News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maldrick

@RedKetchup Just realized while playing that neither of the markets stock anything production related, just the basic food, tools, clothes and fuel.  Thought I'd check to see if this was intentional.  Think you mentioned that you were going to be fleshing out the NMT stuff so we will eventually be getting the specialized markets?

My layout was based around having production supported by markets so I'm going to bag this one.  Couple of other things I'd like to do differently too.  Thinking I might add EB's Materials Store for the next one as a workaround.

Just thought I'd ask what you had planned for this.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Maldrick

Oh, also, wanted to note that Silver Ore and Gold Ore are going in Construction stockpiles rather than Minerals.

Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for that. :)
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

Hawk

Quote from: galensgranny on January 19, 2018, 08:04:07 AM
Hawk, maybe you will be able to play Banished on your Dell computer.

I have considered giving that a try, but even if the Dell will run Banished, it most assuredly won't run The Long Dark, and I like that game too.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

RedKetchup

the market is intentional, they only store what bannies need for their home and their life quality. it will be eventually some industrial markets.
about ore, gonna go check in an hour or 2... i am presently in the design of the open sky mines. i asked the meshes to CC and i am taking them as base for my meshes. i redraw them completly, but the CC ones are my model. they will look very similar, although they will have around 18% of original polygons.

while at it, i have a question.

i want to do 3 mines. and we have : Iron, Copper, Coal, Stone, and other rare minerals like Gold, Silver and Gems. the rare ones will only go in a total random 3rd mine which will have all those names. but i need help for the 2 first ones:

iron, copper, coal and stones. i need to pair them by 2. do i put coal with iron ? and copper with rocks ? or i do other combinations ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Maldrick

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 19, 2018, 06:39:17 PM

the market is intentional, they only store what bannies need for their home and their life quality. it will be eventually some industrial markets.

Cool, cool.  Thank you.  Just thought I'd ask about that.  I'll load EB's Materials Store for the next one.

Quote from: RedKetchup on January 19, 2018, 06:39:17 PM

i want to do 3 mines. and we have : Iron, Copper, Coal, Stone, and other rare minerals like Gold, Silver and Gems. the rare ones will only go in a total random 3rd mine which will have all those names. but i need help for the 2 first ones:

iron, copper, coal and stones. i need to pair them by 2. do i put coal with iron ? and copper with rocks ? or i do other combinations ?

Ya, I see your dilemma.  It could go any way, really, depending on personal preference.  On one hand, it would seem logical to keep the metals together and coal / stone in the other.  But then, iron / coal traditionally go together in the game so people might expect that.  Or there could be some realistic geological thing that makes more sense with either of those combos or a different one, but couldn't really say.  Not really sure, honestly.  I'd be interested in hearing what others have to say about it.

It's great you are using the flat mines.  Always thought those were cool in CC.  Interested to see what you do with them.

RedKetchup

yeah thats a dilemna, and i need answers/thought soon since i tend to put on the mesh what you should get ( for example, there are sand buckets on the sand pit, there is clay buckets in the clay pit...)
so if it is a Iron/copper mine... i need to put iron ore and copper ore on the mesh. and put stones on the stone mine ^^

the mesh created isnt finished yet. i reproduced the CC open mine but i need to personalize it to RK way of to do things :)
i added my traditional fence all around, and designing now the resources on the floor mesh so you can get a visual of what you are expecting of this mine :)

grammycat

I did some online research and iron ore and copper can be found together in some mines.  Also as a coal miner's granddaughter, I can tell you that stone and coal definitely go together-think of all the blasting of rock done to get at the coal veins.

RedKetchup

Quote from: grammycat on January 19, 2018, 09:02:21 PM
I did some online research and iron ore and copper can be found together in some mines.  Also as a coal miner's granddaughter, I can tell you that stone and coal definitely go together-think of all the blasting of rock done to get at the coal veins.

Cool  8)  8)  8)

Maldrick

Hawk

@RedKetchup - I managed to get Banished installed on my Internet computer. It doesn't run as well as it did on the gaming machine, but it does run.

I built a few of the 3 story houses and noticed the builders were taking a long time to build one of the stories. Checking the build window could explain why (see the attached screenshot). You should check the 3rd story build cycle settings.  ;)
I do apologize but I don't remember exactly which one it was.  :-[
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

Hawk

I went back and figured out which one it was.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

RedKetchup

Woah ! thanks you !

thats kind of typo errors i love my beta testers find  :o ;D

yes it was written 540. was 50 and i selected the 5 to replace by a 4 ... but it didnt worked out well ^^
very good finding :)

fixed, it will be in the next Beta :)
thanks you

Hawk

[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

The Pilgrim

I have only found two small issues so far. 1. In the inventory lists there is no icon for silver ore. 2. February was spelt wrong. Other than that the new mod is amazing. I absolutely love it.

RedKetchup

Quote from: The Pilgrim on January 21, 2018, 05:44:55 AM
I have only found two small issues so far. 1. In the inventory lists there is no icon for silver ore. 2. February was spelt wrong. Other than that the new mod is amazing. I absolutely love it.

Both fixed !!! THANKS YOU.

the Silver Ore icon was the small one in fault. Feb i really didnt know it needed a "r" there. i never did