News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Red's new Work In Progress thread

Started by RedKetchup, November 19, 2017, 06:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brads3

can we split construction materials and have a slot for crafting materials too?that might help. trying to figure ways that chains can still function with the limits. sometimes it can be helpful to be able to slow down 1 building in a chain but still produce the end product. say there is 3 buildings under 1 limit. you need some of step 1 to get step 2 and then some of step 2 to get the final.if you hit the limit it will shut down in the middle. when you find it, the step 1 filled the limit and stopped step 2,so step 3 ran out and can't produce the final item. i hope i explained it without confusing you.
                  in large towns it can be a problem. you are trying to build in 1 area and don't see what is happening in another.

RedKetchup

yeah i understand the step1, step2, step3....
but sometimes to say something is a construction material while in fact giving that flag can be weird

for example that fodder chain:

you get fodder : misc. custom7. can we say construction material ? we are feeding the horses with that. So maybe materials custom4 ?
(custom 4 = material : harvested natural resources not through mining. clay sand hardwood...)

with fodder you feed horses and get fertilizers : misc. custom 7. nobody eat those^^ but used to get food. it is not crafted and cannot put in same custom4 material.... maybe then let it stay at custom7: Misc. ?

with fertilizer you get food so that ok there....

the other subchain : flowers.
flowers : custom7 Misc again .... is also an harvested natural resources can we can switch it to custom 4 ? (so you will get clay, sand, hardwood, fodder, and flowers ?)

with flower you do perfume: custom 7 Misc. again (lol i ve put everything there ??) perfume is a trade only end product. Can we put this in luxuries ? and ask to act like a tavern ? giving happiness while consumming perfume ? (i know we dont drink it, but spread in the neck, cloth, head... and give happiness to people ^^) that way it wont be just a sell item anymore and get a use.

new chain with flower i want to do is making pigments (by the perfumery menu too) and with it making paints. I want paints to be a construction material and used as requirement to build buildings that has colors (yellow,red,blue,purple,etc... wood building)(like country/colorful/boston houses)

so the pigments can be :  maybe misc. custom 7 ? it is not really a harvested natural resource material (custom 4)
and with pigments we will do paints which will fall under Custom 5 Construction Material.

would it be ok ?

Fodder - Custom4 => Fertilizer - Custom7 => Food
Flower - Custom4 => Perfume - Luxuries
Flower - Custom4 => Pigment - Custom7 => Paints - Custom5
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

brads3

yes you  did send it all to misc. that was why when you designed it everyone had fits. the fodder kept stopping the chain.LOL it is an interresting debate.

i think perfume should go under crafted since then it won't store in the taverns.otherwise we would need to up the limit and the breweries will use all our fruit. i think of crafted as end trade goods. i can see pigment being material, custom 4 and paint being construction material, custom 5.
       i debate the fodder being under materials. the limit we players use for the fodder is high enough,i am concerned how it would affect clay and sand. i think splitting flowers to custom 4 away from the fodder might be enough to help the chain. do we dare use a reserved limit flag and call it crafting materials??

do you want me to be a critic? the perfumery uses flowers much slower  then they are produced. the perfumery could use more flowers per each perfume.even with 2 perfumeries with 2 workers the flowers can be overpowering. i ship the excess and trade it for food.

RedKetchup

ale appear inside the tavern footprint, on the ground, and it is picked up by the brewer and put directly in the tavern storage. they dont go put them inside another tavern and use the nearest storage available without moving. i think

the perfume wont go store in tavern because without moving they will go to the nearest storage available which is directly there; perfume would store inside the perfumery like ale in tavern. i think

about the ale limits... yeah it would need some adjustments but doesnt CC already have some kind of other luxuries ? with some meal consuming at pubs ? how does it act or play on your limits ?
Note i am also OK with just a sell item too.... we are debating. :)

about flowers, with a number of flowers turned into pigments and then paints to build some houses... will still be overpowered ? there will still have alot of excess ?

brads3

there is the pub meals but they don't produce very fast so has little affect on the luxury limit. CC used to use the tag for the my precious mod,silver and gold,mine actually still is set that way. depending on how much you plan to use for pigments and paint,it might use it up more. i think at the moment the flowers is enough to keep 4 perfumeries busy.
     the pub meals is a goofy 1. i always thought the bannies would use them as food or maybe they did before the 1.07 upgrade.
     these bannies are bad at moving items all over the map into different buildings.there are even posts @ CC cause the bannnies are storing so much in taverns.since the upgrade with the compatability 1.07 mod,the downfall is the storage has gotten crazier. i think turning some limit flags off on storage in markets will help that. turning off misc will stop fertilizer from being stored with food. there is already barns, and markets all you modders made, to move goods for production buildings. like you and EB's wharehouses.

RedKetchup

ok, and so ?
what will do with perfume ?

Freedom

Red, with so many great mods by you and others, I try not to use any vanilla object;, homes, storage, fields, production facilities - none of them! A favorite challenge is to see how quickly I can replace the start condition vanilla wooden homes and barn with modded ones. With RK Editor Choice Edition I will have to find a new challenge. But your houses are a favorite so I don't mind  ;)

Despite daily visits to WOB, I've not blogged the towns that have grown up in my 6000+ hours of Banished play. (I play a lot.) Thanks for the reminder that posting pics/blogs can help modders see how their mods are used and enjoyed. I'll add some and hope others will too!

Fodders farm: Love how gorgeous this mod looks. Pair it often with fire brick little houses and walls. I agree with brads3 that flower production is high, especially because I build several. Look forward to pigments and paint. Selling flowers works so no issues with excess, just another fun challenge to deal with.

Flags and limits: Not a big issue to me as a player. I use Status window for gross food, tools, clothes, and log/iron/stone. With so many mods and cumulative imbalances that for the others I use the Inventory windows to track them and just dial up limits - not perfect, but with warehouses and traders it's good enough for my play style. Sure it matters to modders, but don't lose sleep over it  ;D

Districts and chains: Great work on the forester version. Can't wait for the clay/brick/sand/glass as this is a favorite chain I use often across mods/modders. The variety that brick and glass add to building things is a huge plus.

Turis

I don't post comments anymore but I still keep an eye on the forum to see what's going on everyday.

RedKetchup

personally me too i never got any problems with flags because i always be the one, and will be always the one, who put all limits at 999,999 as very first move when the map has been generated.
as a modder, blogs and pictures are important. it let me know how my buildings looks as a whole in all different situations/maps/city_designs.

I wish to hear you more @Turis  !

RedKetchup

almost redone the Boarding house here :)

RedKetchup

LOL i hate getting .... trolled by the game and its toolkit

why suddenly my darker windows arent transparent anymore ??

RedKetchup

well my boarding house replacement is done :)

it looks so gorgeous in game  ;D

Turis

adelegarland

Hey Red!  Looking forward to the new Megamod!   Can you please make it compatible with the Necora Mods and NatDiv?    Please???    I would love to use all of these great mods together!!   BTW the Boarding house is Lovely!!  Can't wait to use it!
I am not a crazy cat lady...  I'm THE Crazy Cat Lady.

galensgranny

The boarding house is a great looking building!  I really like that particular wall texture.