News:

Welcome to World of Banished!

Main Menu

THE NORTH 6

Started by Tom Sawyer, December 09, 2017, 01:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galensgranny

QuoteThey don't hunt for two month after every deer they have killed. That makes maximum 6 deer per hunting lodge in a year. Rather 4 - 5 in game because of searching for the next deer after the close season has ended.

I did not know that.  That is not realistic or very sensible.  Well then, I will certainly download your mod.  Thanks to Thorsten44 for bringing up the Hunting Unlimited mod for the actual hunter's lodge which got you, Tom, to bring it back here!  :)

darnokthemage

Hi, have you though about making the falu red painted buildings require red paint? It would make sense adding it as a tradable and later produceable product that uses iron ore, as the paint is a rest product from mining iron. Since the paint was only starting to be really common in the 1900th century, it would make sense to only be able to afford it for bigger and more important buildings in the early game.

Tom Sawyer

Welcome on board! Yes, this idea exists since red cottages appeared in this mod. The idea was to make Falu red by the traditional recipe from flour, linseed oil and copper ore as a building requirement of every red house. But there are still some issues to solve. For example: Where and by what a profession to make it without being strange? What's with buildings which have different paintings in 'F' variants like Small Barn and Blacksmith Shop or upcoming town houses. Would it become too confusing or even annoying to have to make this paint from various ingredients just to build this or that house.. in addition to bricks and glass which already define the modern time. So it's not fully worked out yet. :)

darnokthemage

Is it possible to make buildings change their "F" change variants depending on resources you have? Probably not...

RedKetchup

Quote from: darnokthemage on December 31, 2017, 03:49:03 PM
Is it possible to make buildings change their "F" change variants depending on resources you have? Probably not...

no, only the model, not  the resources.
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

darnokthemage

Hmm... how moddable is Banished? Can you for example add animated buildings, or new skins of animals and villagers?

Gatherer

Quote from: darnokthemage on January 01, 2018, 04:53:36 AM
Can you for example add animated buildings?

No.

Quote from: darnokthemage on January 01, 2018, 04:53:36 AM
Can you for example add new skins of animals and villagers?

Yes.
There's never enough deco stuff!!!
Fiat panis.

Nilla

I´ve found a bug.

It looks like the apiary follows the clothes limit.

Tom Sawyer

Yes, the modkit has its limits @darnokthemage . Animated buildings are one of them. But I do not really miss such a feature. The only object that would use it is probably a mill. Other restrictions bother me more. But there are also many more things we can do and who knows what we still can figure out.

With the bee yard you seem to be right @Nilla. I was thinking about any put-off but no idea why the bees could follow the clothes limit. 8)

RedKetchup

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 01, 2018, 05:17:32 PM
Other restrictions bother me more. But there are also many more things we can do and who knows what we still can figure out.

:D

yeah like i did : put some plants and make them moving and/or disappearing in winter inside the building meshes...
or horse heads inside a stable which swing and move a bit with billboard evergreen material :)
> > > Support Mods Creation developments with Donations by Paypal  < < <
Click here to Donate by PayPal .

darnokthemage

So is a bigger trading ship out of the question? It would be cool to have a more longboatish, or atleast bigger ship instead of a guy with a hat in a small boat.

Tom Sawyer

I did not try to replace the vanilla boat. I guess the CC crew tried, but I always saw only rowboats on the trading post there.

taniu

@ Tom Sawyer  :D I was thinking about a sea ship that is moored to the shore like in CC and is fishing, whales, seals and lobsters - not a merchant boat
Viking ship - Normans would also moor on the shore and catch seals, whales, walrus, cod - this is just my idea, is it possible to create such a ship, what do you think  Tom? I am sending several pictures

taniu

@Tom Sawyer  :)I am sending some pictures of buildings from Norway, maybe it will be useful with new ideas for "The North".Regards

taniu