News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Fly Fishing

Started by Tom Sawyer, October 26, 2016, 12:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

@cainacol12 and all banished people who want to fish a few trouts in vanilla or colonial waters... Fly Fishing

Tight lines!

brads3

TOM nice mod. can this idea to change the fish be used for hunting? so instead of deer and leather we get foxes/furs,bears/hides,elk or moose and hide/leather,rabbits and squirrels/furs all randomly?? the same change you did for the fishing could make us a nice fur trapper or big game hunter. maybe even some pheasnt and turkeys with feathers.

Tom Sawyer

I also thought of a trapper. I suppose it would be not very popular but I like the idea because it was typical in the North (america). Fur would be a nice trade good and we could make a special warm coat. But if I make your suggested fur trapper, it could be that you have to play in the North...  ;D ;)

brads3

thx lot TOM. we like those nice looking buildings u have made that us non-north players get to use. they set nicely with the colonial set. the red breaks up some of the bleaker colors. i even asked CC if they could any way implement the north ideas to the next mega mod. but it wont work,u forgot us all didnt u??   1 of these days i'm goina try the north above CC again. cant remeber how much clashes i get. 1 problem is it makes the NORTH mod set a totally odd icon and messes with the toolbar.plus i am sure then i'll have blank tags on the traders and storages also.u tring to b a convict or just conflicting?

Tom Sawyer

Don't try to combine CC and the North. It makes no sense technically because both mods change the whole game. I spend some time to make NMT playable in the North and it works. With CC no chance, except for separated parts. I see both mods side by side as different themes. If you start a game, you can choose where the trip goes. To the North or to the Colony or another location maybe later. And for the colony you can take some (separated) Nordic stuff, but not the whole environment. :)

elemental

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 26, 2016, 02:51:32 PM
I also thought of a trapper. I suppose it would be not very popular

Yeah, I've thought about a trapper too. Hunting can be very unreliable. When I started my current game hunting was completely useless, despite deer standing right outside my hunting lodge. Hunters would just walk the other way. We nearly had a clothing crisis, which made me wonder if my hunters might all be militant vegan nudists.

A trapper that produced some meat and also some fur/hide/leather would be good, so long as it wasn't overpowered compared to a hunting lodge. But it did occur to me that some players might find it unpleasant. Might be best as a standalone mod, so people can use it or not use it at their choice. Then no one should be offended.  :)

Turis

Hunters have a limit of how many deer they can kill in a given time. I think it is once per month. They don't have this limit if you use Tom's active hunting.

Nilla

Offended by trappers? And not by hunters, herdsmen or fisher? I don't know. I think the idea is good and also realistic, especially if you are thinking about a super harsh climate/landscape without forest. I visited such a landscape in spring (?) (late May, temperature about the freezing point a lot of ice and snow, 24 hours sunshine  :-\ ) Historically the few inhabitants lived from mining, trapping and whaling.

And if someone want things vegan; they don´t have to build any. :)

Agnes53

Hi, I have downloaded this mod, but I can´t find it in game!! Where did you hide it?   :(

brads3

look under the tool bar where u remove stuff.

Agnes53

Thank you very much, I found it   :)

QueryEverything

Quote from: elemental on October 26, 2016, 04:10:32 PM
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 26, 2016, 02:51:32 PM
I also thought of a trapper. I suppose it would be not very popular

Yeah, I've thought about a trapper too. Hunting can be very unreliable. When I started my current game hunting was completely useless, despite deer standing right outside my hunting lodge. Hunters would just walk the other way. We nearly had a clothing crisis, which made me wonder if my hunters might all be militant vegan nudists.

This made me LOL far too hard whilst drinking my coffee :) hahaha!
I have fisherman that are currently like this, 4 in a fishermans hut and not a thing!  Maybe some rogue berries, wtf???

Anyway, I love this fishing mod, I use it next to my traders etc. 

Would love to see a trapper & hunt smaller critters.  I live in bushland here and whilst I am not a hunter, my gameplay says otherwise  ;)
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

Denis de la Rive

I worked out trapping on a technical level, no graphics skill, and the idea you need to create animals is an intellectual trap that has limited design. The difficulty of making the animated models is unnecessary if you consider the size of the fur bearing creatures. There are two different aspects to fur, trapping and trading. The fur trade is best kept as that, trading for beaver. Trapping can be seen as a more localized activity involving small creatures, (no need to apply modern sensibilities here), like hare, fox, raccoon, and muskrat. These are small and can in my opinion be assumed to populate the woods. Trap lines are also not visible in Banished if well made, (very small). They are also sometimes long and far from where fur is processed. So all you really need is a trapper's hut to produce fur, and a furrier to make the clothing. As I see it the fur would replace wool in making the resource "wintercoat". I have numbers if you want them, PM me. :)

I also agree that not every mod can be used with CC, the north is a completely different experience, and also a different voice in the Banished world. I use mega-mod, but it has made the game so easy, I'm considering going to a simpler setup.  8)

elemental

Exactly, Denis. While it might be nice to see rabbits etc running around, even if you can't see them I already assume that there are more than just deer (and ducks in CC) on these maps. And I'm not the only one. There is a death notice in the game that says a hunter was killed by a boar. A a trapper's hut or whatever is all that is really needed.

QueryEverything

Quote from: Denis de la Rive on December 16, 2016, 10:02:46 AM
So all you really need is a trapper's hut to produce fur, and a furrier to make the clothing. As I see it the fur would replace wool in making the resource "wintercoat". I have numbers if you want them, PM me. :)

I also agree that not every mod can be used with CC, the north is a completely different experience, and also a different voice in the Banished world. I use mega-mod, but it has made the game so easy, I'm considering going to a simpler setup.  8)

I use a range of mods and haven't used CC, although given the ToL seems to not be revamped I might have to look at CC.
I would also use the furs as furniture (happiness) & rugs (warmth).   I would also suggest that the fur clothing would have the highest value (excellent) and trade wise, also a high trade score as they really were a luxury resource, depending on the animal used.
[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]