Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiscoke

my god , that looks beautifull! I very much like that light brick wall channel

embx61

The Canals are designed by RedKetchup. It is the NMT Canals Mod.
It is the fourth in his 8 different texture toolbar. The button had SB on it.
I mostly test with texture 4 as I like those as well :)

I just placed a bit of his Canals to show the ghosted pump what fits over his canals.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

wiscoke

lol I just find out it is from redketchup. I just spend hours to update my mods to 1.07.  I now have a total of 100 mods ;)

embx61

Released a BETA of the Natural Irrigation Channels :)

Still working to add a couple more deco items. Do some little tweaks here and there.

Paeng

Looking good... here just a couple of mood shots   ;)

Wow, so much stuff - it'll take a while and some play time to comment on items and toolbars...

What came first to my mind was to maybe put all the pumps, connectors etc. together on their own toolbar...?
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

I am glad you are liking it so far @Paeng :)

The screen shots are looking great :)

The Necora Riffles just add a lot to the whole scenes too :)

Oh Yes, that is a good idea to put all the pumps in their own toolbar beneath the main Natural irrigation one.

That saves 5 Icons :) Then I put the two NMT Canal ones there as well as they are not really ghosted anymore.
It is just a one tile placement and the rest is overhang. If it ever comes to pass we can give functions to the pumps at least they are ready for that.

You will while playing with it see what Icons I still miss and are doubles (Not too many though)

I think I need one main one as I use the same as the Below Ground one.

Currently redoing some stuff as to save 3 textures as I combined them to one, and so save 3 draw calls. :)

Then I have to redo a bit of the Above ground to fix that Reservoir AO bug and make the water the same color as the Natural set.
I also discovered that the Above ground are getting white in the winter so have to give the water part their own dedicated texture what avoids that.

Hope you find not that many bugs but please report them so I can fix them before the next release :)
I noticed some small stuff already like the stringtables entrees are not all accurate in what real building cost is in the Template files but I fixed that.

Add a bit more stuff later too. I am open to any suggestions what can be added as ghosted deco, but I don't want to go overboard as to keep the Mod around 30 meg max.

Maybe some benches, tree stumps, and some little fences?

Paeng

Quote from: embx61 on June 22, 2017, 10:50:27 AMI think I need one main one as I use the same as the Below Ground one.

You already have that -
embx-base-nature-set.png - that's for the "Nature" set toolbar.

It's in the june 18 pack...  :)

Anyway, we'll work it out in the next few days  ;)

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Ah I see.

I must have missed that Icon somehow but will include it in the next update :)

wiscoke

@embx61  tree stumps would be great, they could be a sort of bench.

Discrepancy has in his DS roads mod some edge border pieces. maybe you can create a border with little stones next to each other . would be great to fence off the flowers next to the channels

embx61

Couple of tree stumps is planned.

I think I will skip fences as to keep it as natural as possible as Paeng pointed out through PM.

If you mean the line between the soil and the vanilla grass then I can do that with ghosted very small rocks at random sizes in a row.
I will do a test with that to see if it looks okay.

The line between the water and the soil are the wooden beams.

embx61

Paeng came up with the idea to put the Connectors, pumps, Water collector, and the NMT pieces on their own Sub toolbar.

Not too many of those pieces are being build on a map so think it is a great idea as to make the main Natural Irrigation Toolbar smaller.

That saves 5 Icons  and I even thinking about throwing the 2 bridges in there as well. to save 7 Icons.

One Icon will be added to open that Sub toolbar so it saves 6 Icons which I think it will be more manageable.

elemental

I love the plants and rocks. Haven't had time to play with the rest. The plants could easily be a mod in themselves, sitting under a decorative items sub-menu on your mod toolbar. They can be used anywhere and aren't specifically related to the irrigation channels, and it seems a bit weird going into the production menu to find decorative items that don't have any game function.

A little row of stones would be great. It would be a good way to cover up the sharp line between your brown dirt and the ground texture. And again, it could be used anywhere, not just near the channels.

embx61

I agree about the deco can be on their own toolbar and Paeng suggested something along those lines as well.

I wanted to release a Beta first before changing the toolbar as to get as much as possible feedback

But I will add them to a separate deco toolbar in the next version.

elemental

Then you will have a place to put any other deco items that you make.  :)

Abandoned

@embx61 the set and deco items look very nice, I like those bridges.  No one can arrange mods on a map like @Paeng  :)