News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Mountains with great Lake (map help)

Started by tuggistar, November 01, 2018, 06:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuggistar

Hi all. Sorry, I didn't know where to ask or here or in the partition Maps. There are many different mods for customising and creating different kinds of maps. But I was looking for one type of maps I specifically can not find.
DS has something similar, but still not, something the mountain map with a small lake where nothing you cannot really build.

I am interested in medium and large size map (very large maps to my computer not pulling). Where there are many mountains, but that it could still build in the mountains and a decent city, and  was Large or several Medium-Large lakes, To further and could build a large port town and city on the water.

All the cards that I tested it in games, there's no mountains as such as maps with Lakes or Mountains where the lakes are small, little mountains.

You can create a map or not. Or at least help me find such a map.

Texture and bump Texture maps I do not care what will happen, but if it is possible that the high mountain texture. To give the impression that the city and the Lake far and high in the mountains. Rush is not necessary.

tuggistar

I do not understand why to my request, yet who has nothing to answer. Or did I write something wrong? :( I want only a small mod to change the terrain map.

A mountain map with large lakes is still in my opinion not who created, maybe.

Maybe Bing translator translated something wrong.

brads3

no you didn't write anything wrong. did you check the blogs at CC? they have some maps with lakes. try them with a mountain setting.might get something close to what you want.the maps are random,not something modders can control much.  sometimes  a slight change to start settings can alter a map closer to what a player likes as well. if you see something close ,i would try that.  an RK map will be slightly different than a CC.when i change a map from lakes to mountains,the lakes go completely away on the codes i tried.

you can terraform the flat for the village and then use the road and field mods to repaint the ground.or even the riffle mod and add the lake.

tuggistar

Blogs CC has Very large maps with lakes, but as I said my PC is weak for Very large maps. In all the maps that I found in different forums there is one thing but, all flat, I like them, but such mountain maps unfortunately not found. And how to create a lake with the Help (riffle MoD) I just did not understand how.

tuggistar

For me flat Maps too simple and not interesting. There is no call in the game banished.

And everywhere try to do Maps all the time too flat.

smurphys7

I have some pictures of playing with RK Editor's choice on a very "mountainous" for Banished Map.  Let me know how close these pictures are to what you are looking for.

Link to imgur album

I'm mostly trying to understand precisely what you want.  Banished requires you to build on flat ground so hilly/mountainous terrain is tough.

tuggistar

In some older mods on the maps I noticed that as you can control the lakes and mountains on maps. As it was I don't know. What are the mods I don't remember.
Just too flat and a flat map in Banished, anyone can build a good city.

There are only 4 images smurphys7. I want to find a mountain map with medium or large size lakes.

brads3

http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1700.msg33195#msg33195

Necora's riffle mod takes some getting used to but allows you to terraform at less degrees. instead of a full tile depth,you have choices to a .25 depth it also has water to place over the holes.

just cause a map is shown and was a very large doesn't mean you can't try it as a medium or large.

RedKetchup

we are 3 modders here. Embx, Kid and Me. there is Tom who is living in his own world, DS who didnt log on since september.
CC crew disapeared long time ago.

when someone do a request, or me, or kid, or embx need to faulfill it. what if we are maybe in middle of something, or in middle of a break ?
you need to be patient and remind us.

maybe help us too ?
here what is looking mountains file (mountain.rsc is the vanilla one) i let my peak mountain file too and you can see the changes i did.
surf through the lines and tell us what should been made differently.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

TheOtherMicheal

@tuggistar
This thread on a Russian website for Banished is about map seeds. Some of the maps may be useful for you. Some of them use CC Very Large size but most of them are Large.
The post made by Aram Arutyunyan on April 13, 2016 at 7:39am is the post that is probably most useful for you because the seeds are all for Valley terrain with Large size.
https://vk.com/topic-30167063_33884214

Or if you don't want to go to that website, this is the picture from the post I am specifically talking about

kid1293

I could not resist giving it a go. :)
Here is a Mountain Lake map.

Link to mod further down

tuggistar

kid1293 Thanks for the MoD. I checked on a small, medium and large map. Map turned out good thanks. :) But on large maps closer to the top of the map there is no texture of water in the lake, instead of water there is a dark blue recess instead of water. Or I have it so on my PC.

kid1293

Hmm. I only checked small and medium. I also have that dark blue on large. Never seen it before.
I will check tomorrow.

Anyone reading this knows why water turns dark on half of the map?

brads3

sounds like the water table texture is not stretching with your modded terrain. that leaves dark sections in some maps. not sure if it can be solved in the coding either.maps are so random.a solution would be a texture that matches the map's water to make our own water. Necora made water but the texture won't match.RED's canal water is a better match if you don't turn it pink. we do wish LUKE had stretched the water tables on all maps. good luck finding a code line to do that.

kid1293

I will change some numbers. Lakes are actually very large. That large is maybe not needed.