News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing

Started by irrelevant, August 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

So this is the thread to post your impressions of this mod.

MarkAnthony

Permission to come aboard and post here too?   :D

I can always make my own thread too and we can just keep track of "Unread Posts" like normal to see what each of us are saying about Rise of the Pharaoh. I only say this because you are closer to Red than I am by far and you get a lot further along in your games than I do. Red would most likely and understandably be more interested in what you have to say so you wouldn't need me cluttering up your thread.

Anyhow, to what you last said... Yeah I too have a scarcity of trees even in the lower Nile region.
Sometimes it's the very people who no one imagines anything of
        who do the things no one can imagine.

irrelevant

This is the earliest I've ever had to start trading. I need tin ore, lumber (since there seems to be no way to make it, and you need it for a tailor), and logs. What I do have is fodder/thatch. Building a second chopper to make firewood for the TP. Fortunately the houses burn hardly any firewood. If things get really tight I can sell stone, the stuff is everywhere.

irrelevant

@MarkAnthony Hey, the more the merrier. Let's make it easy for @RedKetchup to read about our experience with his new stuff. Also, we can give each other any tips we learn.

btw, here are my starting conditions:

irrelevant

MarkAnthony

I think I just found my new profession - RockHound!  I'm gonna be rich!  :P

I'm still playing catch-up to you Irrelevant; I'm at the point where I too also see that the Blacksmith's UI window needs to be expanded.

I will take your cue as well and build a second Wood Cutter before I even get my other homes built so I can get a head-start on building a surplus of Fodder-Thatch to sell at a Trade Post and yeah I too got Stone everywhere so I'll start gathering that as well. Steady as she goes though so I don't get too far behind in building the rest of my homes.

I missed getting that second oldest child into school as well. So be it! The Egyptian Gods have spoken.  ::)

irrelevant

First trader brought cattle, can't afford to spend logs on a pasture.

Going to need a second barn soon. Again, logs. >:(

MarkAnthony

I unintentionally did things a little backwards. Sure, I got my 20x20 Pasture built but that was before I took a few moments to actually look at the map and I was like, "Hey... where are all of my trees at?!"   :P I don't even have a Forester built yet and I see you already have four employed there. I was more focused on that messy job of Pasture clearing and wondering if something was bugged because so much of the stuff was laying on the ground and not going into storage.

I guess my next task is to get that Forester up and running muy-pronto! I did at least get my School up and running; not even a minute after it was employed the third oldest child found his/her way to School. Then the next month four more decided to go, so I got lucky there.

brads3

irrelevant

Quote from: brads3 on August 24, 2019, 09:14:25 PM
you need good canals for water to gert those crop outputs.
Now that I've figured out how to manage it (huge field, one planter, two harvesters), the bean field is producing very well.

The "Holy merde!" comment was directed at the 8000TV meteorite rock in the TP :o

RedKetchup

hehe as i said... i was not sure if it was playable or not. but you huys insisted A ALOT ^^

so many changes can lead to serious problems :)
i did know that wouldnt be playable.

i saw many things in what you said in 2 threads ^^  and all the pictures you posted.
thanks a LOT!

tommorow i will re-read and check item by item and fix that. and answer more precisely.
for the thatch... for the moment, you can only make firewood. but they will become more as building materials. it will be required for some buildings, specially the ones you need to place in the wilderness and in the nature.
about heat and firewood. i want you to tell yourself that maybe now, a family still need a lot of wood for making dinners and suppers :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i only copied the RKEC list of crops and orchards. i will make some change in the future. like starting only with egyptian food, and not with things that can come from around the world. and it can be expansive to buy some seeds.

but yeah with your 8000tv item.... ^^ there are many places in the world those kind of things could be found. but a Pharaoh's blacksmith can use them to make weapon for a pharaoh with it. Even jewelry and artefacts can be made from this. and there are 2 place in the world we can find a lot more than everywhere else . antartica first , way ahead, and the saharah desert second.
it is very very rare.

yeah tin ore is too scarce. mine need to produce those too and copper cause once deplecated, cannot have more. and BS can only do those. i took out the iron recipes... i shouldnt have done.

Thats things you can only find by playing it. not just start and use debug and see if recipe works as intended.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

MarkAnthony

How big do you build your Crop Fields Irrelevant? Yours look roughly 20x20 maybe 25x25? My Corn fields are 11x11 with one Farmer each and they are getting 868 every season. Corn is doing well in this climate.

To borrow Irrelevant's French word, oh merde!  LOL :P I just looked and saw I have no Tools now, got no icons above heads yet I just saw the zero on Tools so I am at the start of my tool crisis. I really really don't want to waste Bronze on Tools but I guess I'll have too. Wait, never mind... thankfully Red allowed us to make Stone Tools. Thank goodness!

irrelevant

My bean field is 17x15. Crop growth stalls out right away because of the heat and lack of rain. I think beans only grow between 40F and 80F IIRC. Only in Autumn and Winter does the growth take off.

That is not how I grow beans in vanilla, for sure.

brads3

hmm court jesters,knights,and wizards.... oh my