News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Farewell Nonny

Started by Paeng, October 04, 2016, 11:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paeng

A sad note - our member A Nonny Moose has recently passed away.
He was a true forum champion, not only for things Linux...  :'(

http://www.haskettfh.com/winterton-john-hensall/
[i]Heads are round so thoughts can take a turn[/i]
[color=teal][size=8pt]Editor's Choice [b]here[/b][/size][/color]

kid1293

Foundation stones like A Nonny Moose are few.
It's sad.

Pangaea

:(

I wondered what had happened to him since he used to be around and I hadn't seen him for a while. Sad news indeed. Such a nice, warm and knowledgeable person. He will be missed.

I'll smoke a penguin in his honour?

Nilla

That´s sad news. I will miss him, too.

RedKetchup

very very sad news :(
we will all miss him.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Pangaea

This is apparently A Nonny Moose's last post. Eerily accurate.

:'(

Quote from: A Nonny Moose on May 28, 2016, 08:15:08 AM
Ubuntu 16.04 with wine-1.9.10 (Staging) on i5 4 core processor with an AMD (Radion) R7 240 2GB on board runs this program at full speed.  This is a step up from earlier when it ran at 10x as if it was 1x.

Other stuff under this combination of hardware/software runs fine as well.  All things come to him who waits.

catty-cb

After years of him posting about Linux over at Simtropolis, I'd been really looking forward to his return (surgery for cancer, which he was expecting to recover from) and being able to tell him he was right and Linux was better than Windows (got rid of Win7 on my computer and am now a Linux Mint user), but unfortunately that wasn't to be.

Farewell John "A Nonny Moose" he and his posts was always interesting and he was never shy about telling you what he thought of something, I'm going to miss him.

Cathy

Mmdrgtobldrgn

I didn't know him well, especially since I mostly lurk logged off now and then, but his posts were some of my favorites to read.
~ Mama Dragon
Mother, Grandmother, Gamer, always Myself