News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Is Vanilla your taste?

Started by kid1293, July 13, 2018, 09:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

you made so many,i need a folder inside the mod order to put them all in.be easier to move them all that way.

kid1293

I know what you mean. It is a lot of small mods. I have backups  on several places of all I do.
When they are not in sync - there goes the weekend.

I want it that way. I never liked mega mod and other too big mods.
In a way they give freedom but they also limits what you can do.
You of all know that! :)

:) You dont have to use ALL my mods at the same time :)

brads3

i don't even have them ALL. i agree modulars works better than the MM way. gives players options on how to use them. plus some can't load a big file. each of your mods i am using, there is a piece or 2 that i do want or need even when i try not to use the mod. it is handy to have them in the toolbox just in case.   i found out last week that you added to the plantation set.

RedKetchup

hehe it is funny sometime  ;D

i do everything i can to make disappear the vanilla look....
and Kid do everything to make everything look vanilla LOL

;D
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

hahah,i think KID's is a rougher looking texture though. more weathered look. i do hope he rememebers to change the names so the comp doesn't confuse the 2.lol

Willows

I actually would like the vanilla thatch roof to be a more realistic, natural color meself. It's awfully "red". Examples:

Lifetime Goal: To be the Neighborhood Crazy Cat Lady.

Anyone play and/or mod RCT3? Please pm me! :)

Currently playing RCT3. Send me a pm if needed, I check in daily.

galensgranny

@Willows , Kid's Plimoth Plantation mod has buildings with that more brownish color thatch. http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=213

For me, I want the original Banished orangy kind of roofs.

kid1293

This one is Abandoned's idea. Slink made those small stackable houses and here
is my version of them. I am not friend with outside stairs (bannies jump up and down)
I solved it by making them half ghosted. They connect only through three roadtiles.
But be sure not to double-click when you place them. You will have two apartments
occupying the same location.

galensgranny

Those look nice.  I hope they can be placed side by side with no gap.

kid1293

Not too severe gap, I hope.

galensgranny

I was hoping they could be lined up against one another like townhouses.

elemental

Stackable is a very good idea, but wall to wall (gapless) always looks much better with this sort of building. Like your row houses, which are still one of my favourite house types.

I don't know what other buildings you have planned but some basics like a mill and bakery would be a good addition to the vanilla set. Also, your animal sheds.

kid1293

I already have mill and baker. (pictures)

I will make the animal shed match too (wood and thatch).
I include them here. I don't update originals.

About making cabins closer together. It is a lot of work  :(
I have those protruding roof edges. They will look funny if standing alone.
I will take a look but if it does not feel good you have to be content as it is.

kid1293

Also a hostel.
I plan for separating wood and stone in separate menus to be able to
change build requirements. A bit messy but it works better.

edit - I made a test and changed 'stackable rowhouse cabins'. Not to hard. I will do it.

galensgranny

Everything looks wonderful!  I do really like the stone walled, gray roofed look!
QuoteI made a test and changed 'stackable rowhouse cabins'. Not to hard. I will do it.
Thank you so much!   :) I was going to say if it was an annoying, difficult thing to forget about it, but I am glad it was not hard to do!