News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Elbin in Year 32

Started by rkelly17, October 11, 2014, 04:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rkelly17

Here are some shots of Elbin (which I started this morning) to show how some of @slink's and @RedKetchup's latest work looks in game. These pictures are from year 32.

The first picture is the oldest section of Elbin. The starting point (medium) is the barn of the farm to the right. You can see the forest village in the background. The area is served by Elfecutioner's General Store with 3D model by RedKetchup.

The next picture is the first "crossroads" farming community of Riverbend with vendors by slink and small chapel by Red Ketchup. This village supported the expansion of farming and the beginning of trade.

The third and fourth pictures are Town Hall Square in Centre Elbin. You can see slink's vendors along with various of RedKetchup's Decorative Items (all the trees in the park are RK's) plus the new College and Library. I also used the small fountain and some houses by Cosacks from The Fountain Mod Lite. In the background of the third you can see the hospital surrounded by RedKetchup's stone fences and gate to keep people from getting too close.

The fifth picture is the farming community of Creekside. You can see that it is a bit more prosperous than Riverbend since the citizens were able to build a nice fountain (by RK) and library. Creekside is at the West end of a boulevard that will reach to the Eastern side of the valley.

Finally, the map. I used the first version of Flat Maps which is, I think, by Chucklestart. This is a large flatlands map.

Nilla

I haven´t tried all these mods yet, so i have a question (and as generally have to say my oppinion :-\);

What are these black buildings, close to the small church and those at the "city-center" opposite the church? They don´t seem to be "ready", more like some draft; too dark to fit into the game.

All other new buildings look so nice and fit well into the game.

rkelly17

Quote from: Nilla on October 13, 2014, 03:19:36 AM
I haven´t tried all these mods yet, so i have a question (and as generally have to say my oppinion :-\);

What are these black buildings, close to the small church and those at the "city-center" opposite the church? They don´t seem to be "ready", more like some draft; too dark to fit into the game.

All other new buildings look so nice and fit well into the game.

Those are @slink's market buildings which divide the market up into multiple shops for more flexibility in planning. There is more on them at http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=524.0 and http://worldofbanished.com/index.php?topic=542.0

Bobbi

I think @slink is planning on working on the graphics a little more.