News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

are you going to go back and change the water textures to the other canals too?

embx61

If I have released this version and most players like the texture more then the real blue then I am going to change the texture to the other sets as well so they match.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

brads3

i'll want to test to see if it fixes my mini map.:)

embx61

Couple more hours to tie some lose ends up and I will upload a new version :)

brads3

don't hurry.NASCAR .race is on tonight.be tomorrow b4 i get to try it anyhow.

wiscoke

The old water texture gives a nice contrast with the old brown ground texture and the plants and flowers along the banks.  The new one is more realistic. I don't know which to choose. Maybe both water textures ? ;)

embx61

I like to give the players as much options as possible and the only thing what refrains me sometimes if the poly count or the size of the mod goes up too much.

Lots of times it is a balancing act between lots of details, more options, lots of F Key variants and try not let the poly count run up too much.

For another texture for water I have to copy the whole mesh again, assign the new water texture to all the pieces and copy and paste/rename many mesh and graphics files and it will add up in poly's. All the current poly's will be doubled for just one texture addon.

The whole mod with two variations textures for the banks is just over 12 megs. Not too bad for about 24 channel (With 6 F key variations for the 2x straight and 3 F Key variations for the 1x straight) and 12 Gutter pieces for a total of 45 pieces. But adding just another water texture will probably bring it up to 18 to 20 megs.

Then because of the two different banks colors I will have to do this twice and so the set becomes just too big IMHO.

The only thing if a majority wants this is to add the blue water to the brown banks texture version and the size will end up about 3 megs bigger and the polycount goes only a bit up as I have to copy only the gutters pieces, assign the blue water to those, which in the current version I am working on are the same for both variants.

I personally love the more realistic water color more then the blue and without the screenshots and edited textures from elemental and the posting from Red about the layer with opacity I never would have thought of this as I am not that good with Photoshop.

elemental

That turned out better than I expected. I'm glad that I was able to help. If you or anyone else wants any help with textures just let me know.  I don't know much about 3D modelling but I can do textures. :)

I didn't know it was possible to play with opacity. From what I've heard it had to be 100% opaque or 100% transparent. Whatever you did, it looks good.  :)

Like you, I definitely prefer the new blue but good idea to include both. Giving the player choice is always a good approach to take.  :)

EDIT: now it get what you did. The opacity overlay was done in photoshop, not in game. Endless possibilities with multi-layered textures in photoshop. You hit a good combination.

elemental

One more idea... I'm not sure if you have already done this but is it possible to have a screw piece that sits directly in the lake/river? Those little ghost field channels are brilliant but it won't always be easy to fit the whole irrigation ditch system into every agricultural area.

embx61

Yes elemental.

In Photoshop I had your edited blue water texture and laid the texture from the un deep water on top and played with opacity so it started to blend.

Indeed many possibilities this way and by accident read about it that redKetchup did this for some textures of his Peak Valley Mod so gave it a shot and was quite surprised with the outcome.

Thanks for the offer on helping us modders out with stuff we, or at least some, are not so good at.
Paeng made all the icons for me and that helped a lot time wise and besides the time my Icons would have plain sucked :)

I think we as a community are not that far of from Black Liquid.
They maybe on paper have a real dedicated team but here the help we modders get from the community is refreshing and very, very helpful.

Helping with texture editing, Icons, play testing, numbers crushers, giving ideas, feedback and bug reports, just too many to name them all.

It saves us a lot of time and it is appreciated :)

Thanks you all :)

embx61

You mean the crew for the gutters straight into river or lake?

Sure, It will have to be a tiny bit larger (longer) as to reach the water as it is more deep then my channels.

I will work on that for the next release :)

elemental

Quote from: embx61 on July 01, 2017, 04:19:53 PM

I will work on that for the next release :)

Great.  :)  That one little piece would give this whole set even more possibilities for use.

I can do icons too, but they are difficult. It's very hard to get a good image in such a small space. Even harder if you don't use any colour.

embx61

Uploaded version 17004 of the Natural irrigation set.

embx61

Still doing some small stuff with the Irrigation Channels but it become a bit boring working on the same stuff over and over so take a small break from it to create something new.
Did not make a building for a while so create a building.
No worry, some new content will still be added to the Irrigation system.

A request I see often from @brads3, and some others, is a sort of Industrial Store what works as a market but stores all kind of resources where most of them are normally stored on a stockpile like stone, coal, logs, iron, Custom1(Forged), Coal Fuel(Minerals), All the fuels, Custom4(Construction), and Custom5(Raw Materials) and maybe tools.

Footprint will be probably 6x7Including Road and a storage capacity of about 16000. Thinking of 6 Vendors that can be employed.

But all values can change on feedback I hopefully receive.

Now what to call that building? General Store, Industrial Store?  (Lowes? Praxis?) LOL

Industrial sounds not really that medieval to me and a general store probably sells food, textiles, clothing too and I don't want to add those this to this building.

RedKetchup

Home Hardware ? Costco ? ^^ Walmart ?
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .