1.0.3 by the way.

Guess it's time to start in a harsh climate with disasters on. :D

Here are the final stats for Lowellion, and some images of the different parts of town.

Bobbi

Your towns are so pretty. I can't wait to see what you do when somebody mods some beautification stuff.

Kaldir

Thanks, @Bobbi. And yes, give me the decorative objects, already. :D

RedKetchup

btw i saw someone on steam has made a football field ... it was awesome
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Kaldir

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 25, 2014, 11:54:31 AM
btw i saw someone on steam has made a football field ... it was awesome

Got a link for that?

RedKetchup

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/796315595996533886/0176C45E127B055FA8DA74526A81CE7EDB7CC5FF/

sorry i meant a soccer field. canadians always mess up football and soccer since we touch the ball only with your foot ^^
:)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Kaldir

Quote from: RedKetchup on June 27, 2014, 01:46:30 PM
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/796315595996533886/0176C45E127B055FA8DA74526A81CE7EDB7CC5FF/

sorry i meant a soccer field. canadians always mess up football and soccer since we touch the ball only with your foot ^^
:)

Looks nice, that one. :)

In many languages, including my native one, soccer is called 'foot-ball'. So I actually assumed you meant that.

You made me wonder now though, if socker used to be played without shoes. 8)

irrelevant