News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Paeng - Village Journals

Started by Paeng, March 21, 2017, 02:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

What started as just a Small Waterfront exercise here -

turns out to be a really enjoyable town, despite (or because of) the difficult map... I been adding more mods last nite, so now it has all DS items, and some from most WoB mods - probably will add more as I go along...

So - finally crossed the big river and got into fodder farming (picking flowers, too   ;D ), mills, salt production, leather works and more... Also built an outpost in the far north west, which is still pretty rugged...  :D

A Nomad Outpost

* To be continued...
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

Abandoned

Wow, new forest outpost pieces look really good in that setting and sure like that fodder field. :)

Paeng

Yeah, the housing came out really well, nice variety for FO  :)

Abandoned

@Paeng yes, and pieces from other sets blend in so nice too.  Now I can recognize most other pieces and don't have to keep asking.  Always nice to see the combinations.  :)

QueryEverything

Really love these new shots @Paeng :)  Some of my favourite ones so far!! 
Love how all the new buildings are really working together, and there is a wonderful fluidity to the different areas & mini communities :)  Love!! 
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Paeng

Let's leave the waterfront and have a look at the town, across the long boardwalk...

An overview, to get your bearings  :)

* To be continued...

QueryEverything

Really love how all the different mods come together.  I know a some were concerned that mods would look out of place with some others, but I haven't come across a mod I haven't been able to place with another piece from another mod.

I love the inspiration you bring to us as players, and to the modders :)

[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Nilla

I always enjoy looking at your settlements, @Paeng . It's really a pleasure. I don't recognise the 2 store houses with stones on the ground flour and halftimbered on top. Look good in a town. (But on the other hand all houses look good in your towns ;) )

QueryEverything

@Nilla they are Medieval Houses by @despo_20 he released them over on Black Liquid, here is the link :)
http://blackliquidsoftware.com/index.php?/files/file/172-d20-medieval-houses/
They are very nice :)

Paeng

Thanks for your kind words  :)

Yeah, the Despo Houses are nice to play - there are only two yet, but you can rotate them any which way so they seem to be 6 or 8 different ones... plus they have those "Accessory Storage" snap-on's which change the overall look again...

As for mixing different styles, I love going out of the box...  ;)

And this town will improve once we have more decor and ghosts available (really missing CC on that account), flowery bushes, trees, fountains, walls and fences, animals, color accents, and so on - specially the plaza and markets still look a bit "bare"...  :)

despo_20

Quote from: Paeng on May 07, 2017, 03:33:15 AM
Yeah, the Despo Houses are nice to play - there are only two yet, but you can rotate them any which way so they seem to be 6 or 8 different ones... plus they have those "Accessory Storage" snap-on's which change the overall look again...
I plan to make other variants of houses and other "accessory buildings", but at the moment I'm at work on another project (it's a surprise!  ;D )

When I release version 1.1 I'll definitely upload it also here on WoB. Hope to do it in the week ;)

Paeng

The journey continues... let's see -

we have a new herbalist and apothecary, the new glass maker's chain, some new woodworks, the clay and pottery chain...

and I finally got some sheep (after waiting 35 years)...   ::)
* RNG and I will not become friends anytime soon...  :-[

* To be continued...

Abandoned

@Paeng very nice, like the new herbalist and apothecary together and those, riffles sure bring that waterwheel to life.  I just added that mod to my game but haven't tried it yet.  And the log cabin will certainly be a favorite.  As always, enjoy your posts.  :)

Paeng

New service for our fodder plantations...

:)

embx61

A the Irrigation channels are in use. :)

I truly hope that some folks have some ideas how to make them real functional in game and that those ideas are possible code wise.

Best would be to enhance crop/orchard output or something but I don't think that is possible.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]