News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Abandoned - Trilogy - part 1 - Morningside - Story 39

Started by Abandoned, March 20, 2019, 05:43:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abandoned

Chapter 9

In early spring we said goodbye to Abrie and her daughter.  We sent a sack of pastries back with her for her family and for Sandyn, Monserra, and Jack.  She was told to tell Jack that he or anyone who needed a break from Sunrise Mtn Mines were more than welcome to come stay in Morningside even if only to spend the night and have breakfast in the morning.  Abrie said she would tell Jack about our pasture full of pigs and the new pork butcher that was built.  Maybe he would come for a visit.  She would look forward to having bacon on her next visit.  The Breakfast Nook would be serving bacon and eggs for breakfast before then. 

We were short of workers as usual so our only builder went back to work as a laborer and one of them went back to the coffee greenhouse to tend the plants.  The Breakfast Nook had run short of coffee beans.  The builder did complete the new market building near the plaza before that though.  We didn't have a spare worker to stock the market but laborers were dropping items off on their own.  The foundation was laid for a new building that Jillian said would help use some of the maple syrup we now had on hand. 

That year we did have several visitors come down from Sunrise Mountain including Sandyn and Monserra.  It was wonderful seeing them again after all these years.  Like the first time Abrie visited, Monserra and I talked about everything that happened since the day we all first arrived here, and we talked about that day, and we talked about Jack and Jillian.  She too noticed their parting look and thought there was a connection.  She too thought it interesting that both Jack and Jillian were still single.  Monserra said Jack was not happy but he had asked her and Sandyn if they were happy together.  He asked Savio and Abrie the same thing.  Interesting.  The visit ended all too soon.

Abrie and her daughter returned as usual in autumn.  She confirmed what Monserra had said, Jack did ask if she and Savio were happy together.  I was disappointed that Jack did not pay us a visit as I had hoped.  Several times throughout the year I got the impression that Jillian was hoping the same thing.  By the end of year 9, I think she had given up hope.  Maybe it was time.

angainor88

Reading all of this is making me hungry! I want some breakfast now...

(Also it may be selfish of me, but I always like seeing people use my mods :)

Abandoned

;D ;D ;D Yes, it is rather like watching a TV show and the commercials are for snacks or pizza and you want some  :D

@angainor88 I was feeling a bit neglectful not having used one of your mods yet.  The tea orchard and teahouse are so nice and blend in so well with this story.  :)  I have it on my to-do list to read up on Morocco.

Abandoned

Chapter 10

Abrie and her daughter left to return to Sunrise in early spring as usual.  The tea orchard was doing well and the farmer began picking some tea leaves.  The new teahouse would brew herb tea until there were enough tea leaves.  The building Jillian said would use plenty of maple syrup was completed.  It was a pancake house that would make pancakes from flour and eggs.  If we ever run short of maple syrup they could be topped with wild honey instead. There were plenty of choices for a good breakfast in Morningside, whether you wanted to eat at the plaza or pick it up at the market to take home: pancakes, pastry, oatmeal, or bacon and eggs, with or without morning coffee.  I can truthfully say that my sister, Jillian, was responsible for Morningside being what it is today.  Did you know, weary traveler, that we've actually had visitors arrive by boat, stay the night at the Bed & Breakfast hostel, then have breakfast in the morning and sail away with the morning tide.  Gosh, it's almost time for you to be on your way too.

What? Meet Jillian?  Oh, I am sorry, weary traveler, but Jillian is no longer with us, and I miss her terribly.  She often said she just wanted to go home.  I hope now she is at peace.   

Enjoy the rest of your coffee before you go, and I bid you farewell with the words of an old blessing that Grandma O'Leary would always say:

May the road rise up to meet you.  May the wind be ever at your back.  May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rain fall soft upon your fields, and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of his hand.

The End

Abandoned

Abandoned

Abandoned

Sorry, nothing new to add, just posting to arrange Trilogy stories in the correct order.

Abandoned

Sorry, nothing new is being added here.  This post is being done to arrange stories back in number order.  As you know, many of the stories are connected to the previous story or the following one and thus should follow one after the other.  These stories are now being locked.  Addition comments may be made on the thread for the featured mod itself, and comments on currant story and featured mods are always welcome.  Thank you