News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Summerset Swamp - Story 24

Started by Abandoned, June 09, 2018, 01:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

The Ballad of Cable Hogue is one of my favorite movies!  I really like the songs in it.  @Abandoned , that movie is set mainly in the Arizona desert. Cable Hogue and his two partners are out in the desert, looking for water.  I think they were prospectors.  I don't know why they are out in the desert, with almost no water with them, unless they didn't realize how vast it was.  The partners knock out Cable, steal his water bottle/water skin, and leave him to die.  But, Cable finds some water and then builds a little stagecoach stop.  He serves food to the passengers, using animals from the desert, such as snakes, in a stew, I think.  The people liked it until he told them what it was.

Abandoned

How interesting, thanks @galensgranny  :) That sounds like a movie I would like but I don't think I would like snake in my stew.  Snake stew is on the bottom of my menu list right along with frog legs.  :)

RedKetchup

bah maybe snakes are very good meat :P
i dunno i never eat that in my life.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

galensgranny

There are recipes online for how to prepare and cook snakes, so that is something some people do.  I won't be one of those people.
In the movie The Ballad of Cable Houge, at first Cable's new friend told the passengers that the meal they were eating was Coq au Vin, which they accepted, not knowing what that was either, but it sounded like something fancy and special.  But then Cable told them what the meat was.

LadyMarmalade

Reminds me of when my kids were very young. Times were hard and rabbit was a cheap meat to get a hold of but I knew they wouldnt like the idea of eating a fluffy bunny so I told them they were eating chicken..didnt tell them the truth until they were all grown up.
I am not a Gamer because I don't have a life but because I choose to have many.

Abandoned

:) @LadyMarmalade , they taste like chicken but I'm with the kids, I don't want to eat fluffy bunnies, non-fluffies either  :)

Goblin Girl

Quote from: brads3 on July 03, 2018, 10:40:48 AM
aliens? rattlesnakes?
I vote for killer armadillos.  And Leprosy as a new disease.