News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

Haha the music is great, RK.  Almost gives the game a "You're about to enter a thriller" feel. :P

Really excited to see where you go with all of this.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

RedKetchup

added 2 new crops : grains :)

Added Rye crop : Thanks to @Tom Sawyer  for the model and the files :)
Added Oat crop : Thanks to @kralyerg  for the model and the files :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

adelegarland

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 29, 2017, 08:59:35 AM
it will allow all the other mods play ok but.

you wont get the starting conditions of the other mods and stuff they add to the ground when you generate the map.

yes i am replacing all the vanilla buildings and offer tons of building inside the community toolbar,
but i also need to spawn copper ore and 3D grass on the ground when you generate the map. In order to get those, my mod will need to be on top of the list.
It sounds like I will be able to do away with some redundant mods then...  Nat Div, the ones that create the iron ore, grasses, what about the threshers and thatcher?...   Sounds like it will actually make things less complicated!  Yay!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

RedKetchup

Quote from: adelegarland on December 29, 2017, 01:25:20 PM
It sounds like I will be able to do away with some redundant mods then...  Nat Div, the ones that create the iron ore, grasses, what about the threshers and thatcher?...   Sounds like it will actually make things less complicated!  Yay!

my own mod will create iron ore with my texture.
it will also create grass with my own design.
when you will cut grass, you will get the same thatch resource as NatDiv :) only the name at your screen will have changed to "Thach-Fodder" because it will also be used to feed animals in stables.

Gatherer

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 29, 2017, 12:16:45 PM
added 2 new crops : grains :)

Added Rye crop : Thanks to @Tom Sawyer  for the model and the files :)
Added Oat crop : Thanks to @kralyerg  for the model and the files :)

Question: Is it possible for grain crop models (except corn) to overlap neighbouring tiles as your fodder model does?
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on December 29, 2017, 02:33:33 PM

Question: Is it possible for grain crop models (except corn) to overlap neighbouring tiles as your fodder model does?

only if you have the 3D model.fbx, no vanilla ones have been provided.

RedKetchup

Forester Lodge and Cutter Yard replaced :)

edit : herbalist done too

Discrepancy

RedKetchup

i decided at some point to put all housing + barns with the dark roof, and all the working buildings with the 2nd texture, the light one...

but i am finding about those forest buildings... they are less good as light to compare the dark one they had :P

Maldrick

Looks very nice, RK.  Especially like the chopper.  Some nice touches on that. :)
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on December 29, 2017, 09:57:27 PM
They look nice :) great work.
Quote from: Maldrick on December 29, 2017, 10:38:38 PM
Looks very nice, RK.  Especially like the chopper.  Some nice touches on that. :)

Maldrick

galensgranny

Quote from: RedKetchup on December 29, 2017, 10:20:21 PM
i decided at some point to put all housing + barns with the dark roof, and all the working buildings with the 2nd texture, the light one...

but i am finding about those forest buildings... they are less good as light to compare the dark one they had :P

Maybe make all the building have a choice of both light and dark roofs?

kid1293

Quote from: galensgranny on December 29, 2017, 11:53:21 PM
Quote from: RedKetchup on December 29, 2017, 10:20:21 PM

Maybe make all the building have a choice of both light and dark roofs?

I second that! It is a very good idea!
I know it is a lot of work to make it happen but then it is very versatile! :)

RedKetchup

maybe :P i ll see

i made hunter lodge. so....

so... i made the woodcutter, the forester, the herbalist, the gatherer, and now hunter done
with my items from forester center mod  :)

i still have to make 2 that was done in that mod... a forest barn that can hold everything found in a forest (wood included) and the very important for this mod, the lumber mill
about the lumber mill and lumber material.... i was wondering since 2 weeks if .... i switch all the building requiring lumbers instead of log ?? it would add a big difficulty to the game 
:D

what do you think about that mechanic ?

i of course would need to make a very little and very very slow 'temporary" building that would turn logs into lumber (kinda a sawpit), very slowly, to allow maybe to have enough lumbers to maybe make an house... or more important , to make the "real" lumbermill which would require lumbers and stones to be build