Main Menu

BRAD'S SETTLING OF AMERICA SERIES 3: Dendrum

Started by brads3, July 11, 2019, 12:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artfactial

Wohboy, that's a lot of ponies at the trader.:P
Hope they get more room to prance soon.

brads3

unfortunately they are stuck there. they list and count as being in a pasture, but they multiply at the TP instead. did try moving the CC trade animal mod higher. next time i will have to try using a different TP to purhase them from.i also tried cutting the cout back to 10 and ship the others that didn't work either it still says 13 in pasture.the  1 glitch i haven't solved yet.

brads3

YEAR 26

we built 2 more houses in the south village. a bakery and another beekeeper are built. this will increase our food ouputs.to speed things up,we increase the builders to 5.in order to make  breakfast we need oats,which we gather a little of,or bread,whcih needs butter,and jam.  a CC dairy is built to make a variety of dairy products.it will process milk and give us butter,cheese,and cream at the same time.

the fodder workers have cleared and planted 1 area well enough that a second can be started.the sheep pen is finished and they are moved from the holding pen.the horses have multiplied well.the pasture is dropped down to 10 horses, and others are sent  to be traded. the bison and lhama pastures are also fenced.the merchant brought 3 bison just in time to move into their pasture.   

in the end we have 1 family still in the CORE hostel and 1 empty pen waiting for lhamas.

pic 1:CC bakery
pic 2: CC dairy that wil put out multiple goods at the same time
pic 3: 2nd fodder hut,
pic 4:bison arrived

brads3

YEAR 27

to build a resort village, we need higher grade materials.i don't want to build a production town.the workers need the time to clear and fence the zoo.we decide to improve and expand our trading. we will add some souvenier shops and use those to trade for building materials.a GF candle shop is built.we will need more logs to supply a furniture shop.an RK apple forest is set south along the main river.a KID  hunter with storage and a RK gatherer will work the area for food and leather. CC log cabins will house the workers.between this and the holding pen,a CC industry TP will be built.

the zoo workers switch from oat meal to breakfast.the jam house was completed.we expanded roads and added 5 more houses. we need 5 more.2 of which are already supplied with building materials.

pic 1:GF candle shop
pic 2: RK appple forest
pic 3: forester and gatherer
pic 4: cabins

brads3

YEAR 28

the CC industry TP and a CC joiner or furniture shop are built. since we expected nomads,we built  a house with each. the nomads never arrived.we traded for 50 hard tools for our quarry workers abd 2 more red dairy cows.

i told you bannies have a mind of their own.bannies are suppose to stockpile the buildings in the order that you lay them out in these bannies dont work that way. they stock whatever they feel like. hence,they used up stone for the zoo roads. this left them short of stone for the TP and furniture shop. of course this upsets and confuses the builders. they go to build 1 place and have to run around to figure out where materials have been stocked.if i had not layed out a few more walls and roads in the zoo,all the work would have been done by mid summer.as it is it snowed and only 1 house was completed.i actually think LUKE coded it this way on purpose.with the education level delow 50% the bannies do dumb things.

by winter, we ran short of lumber since these mindless,insane bannies moved stone when they should have been cutting logs. as such this year is a loss and has to be replayed.

on the replay,the merchants brought soup instead of tools.the other did return with the 2 red dairy cows.we also traded for 1 longhorn cow and sweet potato seed.

the trade village has clear roads around the buildings,trees, and some decorations. the regrowth won't come back in that area.

pic 1: CC furniture shop, with these mods,some buildings and items are easier with the CC. the RK works better for others.
pic 2: CC industry TP
pic 3: a lonely longhorn

brads3

year 29

whales,sharks,walrusses,fish,crabs,and frogs have been captured they are housed in the aquatic section of the zoo.the laborers have been busy restocking iron ore and clearing the longhorn pasture.we are back to 2 builders. the traders have used up so much stock that the TP stock had to be adjusted down.

the CC TP traded linen and bonemeal for some glass.

pic 1:sharks
pic 2:whales
pic 3: walrus and fish

brads3

YEAR 30 REVIEW

population  168,with 22 students.education level  46%.42 houses and a 2 boardinghouses.our health has improved now that we have wheat. 19 helper nomads arrived.by keeping  1 couple, in the CORE we able to control their arrival.this has helped us maintain the tools and increase clothing and food.

all but 1 of the zoo pens have animals. all except the red dairy are full. a new tailor processes linen and makes coats from wool and cloth.a new blacksmith processes copper ore and makes iron and copper tools. we can process cheese,butter, bread,jam, maple syrup,and breakfasts.a new trade post is stocking candles and furniture. to supply more logs we added a RK apple forest.there are 2 fodder huts to feed the animals.

the zoo now holds over 20 different animals.the zoo grew by over 50% and we made several major expansions to the south. decorations and clear roads were added to the main trade village. with new graduates, we have 10 workers supplying 2 builders. with the domesticated petting zoo section almost complte,we can soon start the safari areas.

pic 1: stats and limits
pic 2: production
pic 3: inventory
pic 4: food and tool graphs

brads3

YEAR 30

we work on the longhorn pasture.a large pen for elephants is competed. the merchants brought us 4 lhamas. we had hoped for new helpers,but they were delayed.we did assign 10 laborers and 5 builders.

pic 1: elephant pen
pic 2: lhamas

moonbelf

This zoo is great! What a wonderful concept :)

brads3

YEAR 31

22 nomads arrive. they built a soup and bar-b-q grill at the zoo plaza. a wood cutter will supply firewood for the south village.a small chopper was added for the zoo workers. a fishing dock and beekeeper work near the CC trade post.the nomads added an RK stone chapel near the cemetary. 2 more fields were cleared for sweat potatoes.

with all the construction we spend  the year cutting logs. the CC industry merchant finally brought us 3 buillding supplies. everyone from the guest house was moved into their own houses.

pic 1:SV firewood cutter
pic 2: fishing dock and beekeeper
pic 3: RK stone church

Nilla

You´re full of ideas. I´m only sorry for those poor orcas. They need a much larger home.

brads3

ideas..... nah it is just the CC animal decorations. we struggled with stonethen lack tools,now lack of logs. as i work to increase 1 suply,we use up another.  i did have some ideas to build a resort area near the EB stone quarry and more around the zoo markets.much depends on the trading.

NILLA,glad you are woring out the bugs for the DS mods. i might try an industrial town after this map.

brads3

YEAR 32

we have 9 workers that need a workplace and nomads to move. some of what i want to do has to wait for building materials.to increase the trading,we add a CC pottery shop.a RK clay pit will be dug to supply the clay. this should work even though i am crossing 1.06 material with a 1.07 mod.  this potter will need furnace fuel that will be made from coal.

we need more iron ore,so a RK random mine is dug.the zoo added a tool shop to repair their own tools.

we traded for 2 ducks and 50 bronze tools.a NECORA pond was dug and the pasture was fenced. 1 large famiy remains in the zoo hostel. nomads have moved out of the CORE and guest house. 

pic 1: soup and bar-b-q grill
pic 2: RK clay pit
pic 3: CC potter,will need furnace fuel but does use the RK clay
pic 4: RK random quarry
pic 5 zoo tool shop

brads3

YEAR 33

the family moved out of the zoo hostel.there older son stayed to help at the zoo.the family will work the forest.a mini gatherer and forester were built along with a RK herbalist.a hospital will built in the south village as soon as we have enough copper.

the CC potter does use the RK clay. the compatability patch mods work well. our production buidings are slowed down waiting for supplies.this keeps the traders busy constantly moving and changing inventory. we do need to increase our log and mineral outputs soon.

pic 1: herbalist
pic 2: duck pen with Necora's pond.

brads3

YEAR 34

the mill has processed the wheat into flour which is inedible.the CC bakery waits for more butter.a  GF bakery will help use up the flour.we also need more logs. a stone bridge will give us access to the west side of the lake. to increase fuel for the potter,2 more miners are sent to the random quarry to haul out more coal.

the hospital and a tavern were completed in the south village.the south village also built their 4th beekeeper. work has started on the west zoo walls. a tower was finished. the bannies have been busy cutting and hauling logs.

we are due a housuing and population boom. hopefully we have improved our supply counts to handle it.

pic 1: west lake bridge
pic 2: growing south village
pic 3: west zoo wall construction