News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Texture Problem

Started by Maldrick, January 22, 2018, 02:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kid1293

About Blender - Yes it is true. It has lot.
Not a corporate thing. Useful ideas from users. Made by users.
It has some shortcoming too. Maybe some patented ideas will
not be implemented unless someone pays for them.
I sit daily and in about two weeks it is two years for me.  :) :) :)

RedKetchup

wow you guys are using Blender more technically that i use 3dsmax lol

only 1 keybinding i use in 3dsmax and it is "M" that bring the material window and thats all ^^
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

blender is full of key binding, it makes it so much quicker.

The thing about blender is it isn't just a 3d modelling program anymore, it is also a game engine with some quite powerful tools.

Every now and then I watch/skip through a few youtube video tutorials to get some more knowledge.
There is a lot of info out there, just a matter of finding what will work for you.
I've seen 3 different methods of making cloth effects in blender, there is probably even more. But things like this are really cool, and once you know them (and remember them), along with the shortcut keybindings, things become quicker and enjoyable. Gone are the days where I dread just redoing a whole model.

@Maldrick, I will send you some of my mod sourcecodes to download if you want. That way you can import my models into blender, open the textures in the UV editor and you can see how I've been texturing lately - all mostly by hand - I probably do spend more time in the UV editor now then in the 3d view.
I've looked through some forums and done some searches but I can't really find anything that would help you. Most advice is just like Kid1293 said, moving UV around by hand or combining then splitting UV's once unwrapped in proportion.

Maldrick

Awesome, @Discrepancy, thank you.  Examples help a lot.

Yeah, I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos.  It's crazy how robust this software is.  Many ways to do the same thing but often with slightly different results that may fit a particular thing better.  With modding in mind, for about every half dozen videos I always come away with one or two new things I can use and a short list of notes for things that might be of use later.

After this current mod I'm working on I may do some of these other things just to gain some first hand knowledge that may give new perspective for modding.

Very much appreciated.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."
― Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Maldrick

Oh, also, the most significant modding skill I learned this week is the ability to just say "F-it, I'm not going to worry about this one thing and press on." lol

I'm working on a larger set than I did the first time and went in looking for ways to keep things consistent and not create new problems. I got caught up on this one thing and I have a tendency to overthink things.  On one hand, I'm glad I did because I learned a couple of things I hadn't earlier, but finally just decided to not worry about what I was trying to do and press forward.  As kid said, a lot comes with experience, so no need to get bogged down as long as I'm getting experience and learning, I think.

Thanks again, all.
"We are the architects of our actions and we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on January 31, 2018, 09:56:00 PM
blender is full of key binding, it makes it so much quicker.

3dsMax is very full of keybinds too !! i just dont know them at all and i dont try to know them neither ^^
i am a clicker, not a keybinder :) even when i played 10 years long World of Warcraft i always been a clicker. dont ask me to use the "w a s d" keybind to move! LOL

RedKetchup

i think there is something wrong with your "wood cottage" ? the real coords of your mesh is not what you see at your screen in your blender.
screenshot 1

as you also notice in screenshot 2, the people will go somewhere else to "use" the house.

it is like the "real coordinates" of the mesh is not the same as the "screen coordinates"
i cannot tell you how to fix it in blender.... though , surely someone can do!

Maldrick

Not sure what I'm looking at in the first pic.  I've tested it, of course, and saw nothing like that in the second pic.  Everything worked fine, actually.

I see in the background you've got stuff loaded from other new modders.  Try it without that?  Thinking there could be a conflict with something one or both of us didn't do properly, maybe?

kid1293

Strange. I tested again and there is nothing wrong.
It works as intended. Placement is okay. Points are okay.

Maldrick

Ya I just downloaded (to make sure it was the same thing) and started a game....All use points (right in front of the doors) are working fine on all 6 variants.

No idea what's causing your problem, RK.

RedKetchup

thats the code you gave to Kralyerg, thats the problem he is experimenting while he tries to add it to the megamod

maybe a conflict with some other "name of the building" points.rsc files ? or something ?
"Wood Cottage" can be very popular ^^ did you named your building in  a way to make sure it doesnt conflict with anything else made by the hundred of modders ? ^^

Edited

Maldrick

Don't know what to say.  It's working properly here.

RedKetchup

Discrepancy

if it is conflicting on your end, are you seeing the conflict @RedKetchup in the mod menu?

RedKetchup

Quote from: Discrepancy on February 01, 2018, 10:03:18 PM
if it is conflicting on your end, are you seeing the conflict @RedKetchup in the mod menu?

no , it is conflicting in the Kralyerg 's screen
i didnt tested anything about it personally, i am just reporting