News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Gator Glade - Story 43

Started by Abandoned, June 16, 2019, 07:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

;D ;D ;D I had to put those croc-o-gators you surprised me with to good use.  ;D Thanks @kid1293  Deco can be such fun.  :)

Abandoned

Chapter 17

So yes, weary traveler, if not for those Swamp Legend croc-o-gators and the Legendary pirate Captain Kylandro I doubt I would be sitting here today telling you this tale.  Those first 4 years before supplies arrived from Pirate's Cove were pretty rough, we barely survived, 5 of our town's people did not.  We accomplished a lot since those early days. Gator Glade's population grew from 19 to 74, 42 adults, 7 students, and 25 young children.  In early spring of year 19 there was nothing we needed when the supply boat arrived, and our shipping jetty was filling up with items waiting to be picked up and delivered to other swamp dwellers who need them. 

The town of Gator Glade itself also grew and the main living area is completely enclosed by a stockade fence.  The stockade and 2 croc hunters keep us safe from crocs and the crocs keep us safe from giant frogs.  Our waterfront area includes a fish jetty for fishermen to catch fish from, the shipping jetty and supply jetty for giving and receiving, 2 crab jetties, and a fishing bridge.  There is a record book to record the catch of the day and the supplies that were received, and a food barn and supply barn to store them in.  A wood cutter and smoker increase and preserve the fish caught from the jetty, the bridge, and brought in by the fishing boats to the boat jetties.  We now have 5 fishing boats and 3 rowing boats.

Yes, weary traveler, our waterfront here in the swamp is very beautiful especially in Spring and Summer.  There are ferns, cattails, and weeping willow trees.  With the croc population under control there are more ducks and ducklings and it is safe to just sit and enjoy the view.  I just love this gazebo Trent built for me.  We often sit here and watch the morning sunrise and the fishing boats with their sails, afloat.  We are very happy and at home here in Gator Glade.

Oh just look at the time, I must get going.  Enjoy the rest of your day, weary traveler.  See you later, alligator.  After while, crocodile.

The End

kid1293

Abandoned

Abandoned