News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

irrelevant - Quatre Bras: incorporating mods

Started by irrelevant, October 14, 2014, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irrelevant

Mahnogard

Nice. :) I'm about to start a new town with more of an emphasis on baked goods. Because pie is awesome. And because my last town was already in-progress when Red gave us the mod, so I never quite was able to achieve the bakery excellence I was striving for in my building placement.

RedKetchup

so i guess, we are doing too many flour per year ? and too many bakery per year ? per building i mean

??
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

irrelevant

Well, it might be too many. It's an awful lot. I'd have to make a spreadsheet, and that's too much like work for right now (maybe a glass of wine too many for Excel)  ;)

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on November 10, 2014, 05:41:15 PM
(maybe a glass of wine too many for Excel)  ;)

ah ok ! i understand why you understood nothing i wrote to you in PMs !!!!!!!!!

rofl

irrelevant

This town's probably done. I can't load it, or any earlier save. In fact I can't even start a new game. Going to start over with a fresh install of everything.

RedKetchup

Quote from: irrelevant on November 11, 2014, 04:33:18 PM
This town's probably done. I can't load it, or any earlier save. In fact I can't even start a new game. Going to start over with a fresh install of everything.

should add:

i  will never drink wine when i m playing with mods.

irrelevant

Well, let's not get carried away now. I drink wine for medicinal purposes.  ;D

The better rule is, never fiddle around with mods once they are in use.

RedKetchup

better : The better rule is, never fiddle around with mods once YOU are in use.

:) :) :)

Mahnogard

Oh man, you should see some of the things I've done in Skyrim while drinking.

It's just soooo easy to get carried away in Banished because it's an exciting time right now, trying out mods and exploring new possibilities... Oddly, I didn't break any of my towns, but I had a similar problem when trying to start a new one a while back. I ended up having to clear out the mods from the windata folder, checked for any mod updates, then verified cache (Steam version) which seemed to "refresh" things without needing a full reinstall.

Of course, that process meant any saves from older towns were no longer going to be playable, but I've learned to not stay attached to them after I've started a new one.

irrelevant

rkelly17

Quote from: Mahnogard on November 11, 2014, 06:42:32 PM
Oh man, you should see some of the things I've done in Skyrim while drinking.

It's just soooo easy to get carried away in Banished because it's an exciting time right now, trying out mods and exploring new possibilities... Oddly, I didn't break any of my towns, but I had a similar problem when trying to start a new one a while back. I ended up having to clear out the mods from the windata folder, checked for any mod updates, then verified cache (Steam version) which seemed to "refresh" things without needing a full reinstall.

Of course, that process meant any saves from older towns were no longer going to be playable, but I've learned to not stay attached to them after I've started a new one.

I think that since mods started coming I have started 20 or so towns, gotten to about year 20 and moved on because of new mods. I finally deleted all the save games because none of them are playable any more. I blame @RedKetchup, @slink, and @JamieIdle2.0 in particular.  >:(  (actually:  ;D )

RedKetchup

tommorrow night at midnight +1 sec, there is the launch of new world of warcraft expansion..... so i need to lvl my hunter to lvl 100 :)
updates will be slower :)