News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Thought: modding appearance of trade boats & nomads?

Started by MarkJerue, February 15, 2017, 08:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkJerue

This is purely a thought b/c I love the Choo Choo mod :D

Is it possible to revise the appearance of the nomad citizens who show up? I remember seeing a few reskins of citizens (blue-skinned fantasy citizens, Asian citizens, etc), but never a "turn your citizens into WWII tanks"mod.

Maybe a mod could change the appearance of a trader?

This is purely speculation on how to make "moving trains" or "moving wagons" a reality :) No idea if it'd work!

RedKetchup

we cant make them move unfortunatly
and we cannot add any "ground" merchants
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

RedKetchup

Quote from: QueryEverything on February 15, 2017, 02:04:07 PM
@RedKetchup you can't change textures of them?
Into barges or similar?

no cause we dont have the original texture / mesh. we dont know how are set up the files

QueryEverything

[color=purple]~ QE, I query because I like learning new things.  [/color]

Banished pinterest & Banished mod ideas
[color=teal](Gently) Please: if you download mods please rate them, this helps & encourages the modders. :) [/color]

elemental

Quote from: RedKetchup on February 15, 2017, 08:06:01 AM
we cant make them move unfortunatly
and we cannot add any "ground" merchants

It's a pity Luke never released any add-on packs. There is so little in the vanilla game and so many limits on what modding can do. Ground merchants, animated buildings, and a horse and cart system are three things that I'd pay for if offered as DLC. I doubt it will ever happen though.

TheOtherMicheal

Quote from: elemental on February 15, 2017, 04:00:10 PM
It's a pity Luke never released any add-on packs. There is so little in the vanilla game and so many limits on what modding can do. Ground merchants, animated buildings, and a horse and cart system are three things that I'd pay for if offered as DLC. I doubt it will ever happen though.
I always kind of got the feeling that he didn't expect Banished to be as popular as it is. So it's probably one of those things that was not included because maybe he thought there wouldn't be a big enough audience to make it worth the time & development?

RedKetchup

bah we are not millions of people playing at that ^^ i prefer to think in terms of thousands ^^

elemental

Thousands is about right. CC1.7 has 17.5K subscribers on steam, plus more downloads on their site. Anyone still playing this game after 3 years is more than likely a fairly big fan. So for a $5 DLC Luke might get $50K, minus steam sales commission. Worth the time and effort? I don't know.

Judging by his blog it looks like his main goal is to release it for Mac and Linux. I doubt that Banished is a big priority for him. I'm (pleasantly) surprised that he's doing this new patch that adds more limits. If he does anything more after that I'd be quite surprised.

Tom Sawyer

I agree. Steam statistics say something about it and the game is still in use. 17k subscribers for CC1.7 after 3 weeks is a great result. Probably many of them did just try the new version and it does not mean that they are active players but it shows the potential and the interest in new content for Banished.

Hawk

I bought Banished at GOG back in Nov. of last year and have been playing it exclusively since.
Unfortunately GOG doesn't give any purchase/download statistics.
[b][i]Hawk[/i][/b]

[color=#800000][i]Yes, I can multitask. I can listen, ignore and forget all at the same time.[/i][/color]

MarkJerue

Darn, it was a thought at least!

Maybe if we all descend on the dev's house and demonstrate he will do as we bid :D Who wants to make the signs?