News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

BETA: MOD: Decorative Items Pack v 1.3 Beta - RedKetchup (fixed bug x2)

Started by RedKetchup, September 16, 2014, 09:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slink

assobanana76

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 18, 2014, 03:50:14 PM
keep in mind it is always "touched" to use an upgraded version with an old save. always preferable to do an extra save just in case.
explain "touched"... :/
overwrite? add in Windata like the old version?

user the 1.1 version don't work.. :,(

if you find grammatical errors have to be angry with GoogleTranslate! however, I am studying!!

RedKetchup

"touched' = risky, sensitive, delicate, tricky .....
to be taken with an eyebrow clamp ^^

you never know what can happends ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

rkelly17

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 19, 2014, 12:45:58 AM
"touched' = risky, sensitive, delicate, tricky .....
to be taken with an eyebrow clamp ^^

you never know what can happends ^^

My relatives from Oklahoma and Georgia would say someone was "teched (which I took as dialect for "touched") in the head" when they wanted to imply that the person was a bit crazy. Sort of like calling someone "kookie" or a "kook" in the late 50s and early 60s (after the character in the TV series 77 Sunset Strip). @RedKetchup, is your usage from Quebec French?

irrelevant

"Touched in the head" is also used in Indiana, where I'm from, except of course with Hoosiers they say "teched in the haid." ;)

Denis de la Rive

Hey guys I think he meant touchy, for many of us english is a second language. ;)

rkelly17

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on September 19, 2014, 08:12:42 AM
Hey guys I think he meant touchy, for many of us english is a second language. ;)

I know that @RedKetchup is a proud Francophone.  I wish that I could speak French as well as he does English. My grandkids, who are in French Immersion in school, think that I am more than a little bit out of it for my lack of French skills. The reason I brought up the "touched" and "tetched" difference is that I love language and wanted to understand how different languages express things. I remember how learning German many years ago (unfortunately all too rusty now) opened me to new ways of thinking about issues and new ways of understanding other cultures. I really admire those of you who use this board in your second (or third or fourth) language and wish that I had your ability in languages.

And having taught at the Masters and Doctoral level for 30 years I can tell you that many graduate students who are monolingual native speakers of English can't do as well as many of you can in the language.  :'(

rkelly17

Denis de la Rive

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 19, 2014, 10:30:50 AM
Quote from: Denis de la Rive on September 19, 2014, 08:12:42 AM

I know that @RedKetchup is a proud Francophone.  I wish that I could speak French as well as he does English. My grandkids, who are in French Immersion in school, think that I am more than a little bit out of it for my lack of French skills. The reason I brought up the "touched" and "tetched" difference is that I love language and wanted to understand how different languages express things. I remember how learning German many years ago (unfortunately all too rusty now) opened me to new ways of thinking about issues and new ways of understanding other cultures. I really admire those of you who use this board in your second (or third or fourth) language and wish that I had your ability in languages.

And having taught at the Masters and Doctoral level for 30 years I can tell you that many graduate students who are monolingual native speakers of English can't do as well as many of you can in the language.  :'(

Where we live, knowing the two languages are almost a must, I meant no offense with my comments. The discussion of different terms can be interesting since we are all friends here! :)

rkelly17

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on September 19, 2014, 12:12:19 PM
Where we live, knowing the two languages are almost a must, I meant no offense with my comments. The discussion of different terms can be interesting since we are all friends here! :)

No offense taken. Indeed, we are all friends and the more diversity the better.

RedKetchup

i kinda learned English by playing world of warcraft lol
and yes it is possible some 'english' word i use come from our Québec usage dict.

like English have some coming from us like : rendez-vous

RedKetchup

Quote from: rkelly17 on September 19, 2014, 11:42:17 AM
Beautiful stone fences, but a small glitch. I detailed it at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=455.msg6236#msg6236

gonna check that @rkelly17 : this is a thing we can only find by testing and testing, this is why we call that Beta ^^
for the 'visual' glich when you put a seedling : yeah i mentioned it in : Known bugs

JD

Since obviously you have an extreme talent for this, can I ask, could you make us some color for the game? Maybe the cherry trees are pink or something at the least? Love this game and am loving the mods, but the game seriously needs some color in it!

Thank you for all that you're doing!

Pangaea

Think the colours are fine really, mostly, but I'd love a new stone house that wasn't so butt ugly. It feels like a downgrade from the cosy look of the woodhouses.

RedKetchup

yeah agree the stone houses in the game are really ... too dull, dark grey, not colorful at all