Gatherer

Those large stone chimneys don't seem to fit these dock houses. :-\
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

RedKetchup

Quote from: Gatherer on September 22, 2018, 04:20:04 PM
Those large stone chimneys don't seem to fit these dock houses. :-\

i know but they will still be that way >< sorry
i thought to maybe add a new building to make iron stoves and need 1 stove as building material for these... but can be rough on the start
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

elemental

Iron stoves is a good idea. Building on water should be harder than building on land, so don't worry about making these houses easy to build at the start of the game. But if you were to change them that means new models, more work. So I can understand if you want to leave them as they are. Perhaps as a separate mod at a later date?

RedKetchup

not that hard to change the building chimneys and put stove iron pipes. will see at the end. all the biggest thing is the new building to make stoves and pipes. make using a foundry ? use iron bars ? iron ores ? if 98% of the map is water... how will get a foundry going on ? on a dock ? where put some iron mines/quarrys if almost no land ? and about the start of a new game ? if want to give some iron stoves in the stockpile we would need a new special start ...
so all this is the hardest part. not editing the mesh to delete the stone chimney and put rion pipes.

Hawk

Your dock stuff is coming along nicely. I'm liking it.  ;D
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on September 22, 2018, 05:42:43 PM
all the biggest thing is the new building to make stoves and pipes. make using a foundry ? use iron bars ? iron ores ? if 98% of the map is water... how will get a foundry going on ? on a dock ? where put some iron mines/quarrys if almost no land ? and about the start of a new game ? if want to give some iron stoves in the stockpile we would need a new special start ...
so all this is the hardest part. not editing the mesh to delete the stone chimney and put rion pipes.

A blacksmith could make stoves and pipes. Or a metalworks/foundry. They should be made out of iron (not ore) if you want it to resemble real life industry. Is there really a need to make a new start with iron stoves in stockpiles? Are there no other types of housing available? Not every type of building should be needed (or possible) at the start of the game. It makes it more interesting if we can "tech up" in mid  and late game with new buildings and items. Items and resources can be imported if they aren't produced locally.

A foundry on water is possible I guess, if you make it sit on a stone base instead of wooden poles.

Are there maps that are nearly all water? I think if someone wants to play a map like that it should come with some inherent limitations and challenges. Don't make everything too easy for the players.  :)

Abandoned

oh that is too bad, it was looking promising but now you lost me.  Mines and quarries, iron bars, metal stoves and pipes in wooden house, and a foundry on water. A map with large % water needing all that wood to build with is not enough of a challenge?  Too bad.  :(

zak4862

Hi RK!
I have downloaded your Personal Stockpiles MOD. Its a great standalone mod, but I miss
a forged items stockpile.
So my question :Is there any chance that you would add a forged items stockpile to that mod.
Sorry to bother you and thank you for your answer in advance.
      Regards  zak 4862  ;) :)

taniu

@ RedKetchup ;D I like your docks are wooden - I do not know why players want to impede the game - they are looking for a challenge - this is a nice game - calm - relaxing - if there are challenges, there are other games, war or horror. You have a new, dangerous profile - I'm a bit afraid of you ;) Cheers !

RedKetchup

Quote from: zak4862 on September 23, 2018, 11:17:58 AM
Hi RK!
I have downloaded your Personal Stockpiles MOD. Its a great standalone mod, but I miss
a forged items stockpile.
So my question :Is there any chance that you would add a forged items stockpile to that mod.
Sorry to bother you and thank you for your answer in advance.
      Regards  zak 4862  ;) :)

there is not a stockpile for forged because that flag is stored in a barn ! you cannot takes things that we decided to store in a barn and store it on a stockpile.

yes and no.

all is link to the models of the resources. to be able to be store in a stockpile, the resources needs 3 more models : resources_pile0, resources_pile1, resources_pile2 which are linked to few, medium, and a full row of these items.

if you do a stockpile forged you need to have all the resources in that flag to have all their extra model, if you are missing 1 forged flag resource that doesnt have its 3 extra, your game will crash. you need to make sure all your forged resources from all your other mods will have their extra models... CC (dont have any extra models) , RK (i am not sure if i ever made one), DS ? Kid ? Eb ? Tom ? ... i cant tell. but if in your game you have 1 forged item that doesnt have its 3 extra model, you will crash.

zak4862

I didnt know, that things are so complex. I am sorry and thank you again for your answer - lesson in game.
   Regards  zak 4862  :-[ ;)

embx61

So far i have no forged items. But even if I ever create them it will be stored in a Barn because this is what all the other mods who have some forged items do AFAIK.
[size=8pt][color=teal]My beloved Kathy
As you were you will always be
Treasured forever in my memory[/color][/size]

[size=10pt]For my list of Mods with download links go here[/size]

RedKetchup

Quote from: embx61 on September 23, 2018, 12:36:20 PM
So far i have no forged items. But even if I ever create them it will be stored in a Barn because this is what all the other mods who have some forged items do AFAIK.

not much cost to add the 3 piles models to everything we do... it is only extra kb for each resource in our mods.

zak4862

Only from curiousity - would it be possible to made a small barn just for forged items?

RedKetchup

Quote from: zak4862 on September 23, 2018, 12:46:11 PM
Only from curiousity - would it be possible to made a small barn just for forged items?

yes