News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Industry Mining - BETAv.05

Started by Discrepancy, July 05, 2019, 07:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Indeed, I think you´re right that the game might be unplayable if you increase the possibilities of getting a disease too much. Not only at the beginning of a game, but also when a settlement grows and you want to build dense. These are the outbreaks in one of my latest towns. It´s a very dense settlement with a lot of trading ports, blogged here;http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3039.msg61117#msg61117

QuoteRemember the tornado happened in the early autumn year 53. It´s now late summer 58; less than 5 years. The settlement has suffered following outbreaks.
And remember there was a massive outbreak of Typhus as the tornado struck the settlement.

Measles (~3 infected)
Typhus >1000
Tuberculosis ~5
Small Pox 1
Scarlet Fever 1
Typhus >1000
Mumps 1
Typhus 4
Small Pox presently 95 (if I go on playing it will be >1000 and many 100 deaths)

Maybe it will be enough with more diseases to make the game harder. Anyway, whatever you come up with; I will be happy to test it.

moonbelf

@Discrepancy @Nilla  Thanks for the encouragement and kind words you two :) For now I've abandoned the original game. It's a fail. I see that @Discrepancy is working on some edits so I'll wait to start another one.

irrelevant

Quote from: Nilla on July 09, 2019, 12:02:23 AM
Indeed, I think you´re right that the game might be unplayable if you increase the possibilities of getting a disease too much. Not only at the beginning of a game, but also when a settlement grows and you want to build dense. These are the outbreaks in one of my latest towns. It´s a very dense settlement with a lot of trading ports, blogged here;http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=3039.msg61117#msg61117

QuoteRemember the tornado happened in the early autumn year 53. It´s now late summer 58; less than 5 years. The settlement has suffered following outbreaks.
And remember there was a massive outbreak of Typhus as the tornado struck the settlement.

Measles (~3 infected)
Typhus >1000
Tuberculosis ~5
Small Pox 1
Scarlet Fever 1
Typhus >1000
Mumps 1
Typhus 4
Small Pox presently 95 (if I go on playing it will be >1000 and many 100 deaths)

Maybe it will be enough with more diseases to make the game harder. Anyway, whatever you come up with; I will be happy to test it.
Interesting that you had two smallpox outbreaks in 58 years, that's harsh. @Discrepancy I'd be interested to see the modded numbers behind the diseases. I'm just curious to see how much they differ from vanilla:

Disease         Transmission Acquire "1 in" Percent
Name         Time Chance Radius Chance Death Death
Influenza 0.25 0.6 8 100 50 2
Mumps         0.25 0.5 8 90 35 3
Diptheria 0.25 0.55 8 80 80 1
Dysentary 0.25 0.55 8 80 25 4
Yellow Fever 0.25 0.65 8 60 20 5
Scarlet Fever 0.25 0.7 8 50 15 7
Typhus         0.25 0.75 8 40 12 8
Measles         0.25 0.75 8 30 10 10
Tuberculosis 0.25 0.8 8 20 8 13
Smallpox 0.25 0.85 8 10 5 20
Cholera         0.25 0.9 12 5 4 25
Plague         0.25 0.85 12 1 3 33

[/quote]

Nilla

It wasn´t 58 years @irrelevant, it was less than 5 years!!!!!

irrelevant

Nilla

Sorry, I found a weird bug.

I´ve built the industrial market and was wondering why it took so long to fill it. I thought maybe a no hart vendor is working too bad, so I decided to follow the vendor. She just had collected some tools. She went to the market but couldn´t deliver them. She went away, dragging her wagon behind her, still carrying the tools to the next store where she put the tools. After a brief visit at home(!) to grab something to eat, she went to the same store again, put the same tools in her barrow and went to the industrial market again. I suppose she can´t deliver them this time either.

I also had 2 crashes. I will see if I can repeat them to find out more.

irrelevant

I had that happen to me once years ago using a market from Slink's small markets v1. The vendor got stuck carrying the same load of stuff, fruit I think, from a barn to the market, from the market to the barn, and on and on.

I don't recall what the problem was exactly but I wound up deleting the market, downloading a revision of the mod, and rebuilding it. What she did to fix it I have no idea. THere probably is a discussion about it on this board somewhere....

Discrepancy

updated to BETAv.02

A week later and back with an update. I set myself a deadline and stuck to it. It was not easy, and only by chance have I been able to keep to it.

The new update isn't big on new additions, just one new building; the Worker's Construction Yard. The building hires 1-2 Workers who will randomly produce a variety of 'advanced construction resources (Timber, Iron Fittings, Bricks, Roof-tiles, Lime and Glass).
I added spawned deposits of Clay and Sand to the map. Was very much a test, but have decided to keep it in for now.
A lot of alterations, fixes and changes. Added missing diseases and health/happiness changes, water furnace build models.

Balancing is still ongoing, and as such I decided not to update the values in the Info panels this update. With changes still likely to occur I didn't want to be bogged down by that time-consuming task at this stage.

I thank everyone who has given suggestions and reported bugs (@Nilla), please keep them coming in.

I apologize that this is not a save-game compatible update.

Change Log:
BETAv.02 - beta update: fixes and minor update   -- 20190712  | .zip = 122mb (125,794kb)   .pkm = 207mb (212,680kb)
        - enabled the new illnesses and diseases, made changes to the existing, this was incorrectly disabled in previous version.
        - lessened the unhealthy and happiness levels, this should slightly improve the work efficiency with poor food diversity.
        - meanwhile I have increased the max. required food diversity.
        - slight improvements (closer to standard) to the random disease chance within citizen file.
        - lessened the depressed level in relation to the unhappy and happy level, was 15% of happy level, now: d=10%,u=20%, h=100%
        - increased the medicine (herb) effectiveness.
        - increased the trade value of Iron Fittings to 3, increased the create count per cycle to 5/8.
        - increased the create count per cycle for Copper Ore, Iron Ore, and Tin Ore to 5/8.
        - increased the create count per cycle for Silver Ore to 3/5.
        - increased the create count per cycle for Coal to 5/6.
        - and reduced the weights of Copper Ore, Iron Ore and Tin Ore to 12 (from 25/30/25).
        - shortened the work time and work required by all of the mines - they are much faster now.
        - fixed inconsistent and too low total production output and speed of the 6x6 Clay and Sand Quarries.
        - increased the create count per cycle of Linseed to 13.
        - increased the create count per cycle of Tallow to 2/3.
        - increased the work time required by the Press Shed and Oil Kiln.
        - increased work time and reduced work required by the Glass Maker.
        - improved the Smith's Hearth particle flame.
        - added missing menu icon sprite for the Assayers Office.
        - added build models for the Water-powered Blast Furnace.
        - fixed issue of some items not being stored in Industrial Market.
        - made further alterations to the following standard (vanilla) game template files for the buildings:
            TradingPost, Market, Quarry, Herbalist, DoctorHouse, CutterYard, Chapel, Well, Tunnel, Tavern, IronMine
             most buildings received updates to radius and ui changes to display radius,
             Quarry had consumeproduce and storage updated to reflect usage of new stonemason tools,
             CutterYard had worker count increased to 2 workers but a slower speed penalty.
             Herbalist changes included increased worker count to 3 and the ability to now store Herbs.
             Tunnel received a change in build cost with the addition of 1 Candle per tile.
             IronMine now again makes Iron, but will have a cost of Logs, Candles and Charcoal to mine/smelter, with increased worktime penalty.
             IronMine cost of Coal extraction is Logs and Candles.
        - reduced the spawn chance (amount) of Copper Ore and Stone on a map.
        - added Clay and Sand deposits to the map.
        - added collect Clay and Sand buttons to the menu.
        - increased the create count per cycle of Sand to 8 for both uneducated and educated.
        - increased the create count per cycle of Clay to 5 for both uneducated and educated.
        - moved the Charcoal-piles menu out of 'Mineral, Ore & Raw material processing' menu and into the 'Firewood & Charcoal production' menu.
        - fixed incorrectly flagged resources in the Open-Top Up-Draft kiln.
        - added new building: Worker's Construction Yard.

Discrepancy

@irrelevant ,

these are the latest disease numbers using this mod:

Discrepancy

So I should probably warn everyone that now you will be hampered by diseases regularly. It is ideal to start construction of a Doctors House/Hospital quite soon.

Though more often than not the citizens will free themselves of the diseases or illnesses eventually and death is much less than standard game without a doctor, when ill they will idle in their homes and not work, so production will slow.

apart from the actual disease files above, other changes that are altering the chance and severity is within the citizen file:

// chance of disease, per year.
RandomSelection _diseaseChanceHealthy
{
float _years = 1;
float _population = 150;
}

RandomSelection _diseaseChanceUnhealthy
{
float _years = 1;
float _population = 80;
}

RandomSelection _diseaseChanceNomadTrade
{
float _years = 1;
float _population = 80;
}

// how long disease lasts in months +-
float _diseasePeriod = 0.3;
float _diseasePeriodTol = 0.2;

// how long immune to disease after recovering
float _immunityLength = 8.0f;

Nilla

Thank you, most of the changes look great! I will start a new game. I will probably not write about it on a daily basis. I have some private trouble; my husband and my mother are both in hospital; different hospitals far apart from each other and I spend a lot of time on the road. I will relax with a little Banished from time to time when I´m back home and also report larger bugs if I find any but the usual blog and the participation on this web page will have to wait until things are normal again.

Kristahfer

moonbelf

@Nilla I'm so sorry to hear about your husband and mother. May both improve very soon.

Discrepancy

Sorry to hear that @Nilla , my thoughts are with you. Hope they both make a speedy recovery and you are safe on your travels.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .