Main Menu

RK Rise of the Pharaoh Beta 1 testing

Started by irrelevant, August 24, 2019, 07:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 30, 2019, 01:34:08 PM
the fodder grass seems to respawn well now
maybe i should lower the flowers though
I love the way they look, but I have 500 of them in each of two TPs. It depends on whether you will have a use for them or not. Don't change the cotton or flax, though.

I haven't noticed fodder/thatch respawning at all.

JM

After collecting almost all, the trees grow enormously and cover everything underneath them, even beyond the forester circuit. Small houses and other small objects surrounded by trees are difficult to see. The picture shows three more hidden beduin houses. If I didn't know they were there, I wouldn't find them. It might be worth trying to make vegetation less dense, at least in harsh climate.

RedKetchup

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Here's how you do your farming in this hot, arid landscape.

Image 1: We've got a pumpkin field here; it's Summer, and planting is complete. But look at the yield, compare with the yield of the corn field down below. Not promising at all. What's going on? Turns out that vanilla pumpkins will grow only if the temperature is between 40F and 80F, while vanilla corn grows between 45F and 95F. Be sure to have a look at this thread here in order to understand what to expect from different field crops: http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=353.0

You'll notice that I've fired this field's farmer. That's because once the crop is planted, nothing he does after that means anything until he starts harvesting. And harvesting is what we do not want him to do.

Image 2: by Late Summer the corn is progressing decently towards maturity, while the pumpkins have not budged at all. It's because the temperature has never dropped below 80F.

Image 3: here you see Early Autumn, and the corn harvest is under way. The pumpkins have ticked up a bit, but if you had left the farmer working there the harvest would be underway there as well, and you would get 100-200 pumpkins for your trouble.

Image 4: by Autumn the temperature has dropped and the pumpkins are starting to grow.

Image 5: Late Autumn, and now the pumpkins are ready. The corn harvest is done, sorry I didn't think to show the yield, but that field has produced over 1000 corn every year, year in year out.

Image 6: no sense messing around, put as many farmers in that field as you can spare from other jobs. Here I'm putting on 6 farmers....

Image 7: ....and in a jiffy they have brought in a full harvest. Now fire five of those farmers, and you are ready for next year.

Okiepat

I saw that chart and the one for the various temperature range for the climates early on when I was rooting through the various forums for tips. I now play with a Mediterranean Climate (no snow); all the plants will grow within its temperature range. I place 15x15 fields with two workers and have consistent yields of over 1500 per field, every year. If I don't have any projects going I turn off (on?) Pickup and have the laborers bring in the harvest. The first few years are slow because of the limited workforce (the first building I build is the school), but once the kids start becoming laborers, then the city starts to grow and take shape. Once I'm better at the game I may try different settings but for now, this works for me.

RedKetchup

i will probably have to edit those range numbers to make it work better. i know that supposely too hot but ... citizens still need to eat.

JM

1. Snow!
2. Jungle eats my settlement :)

Vegetation is very FPS-expensive. In the north-east corner of the map FPS drops from 25 to 5.

RedKetchup

irrelevant

Quote from: RedKetchup on August 31, 2019, 10:47:33 PM
i will probably have to edit those range numbers to make it work better. i know that supposely too hot but ... citizens still need to eat.
Well, I wouldn't really expect to find pumpkins growing in ancient Egypt anyway ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on September 01, 2019, 03:38:30 AM
Quote from: RedKetchup on August 31, 2019, 10:47:33 PM
Well, I wouldn't really expect to find pumpkins growing in ancient Egypt anyway ;)

when i ll be there, you wont start with pumpkins ^^

RedKetchup

thanks you. that is strange we get to 0 C...

the data for harsh =

// base range for temperature over the year
   float _baseTemperature = 80.0;
   float _temperatureRange = 30.0;
   float _temperatureTolerance = 6.0;

so range is 50F to 110F +-6F
not sure why you ve got to 32F(0C)

i can maybe add 5F and hoping it only go down to 37F ??

JM

I watched it, zero was there for quite a long time, tens of seconds at a speed of 10x and then the temperature went up. It did not fall below zero.
Could this be caused by another mod?

RedKetchup

Quote from: JM on September 01, 2019, 11:47:31 AM

Could this be caused by another mod?

only in 1 case, if that mod is ahead of the list, on top of RotP

Kristahfer

@JM , You show "NewDebug" in your ModManager listing. Out of curiosity where did you get that mod? I only have the "Debug"?