News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Embx61 Work in progress

Started by embx61, May 02, 2017, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

that is a neat way to deal with it.and you get a huge awesome decoration.

embx61

Thanks brads :)

I found that statue mesh on TurboSquid for FREE.

They are low poly too about 1500 a statue what is quite good and I not see players putting 20 quarry's on a map anyway :)

LOL I seen some statues on TurboSquid with 1.5 million poly's. Some were free too but that is just way too much for a statue LOL

The whole quarry is still just under 5500 poly's including the build stage.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

QueryEverything

@embx61 nearly there .... the naughty corner is ever so lonely, I thought I found a way out, but now I'm not so sure.  :(  But soon :D :D :D

Back to the waterfall though - OH WOW!  And with some ghosted decos around it, what a gorgeous local area that can be designed.  Will you be also including a version where you don't need to have a quarry first, you can go straight to the waterfall?  What a fabulous idea for a city garden!!  (Even with a flat back, doesn't matter with ghosted decos, or placing it against the back of other buildings etc, noone will notice).

Re the roads - they look good, I got the latest version, yet to try :(  my downloads folder is bulging with goodies, and anticipation :) 

I wonder, whilst you're in the road frame of mind, and you're developing the waterfall, in stone - what about a ground covering mosaic, plaza piece to go with it?  Ancient mosaic style to fit the era of the waterfall?  I don't know how it would be done though, design wise - 1 large piece, or smaller pieces with a section of the pattern in each and the player puts them together like a puzzle?  Using a bit of the pattern from the reddish road that you have even, but in the same stone colouring as the waterall?

Just a random idea ... Could build a lovely hidden oasis or large open plaza - and with your large marketplace etc. 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

embx61

Sure. It is just copy the mesh and change the footprint a bit so it not need to be build in a mountain.

I will do it when I have finished the Mine and uploaded a new version of the Village set.

I will release the statue as deco soon too.

Putting deco on the Quarry part not going to work because all ghosted deco's are set at Z axis 0 (Groundlevel)

That means they will go into the mesh instead of on top of it.

The waterfall part can just be laid around with regular road. I shall see if I find some more mosaic textures so I can add some roads later.
Roads on top of the quarry not going to work because roads are ground level but for the standalone monument I will put a nice texture on the top parts with some mosaic.

That way it will look a bit different too from the quarry destroyed part.

Gatherer

Quote from: embx61 on August 19, 2017, 05:35:24 AMI will release the statue as deco soon too.
Sweet. I was about to ask for that. ;)
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

QueryEverything

Quote from: embx61 on August 19, 2017, 05:35:24 AM
Sure. It is just copy the mesh and change the footprint a bit so it not need to be build in a mountain.

I will do it when I have finished the Mine and uploaded a new version of the Village set.

I will release the statue as deco soon too.

Putting deco on the Quarry part not going to work because all ghosted deco's are set at Z axis 0 (Groundlevel)

That means they will go into the mesh instead of on top of it.

The waterfall part can just be laid around with regular road. I shall see if I find some more mosaic textures so I can add some roads later.
Roads on top of the quarry not going to work because roads are ground level but for the standalone monument I will put a nice texture on the top parts with some mosaic.

That way it will look a bit different too from the quarry destroyed part.

Sorry, that's my mistake, I did mean on the ground level @embx61 such as trees, and shrubs etc :D  Sorry for any confusion.
Still not great with typing things currently :(  In my head it made sense, lol :D

Love the plans though that you have.  Really excited to see it in game!!
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Kristahfer

@embx61 I love your mods. I have some confusion with making sure I have the correct ones loaded and getting the load order correct. Also getting grey dot instead of the icon in the tool bar. I know that is due to load order but I have been unable to correct the issue.

If I could impose on you and ask that you take a look and give me an idea what I need and don't need and getting the load order correct, I would be very appreciative.

I have included the list of your mods in the load order I am using.

elemental

The unified mod contains nearly everything EB has made. Mod of those mods aren't needed if you are using the most recent unified mod.

embx61

You have loaded Unified Mod and many mods which are included in Unified Mod.

If you run Unified Mod you only need the VillageSet, Roads, Signs, Ground Irrigation, deco Bridges, and the overrides mods together with the unified mod so you can get rid of all the other mods in the list.
Put the the overrides on top. the rest do not matter what order they are in.

If you prefer to not run Unified: load all in the list besides of course Unified and:

The Farmhouse B is old and is included in Farmhouse and Log houses set so just get rid of it completely.
The Boarding House is part of the village Set so get rid of it.
Small Village Set is the same as the Village set. I renamed because small village is about the same name as Discrepancy's small village mod so get rid of it.

The Church and the chapel, and Materials Store are the only three building mods which are still stand alone. The rest of all my stand alone building mods are all included in the several sets.

So always download a set instead of the older buildings stand alone mods except the church Material Store, and chapel.

Signs and Roads are standalone Mods too and stay that way but I will include them at a later point in Unified as well just as the Village Set.

Unified going to be the easiest as it only need the Village set, signs, roads, the overrides, and deco bridges and you have everything I made so far in just 6 mods :)

Ground irrigation still works but the natural Irrigation is the replacement of the ground irrigation and I won't update the ground irrigation anymore.

Here the list of all my mods I still update and support. Consider all my other mods old and/or included in the several sets.
http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=1878.msg38229#msg38229

HTH

Kristahfer

Thank you @embx61 . I will make those corrections.

embx61

Uploaded version 17007 of the Village set.

Moved the trader names from the newlimit string table to the Village stringtable so it is not dependable anymore on the new limit resources stringtable file.
As the newlimit file is used in many mods load order was important and now the loadorder does not matter anymore for the trader names.

Added a mine and a quarry. The mine can me build anywhere but is recommended to push the ghosted back part into a mountain for better look.
I decided to do it this way so the player can dig as little as possible in the mountain by keeping the mine as far as possible in front of the mountain and the ghosted backside just stick a bit in the mountain. Mine can be rebuild after destruction. The Quarry is just a test to see what can be done and transforms after destruction into a sort of monument.
Save compatible with Village set 17005 and 17006.

I will make the statues as decoration separate soon.
I going to do some decoration stuff in the next couple of days.

Paeng

[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

embx61

Just uploaded version 17011 of the Unified Mod.

The unified Mod now contains all my mods except the Above Ground Irrigation Channels set and the override mods.

Override mods are never be included in Unified to give players the choice to play with or without them.

In all, Who want to play with all my mods need only the Unified Mod and the Above Irrigation Mod and you have everything I made so far besides the overrides.

embx61

Was playing a little bit and when I build the barn from the Village set the AO mapping of the second building stage was screwed up.
As they are cloned F Keys I probably made a error in the work flow somewhere.

I fixed it and will upload a new version of the Village Set later today.

Then I will add the above ground Irrigation to the Unified Mod and fix it in there as well and upload a new version later today or tomorrow.

After that the Unified Mod will be current with all I did so far :)

Then I think going to make some decoration like some fences and walls for a change. I also want to make a bridge as I never did that yet.
Then some ghosted shelters as Query requested that.

I added for personal use RedKetchup's Iron Ore to the game and it looks awesome :)  I changed the Village Blacksmith so it creates Iron From iron Ore and the Mine produces Iron Ore too.
If players like it I will update the Village set later as I think it is realistic but let me know if you want this change.

RedKetchup

but i noticed something about the iron ore/iron though : when you start a game, you have a limited amount of iron in the storageyard. the vanilla BS building need many of those. and if like me you like to start with a school as 1st building... it takes 16 iron for it...

as me, if you plan to change iron to iron ore on the map, need to plan something : reduce/modify the building costs for the vanilla BS, or have a cheaper alternate because once you used some, they will never comeback unless you process some ore to iron.

> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .