Main Menu

Kid - Forest Ponds V1.0

Started by kid1293, February 16, 2018, 03:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

All right.
I need a 'cover' to cover the hole.
I can not fade the edges of that texture, I have to make a second texture
used as decal to fade the edge. I am positively sure I can not do that in a nice way.
There will be visible seams.

I don't like visible seams.  :(

twilightbreeze

I personally do not mind the stones as edging. I only asked if it was possible to have both. Since it is not, I like it the way it is. You could change the flat bricks for different sizes of rocks, but either way, I think it looks fine as is.
Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

kid1293

:)  I thought of irregular stones as edge but had to say no.
There are so many surfaces that it will go up to the roof
of the computer with a lot of stones.

It is simply not always the right thing to do even if it will look better!

taniu

Thank you, Nice surprise. I've always dreamed to add frogs and crayfish to such a wonderful mod because there is nowhere this is but in large mods or only Tom has crayfish in The North, if it is possible adding to this mods would be delighted - I do not know have to have codes? maybe from my side this is a stupid idea? but would it be fun - a small mod containing three things? What do you think about it? Please, Cheers!

Turis

Can you place a dirt road over it?

elemental

A meditation pond or nature pond would be a nice addition to your happiness mod. A place for bannies to gain spirit happiness, for those players who don't like churches.  :)

kid1293

Quote from: Hawk on February 16, 2018, 11:41:31 AM
I see what you mean. I agree - you need to do something to cover up that edge. Can you use gravel or something instead of grass?

That is another possible solution.
But the problem is still there. How to blend it nicely with the ground.
I would have to make a gravel footprint (which I can fade) and place
under my model.

A gravel patch in the woods does not have to look out of place but I
prefer grass.

ancientmuse

I don't think the seam is a big deal.... nothing a few decorative plants, flowers, reeds, and grasses can't camouflage.

Kid's plants, EB's grasses flowers and rocks, CC's lovely ground coverings... all ghosted so they can easily be placed all throughout the pond area to "hide" the seam.  The grasses and low ground coverings will blend the seam into the surrounding area without being too noticable.

It kind of makes sense to have lots of plants growing around a pond anyways, since plants do flourish around watery areas.

I now have a gazillion ideas in my head on how to decorate around it nicely with benches, statues, bushes, and all kinds of cool ghosted goodies that we already have with all the other mods !

I like it just the way it is kid... it gives us the option to fix it up however we want.

;D

ancientmuse

So I decided to load this forest pond mod and do a quick decorative touch to see if I could hide the grass seam/rock border and blend it in with the surrounding environment.

It would definitely be easier to just blend in the grass seam without the rock border though... so maybe just an option to build either with or without the rock border ?

Also, the water doesn't seem to be filling the pond... I'm not sure if it's just my graphics card (I had a problem with the pink water canal thing too), or if anyone else has the same super low water level with this pond too ?

Otherwise, it works and looks great with all the plants, benches, gazebo, etc.

I think it turned out looking pretty darned nice !

kid1293

I had that clear water too. I thought I had fixed it.
It should look like picture on top of page one in this thread.
Now it works on my setup.

Nice little garden @ancientmuse ! I think I better leave decoration to you people.

I will consider releasing a no-stone-border version.
There are many voices for such an option.
I am working on a second pond with a little extra.
I may release two versions of that too.

:) I don't know why you don't like those stones. I think they are nice.  ;)

ancientmuse

I'm not sure why the water isn't working for your pond...

I built Red's fish pond and the water is fine with his ?  But yours for some reason doesn't fill up with water ?

Weird.

Otherwise, it works great.

And to be honest, I have no problem with the stone border, but it would be nice to have a no stone option for anyone who doesn't want to plant a gazillion plants around the border like I did.  LOL

;)

kid1293

I can tell that there is water in your pond too but it is completely transparent.
I made a tweak to have half-transparent water to be able to see bottom.
It works on my machine. I want to know if more people have problems with
this completely see-through water?

RK' pond is having an opaque surface with no bottom that is why you can see his water.
I have no idea whatsoever if different graphics card treat transparent textures differently.
I will try to read up on the problem with pink water and see if this is related.

twilightbreeze

Hmmm......I have that water problem BOTH your Pond AND the Fish Farm too!! Water is very low and does not fill up my pools like in your picture.

Got my first computer 1984 when it was all dos. Been playing computer games and internet surfing since. SOOO much has changed!! lol.

RedKetchup

thats normal ! you are in the desert !!!
all the water has evaporated since long time :P
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

twilightbreeze

Red, this is just the game I had up at the moment. This happens in the Lush Plains terrain, Red Desert terrain, and in the Lakes terrain, those I've played in the last couple days, same issue. OR must I take pics in those terrains too to prove??