News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

Work In Progress: DS Storage

Started by Discrepancy, June 13, 2016, 12:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Wow! What I can see here makes me happy. A viking storage building.  :)

It could fit nicely in the nordic environment. Have you tested it there? Maybe round the edges of the grass roof a bit for the realistic look.

Edit... I think the dimensions of your building are right. Its not really too high or too low. And the texture is a good choice.

kid1293

lyonlee

Hi, Discrepancy.

Your work is good. But I want to say one thing.

'Basic storage yard coal and materials' does not store anything, others work well.

Discrepancy

New beta ver.02:

DSStorage_Beta02
Should be save game compatible.

@lyonlee , I have fixed the issue with the Coal/Materials storage yard, should work fine now.

Also you now get an updated version of the Viking Turf Roof Stock Vault (capacity = 10000, cost = 84 Log + 52 Stone + 140 Build)
I have changed the roof to be a little more smoothed, but still not enough.
I have also improved textures (though I want to still put grass around the stone.
pictures: (I have also added a build03, you will notice that the 3rd picture (build03) doesn't match because I'd forgotten to add the code to the template file when I took first pics)

I also fixed the building footprint for SmallCellar02.

lyonlee

Thanks for your update, Discrepancy.

But 'Basic storage yard coal and materials' does not store anything still.
And 'Basic storage Yard' could not store 'coal and materials', it could store only 'wood, stone, iron and fuel'.

RedKetchup

wouldnt you have a problem with a specific mod ? i know it exist one , somewhere, that always cause problem with coals... but i dont remember the one.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

Discrepancy

New beta ver.03:

DSStorage_Beta03(6mb)
Should be save game compatible (I have loaded up a previous save,  checked all buildings and built new ones, ran for 5yrs, saved and exited, then reloaded, ran for another 5 and no issues).

Changes:
- Fixed issue with not storing Coal/Materials - I had originally misspelled 'CoalFuel' as Coalfuel, I had thought I'd fixed it last time but had altered the wrong file in the wrong folder of an earlier version of the mod. All fixed now, checked and works.

- Changed some string texts and titles (but no filenames so is save game compatible).

- Smoothed out some of the 3d models (thanks to Kid1293).

- Viking Stock Vault now has an increased storage capacity of 12000 (up from 10000).

- Added a new storage option:

Firewood Chopper's Shack
A small capacity roofed firewood pile siting on 1 tile + road. The roof overhangs on one side...
fits perfectly I think with using a small firewood chopper (like Kid1293's excellent Tiny Chopper mod [scroll down, there are lots of other great mods also] or alternatively you could use it for anything else...

:) pictures:

lyonlee

Thanks for early update, Discrepancy.

Now everything works well. :)

Your mod is excellent.

Discrepancy

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Discrepancy

here is something I'm working on. I think I have finally finished the building, now onto the texture.

A large Town Tithe Barn

sits on a huge 13x8 footprint (15x8 with road tiles)

Not sure yet what the storage count will be, or the build cost.
I have 4 build models, so the build time will be pretty long, these were/are large storage barns.
(is there a limit to the number of build models you can have? )

kid1293

The total build time is what you set as -
   int _workRequired = 400;
- or something, then the game divides that time
with the build phases. It is not evenly distributed
I guess Luke had something in mind.

I have seen 3, never 4 build

Do a test - just a cube or something -
build01 green, 02 red, 03 blue, 04 yellow
then you can see what happens.
Set workRequired  = 100
and you should see percentage of the builds.

Fantastic building, it will dominate the town.
Sad we cant look inside  :(

kid1293

It seems like:
Build01  0%
Build02 33%
Build03 66%
Mesh   100%
Haven't tested with four.

RedKetchup

0% = build01 = always when the materials have been put on the building site.
100% = mesh = always when building is complete.

0.1%-99.9% = build02,build03,build04,build05,build06,build07,build08,build09.....
you can put as many you want (even 10-12 step)....
the only thing is your .fbx will be bigger (a 3d design for build01, a 3d design for build02, a 3d design for build03, a 3d design for build04, a 3d design for build05... and so on)

the game count 100% divided by the number of builds in your template
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

kid1293

Thanks! @RedKetchup
Really useful.
So with enough build stages you get a cinema? :)

Discrepancy

awesome, thanks for that insight and information.

Yes I have tested with 4 builds and it worked fine. I just need to find textures I'm happy with.

I may increase my build number up to 6 I think - there is a rather nice oak frame to this building (under the roof). Even with all those builds, this model still won't be as big (poly count) as the apiary example, so it shouldn't be too demanding. Also it is so large, it isn't something you would build a lot of.

QuoteSo with enough build stages you get a cinema? :)

you've got me thinking now!