News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Nilla´s Doolin - it´s all about the speed

Started by Nilla, November 22, 2014, 02:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilla

Quote from: MightyCucumber on December 05, 2014, 10:20:09 AM
Thanks once again Red, you're the best. ;)

Agree

I now played my fast Doolin to its end: Summer 30; 4800 inhabitants at most. I am proud and astonished. :)

The last years were all kind of exciting.
I took some nomads in year 26. They infected the town with dysentery. It was not all too bad: 200-300 sick at the most, not many dead. But than! At the first nice calm picture from late summer 28, there are two sick person. It's measles. The following year was dominated by this disease. More than 1700 sick at the same time. A lot of dead people. The spring and summer of 29 was hard; measles, some starvation and lack of most other things. But somehow, the disease went over, the harvest was good and my town survived that year, too.

The crash came than in the year 30. I tried every trick I could think about, wanted 5000, ;) but it didn't help. Bitter, the big starvation started as the stores started to fill up again. :(

Before I end this blog about my fast Doolin (the slow town is still alive, there might come some more stories about that one) I want to thank some of you mod-creating-people for making this fast game possible. I don't think I could have built this town so fast without these 4 mods.

@slink Three Stories Houses - cheap, no stones needed, save space.
@JamieIdle2.0 Specialized Trading Port - (Especially the Raw Materials Port) to build this fast, you need an enormous amount of building material.
@RedKetchup Medieval Mill and Bakery - to buy a lot of buildingmaterials (and later food), you need something to sell. Pies bring a very good profit.
@slink Specialized Markets - helps a lot to improve the logistics, and logistic is the problem if you build a big settlement.
The other mods I used are also nice and helpful, but not as important.

1. pic late summer 28
Everything is nice and peaceful

2. pic late summer 30
All but nice and peaceful

3. pic spring 30
foodgraph

4. pic late autumn 30
populationgraph

The picture show different parts of the map. Looking pretty much the same; industries close to the river, farming in the other areas.

irrelevant

Nilla

Thank you. This town made a lot of fun. Exhausting but fun.