News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

RedKetchup : Lucky Seven v:2.0

Started by RedKetchup, July 02, 2014, 09:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedKetchup

Hello ! It is me again, RedKetchup ^^ Like i said at the end of the other topic.... i wasnt really not satisfied of that city. i had the impression i was still in this 500 farmers chalenge and i was doing crops and orchards by billions... i got tired. i wished something new.

so i /quit and restarted /new with same seed. 777 , Lucky Seven

version 2.0.0 :)

As the game started , i paused the game asap it became available and i started to think. "What i ll do?" so during the first hour i only thought and tested and tried to make a design totally different from previous challenges.

When i restarted the new game, i chose ' hard ' as difficulty, so i didnt got any seeds at begining. i ll buy a couple later (a grain & a vegt and also a fruit & nuts) for the health of my Citizens.

this screenshot will show you : all the designs i made before i clicked  '> Play'  to unpause the game. i built around the big little mountain right in middle of the forest. and made an exact Mirror from one side to the other (minus the town hall).
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

RedKetchup

i placed a market each side of the mountain and place 3x6 houses around each market + 1x3 houses (sticked to the mountain). behind each 6 houses blocks i placed 2 barns each side of a little stockpile.

in the space between each blocks or i placed a blacksmith and a school and a woodcutter (north side) or a blackmith and a tailor and a woodcutter (South side)
and then on each corner of that big rectangle, i place an herbalist + a forester + gatherer. and i placed more gatherers/foresters north and south of the city.
Placed side of the central mountain i put and reserved 2x2 crops for when i ll get the seeds i want (2 grains 2 vegts). The 42 houses total will have to do with it :)
the main source of food will be from gatherers ^^.

at each end i placed a Church and a good graveyard. and one of the end has the Townhall.

so when i was really ready i saved, i selected 10X and i clicked '> GO!'

i started with a gatherer, the closest, a stone house and the nearest school. (the citizens started by all the little stockpiles i scattered in the city and then made the gatherer)
it was funny to check them go :)

RedKetchup

After that  i asked a 2nd gatherer, a woodcutter and a blacksmith (which got finished as i was starting to lack some Tools) i also asked to clean the crops placements to get some mats for buildings.

RedKetchup

End of year 4 - beginning of year 5 i ve got 6 houses done, a barn and was working on first forester.

and by year 9 i made another 6 houses, 4 barns, 2 foresters, 2 herbalist a graveyard and my 1st market done. Oh and also , i ve asked a tunnel + a bridge and when it was done, i ve put down my 2 first trading posts by the river, the other side.

irrelevant

Dude, that is freaking amazing. Just beautiful.

RedKetchup

Thanks you @irrelevant :)) yeah i like it too, so far. it reminds me a big big football park ^^

to build my trading posts i took everyone available and asked for a razia! a good clear of all gathering mats which were the other side of the river and put down a stockpile.

RedKetchup

After i took that screenshot cause i found it funny. I made 3 more houses... and a man, a woman, and a one year child splited up to occupied the 3 new house. i never saw a such greedy family lol, they took all the 3 houses, and let the 1-year child occupy one of them ^^ haha

I said to them : You are all kidding me ??? go back to your house !! noway greedy people!

RedKetchup

1st Trading post built , i finally got my 1st merchant ..... gah , cattle :(
i ve got so hard so far to get something useful from merchants , it took time. in my TP i sell firewood and shrooms. and i only stock there the extra Tools to not overload my barns.

Year 13. this screenshot (the 2nd one) show a different point of view where we can appreciate the thick forest which is starting to circle my town :)

RedKetchup

Year 15. This is a screenshot of my city, almost everything in the left part is built. starting to build the 2nd half.

and by the year 18, my townhall is finally built :) i even built some houses... my foresters, my gatherers...

RedKetchup

Year 19 : i ve got some seeds from merchants, i bought Corn (grain?) Pepper (vegt) and Plum (fruit). and by this time, my builders made some more buildings :)

Year 20: my 2nd TP was done also.

edit: BTW, is Corn a grain ? or a vegetable ?

RedKetchup

First a screenshot of both trading posts, and what i ask them

and these are 3 screenshots of where I am presently, i mean where my city is presently. Year 21. South. North. And a closeup view centered on the mountain: Lucky Mt.

Edit: if i can get a bit more cooperating merchants and get a load of stones... so i can finish all my buildings and turn all my roads to stone... it would be great !

irrelevant

Pretty sure that corn is a grain.

rkelly17

Quote from: irrelevant on July 03, 2014, 05:54:48 AM
Pretty sure that corn is a grain.

In Banished the grains are corn and wheat--though field corn is generally harvested later than the corn in Banished.

Bobbi

It is beautiful...and so organized....
I see why you wanted to start over.
'I made 3 more houses... and a man, a woman, and a one year child splited up to occupied the 3 new house.' If I had not seen the screenshot I never would have believed it.

RedKetchup

Good so now i have Corn and Wheat for my 2 grains.
i have Pepper (probably take Bean) for my 2 vegetables.
i have Plum (will take another one, whatever he will bring me) as my 2 fruits
i need 2 nuts.

the most funny part of the greedy family, they let the 1 year old child to live alone and have 1 house alone IMO

i finally got some stones here and there from merchants, almost finished to build everything... i should have a screenshot or 2 .... let me see...
i didnt made any yet when i left game yesterday. i ll do one when i ll start the game. but looks like i made some close up, road view screenshot. i am posting 4-5 of those.