News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

DS Fences and Decorations v1.3 (updated 25 Dec 2017)

Started by Discrepancy, July 14, 2016, 09:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discrepancy

DS Fences and Decorations

v1.3 -  25 Dec 2017

Includes:
- Log Fence (4 color variations)
- Horse Fence (2 color variations)
- Country Stone Wall
- Brushwood Fence
- Town Stone Wall (2 color variations)
- Village Stone Wall
- Modular Fence components (2 styles)
- Decorations: Crates, Barrels, Wagons, Ladders, Lanterns, Posts

F-key for variants on most of the components (fences and decorations). I am too lazy to create all the toolbar icons (this will be changed in a future version. :)

v1.3 - change to new toolbar location within DS toolbar, icon changes and file name changes and locations to DSSV fence.

added in v1.2:
added T-pieces & cross-pieces to the log fence menu. Also roadbound variants.
added new Village Stone Wall (this was a fence that didn't make it into DSSV).

Some of the new things in v1.1 / v1.11:

Log Fence v1

Horse Fence v1

Country Stone Wall v1

Brushwood Fence v1

Town Stone Walls v1

Decorations v1

*some gates, fences and decorations can only be demolished by upgrading first through the UI box, others allow direct demolish from the UI.

download 'DS Fences and Decorations' here.

Installation:
Download .zip file
Extract the .pkm file (Right-Click on .zip file, Extract All...)
Move DSFences.pkm file to your Banished/WinData folder
Enable DSFences in the Banished Mod Menu (Main Menu/Game Pause Menu)
Should not matter where on the loads order, no conflicts with other mods.

Change Log:

[b]version 1.3[/b] released: 25 Dec 2017 **current release
- updated into new community-DS toolbar locations.
- changed file directory and names of DSSV fence.

[b]version 1.2[/b] released: 22nd September 2016
New / Added:
- Log Fence Junction pieces (T-piece & Cross-piece), all 4 color styles. Also decorative-road-bound variants.
- Village Stone Wall (straight, long straight, cnr, end, T-piece, cross-piece, overhang, gates) and lots of variants.
Fixed / Changed:
- Changed string name of 'Town Stone Wall' menu to 'Town and Village Stone Walls'.

[b]version 1.11[/b] released: 28th July 2016
Fixed / Changed:
- Fixed issue with Log Fence Gate not build-able on roads. (delete roads under any 'Log Fence Gate' before updating)
- Fixed issue with Decorative Stone base lanterns not displaying texture correctly.

version 1.1 released:  25th July 2016
New / Added:
- Modular Fence components (early-release), decorative-road-bound, 2 styles.
- Country Stone Wall, single-tile Gate, 5-long Straight, Storage 2x2 Corner, Angle pieces.
- Decorations: Added angled variants of small wagons, post lanterns and wall lanterns.
- 6 Wooden Post variants (2 styles)
- Decorative 'Welcome' & 'Welcome to town' signs added.
- Log/Horse/Brushwood Fences, decorative-road-bound alternatives, via Fence menus.
- Horse Fence 'Overhang' and 'Non-Flattening' pieces added.
- 'Remove Structures' Tool added to DSFences toolbar menu.
- Town Stone Wall & End variations. End variants, plus overhang and angle pieces.
Fixed / Changed:
- Adjusted angles and locations of decorative ladders.
- Adjusted size of decorative wagons, barrels, crates/boxes.
- Town Stone walls and ends menu's combined.
- Build prices changed.
- Various string texts altered.

version 1.0 released: 14th July 2016
Initial release.
Log Fence, Horse Fence, Country Stone Wall, Brushwood Fence,
Town Stone Wall 01 & 02, Decorations

Stringtable: DSFencesStringTable.rsc

bubbamcgee

Unfortunately, after several failed attempts, I can tell you that this is not save game compatible. 

Kimbolton

Hi Discrepancy,

I tested this a lot last night in the beta version and just did some quick testing now with the final version.

Everything looks great. Love the variety and the decorations. The high fences were particularly needed but it all looks really good.
I did notice that there does not seem to be a gate option for the wooden fence that is on the edge of the tile. No biggy though.

Thank you very much for all of this work. It is a great addition to the game! :)

bubbamcgee,

I put this in my saved game and it worked fine. Not sure why we are having two different outcomes with that.

bubbamcgee

Kimbolton... I'm not sure where the issue is between the beta and the official release at this point.  I am deleting the huge amount of fences that I've used in my city and then will update to the official release to see if there is still an issue.  Going to take some time for my workers to destroy all of it... but, I really do not want to start a new town just for the latest release.

tanypredator

Looks great, especially Town Stone Walls and decorations! What about making barrels and boxes to be a very small storages? I wanted to make small barrel storages, but stopped modding for a while.

Discrepancy

@tanypredator
That is a good idea, what kind of capacity would they be? 50-100? or perhaps less with some of them being so small. I think I will utilize this idea in DS Storage.

@bubbamcgee
sorry I'm not able to help with this. I had no issues myself with the save-game i tried it with, though not all of the components had been build in that one.

@Kimbolton
A wooden gate for the Brushwood fence? that is one I missed.

Most parts are modular, that you can just mix them up a bit, granted some of the styling doesn't work together.

Perhaps I should keep a list here of things that  have been suggested, and what I have thought about...

suggestions:

- 'Welcome' and 'Welcome to Town' signs
- (Brush)wood Fence gate/s
- 'Storage' barrels/crates/boxes

future additions:

- Log Fence
Small Gate
Alternate Large Gate
Centered T & + pieces
Non-flattening terrain pieces

- Horse Fence
Overhang piece
Non-flattening terrain pieces

- Country Stone Wall
Single road tile gate
Long straight
Curved corner
Angles

- Brushwood Fence
Alternate texture
Alternate style
Angles
Gates

- Town Stone Walls
Menu cleanup
Stone End/Cnr variations
Overhang pieces
Angles

- Decorations
Fix location issue with one of the 'hanging' lantern decorations
Adjust location/angles of ladders
Alternate crate textures
Angled variants of post and wall lanterns
Upgrade-able to impassable objects
'Ghost' decorations
Signs: 'Tavern', 'Village'

Tom Sawyer

Wow! So a great variety and very nice new ideas for decoratives. Your are very productive. The ladder to be placed on a house is funny or on a fruit tree... And I like your lanterns. :)

While putting your items in my test town, I had in mind that a decorative item should get a function if possible and if not, it should not waste space if possible.

So I also think the carts should be storage locations. It would be very useful to place them next to a fisherman or next to a field. I would make 100 or 150 storage per tile of the carts. I use 1000 for the shed with 6 tiles = 166 / tile and more efficient numbers for barns. The two storied big barn has 340 per tile paid with high building costs for example.

The fences would not waste space if they were placed on the edge of the tile like the horse fence and if the tile could be used as a road. So you can build a fence between a (fenceless) pasture and a road without a disadvantage.

Discrepancy

More good ideas :) thanks.

The thing about the fence on the edge, and it being a road-tile would make it that the fence would be purely decorative only, it wouldn't be able to stop passage of the citizens.
But I could add it as an option, just a bit of copy and past code.

Thanks for the info on storage numbers, I also agree about the carts being storage too.

Tom Sawyer

Yes ok, they would pass the fence. But why not, if there is a shorter way. They are just clever (a bit^^). I think if the road network is good, they don't need to climb the fence. And a fence around a building will not be passed of course.

bubbamcgee

It turns out that the double width farm gates from the beta were causing the crash with the official release.  I had placed roads through the gates, as I usually do.  After I removed the roadway, then the gate, I was able to save, update to the official release and have no issues.  So, if anyone else has an issue upgrading from beta to official release, this may be your issue.

I too would agree that the crates and barrels would make great storage options.  Makes things more realistic and solves an issue with workers having to travel long distances to drop things off. 

DesoPL

Now i need here only stone walls like they are in fountain mod, and i will be happy. Looks great. :)

Herrbear

Discrepancy

updated to version 1.1
see first post for details and change log.

bubbamcgee

@Discrepancy - Do we need to delete the ladders, carts, crates, etc. we've placed in our town using the old version before updating to the newest version since there has been modifications to their sizes/placement? 

Discrepancy

I think it should be okay.... ? I'm not 100% sure though.

I had a save game with a fair few of the components (fences and decorations) in the town, and it seems to be fine handling the upgrade.
Unfortunately I hadn't built everything so I'm not certain.

I'm pretty sure I had only changed the .fbx models, so that really shouldn't cause issues... but considering the decorations are mostly free build and delete, if you have an issue I would try that.

next time I update I will make sure I build everything in a town to see if there are issues when updating.